Oh BTW, don't hold your breath waiting to see "BIG PAPI" on the field.........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Oh BTW, don't hold your breath waiting to see

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I'm confident he'll be in the lineup by Opening Day.

How he, or anyone will perform, is speculation.

[/QUOTE]

so your opinion isnt speculation, the other's are?

lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

BTW, Papi will not be in the lineup today.......

That was stated days ago.

Try to keep up.

Thank you for your concern about my lack of ability to keep up !!!   Just trying to prepare"YOU T-BALLERS" for the coming news that the 37-42 year old PAPI with bad wheels is nearing his next phase in baseball, being a "SPECIAL ASSISTANT" in the Dominican !!!

Do you want to bet that he doesn't play this year?

NO<NO<NO< .......  As the great Bobby Kennedy would say.......  "SON, it is what it is"  !!!!!!

I didn't think you really had confidence in what you post.

Thanks for verifying that.

So, you are confident that we will soon get the "old Papi" back ?? That is a mistake to not understand the situation at hand !!!!

The old Big Papi as in last year's model? Certainly by opening day in the Bronx. And I can't seem to recall Robert Kennedy ever saying "It is what it is". Bill Belichick and Bill Parcells have both however, uttered that phrase repeatedly.

I think  B K use to say that to all the gal's he met along the way !!!

Now you're confusing him with his brother.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

lol

[/QUOTE]

You're clueless, as usual.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports wrote a long flattering piece on David Ortiz:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/big-papi-takes-swings-at-rekindling-idiots-era-magic--sabermetrics-and-retirement---042243035.html

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

lol

You're clueless, as usual.

Just an observation........  4b's......  you can say what you want about my postings......  but when I see you jump on Gerome ,Softy, and others.... That tells me that you  really are a T-BALLER and ICE CREAM was what your baseball experience was all about !!!!

[/QUOTE]

After reading your posts Bill, your opinion of me worrys me not at all....

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Just read a report in the GLOBE,  Papi is 7-10 days away from increasing his activity from agility stuff to more Baseball related activity.......   Also,  MRI shows that the HEEL had a slight tear that has heeled......  I say that the "RED FLAG" continues  !!!

More old news...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

Just read a report in the GLOBE,  Papi is 7-10 days away from increasing his activity from agility stuff to more Baseball related activity.......   Also,  MRI shows that the HEEL had a slight tear that has heeled......  I say that the "RED FLAG" continues  !!!

How is the block buster coming along?

SOOOON  !!!!   Just look at the #'s ......

what numbers?

the only number i can think of is -0-.... and 0 signifies how many of your predictions have come true

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Why did they show a 37 year old DH only coming off a significant injury the money?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Why did they show a 37 year old DH only coming off a significant injury the money?

because that 37 year old had one of the highest OPS in the league prior to the injury?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In todays BLEACHER REPORT............  "RED SOX SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE RETURN (IF & WHEN) OF BIG PAPI"  !!!!!       So, all you T-BALLERS, what do you think of that ICE CREAM ????????   It must FROST you all with every passing day that "DAD & BILL-806 were spot on here !!!

Got a link to a specific article?

I don't see anything about Ortiz on there, at the moment.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

In todays BLEACHER REPORT............  "RED SOX SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE RETURN (IF & WHEN) OF BIG PAPI"  !!!!!       So, all you T-BALLERS, what do you think of that ICE CREAM ????????   It must FROST you all with every passing day that "DAD & BILL-806 were spot on here !!!   For the record, I have always been a big "BIG PAPI" FAN !!!

We are all concerned, at least the Sox fans are. Most of us internalize our concerns but you have every right to run your concerns up the flagpole for everyone to see. By doing so you are trying to draw attention to yourself and / or place another feather into your forum ego hat. Do you realize that the perception is that you hope that Papi remains injured and doesn't make the opening day lineup. You jointhe ranks of those whp prayed that JD Drew and Ellsbury would fail. Is this how you want to be perceived. Trying to emulate Andrewmitch and Softlaw is not something to be proud of.

Sorry,  but you are so far off here.......  My entire thread has always been about the laid back approach to the seriousness of Papi's heel injury to begin with and the fact that "at age 37-42 & 265LB's he is facing a long process just to get back on the field......  The fact that only a handful of posters agree with me just indicates that we must be flat wrong or perhaps sadly right !!!!  time will tell with every passing day !!!

So, you think the Sox should be rushing to get Ortiz on the field, just to prove a point?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In todays BLEACHER REPORT............  "RED SOX SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE RETURN (IF & WHEN) OF BIG PAPI"  !!!!!       So, all you T-BALLERS, what do you think of that ICE CREAM ????????   It must FROST you all with every passing day that "DAD & BILL-806 were spot on here !!!   For the record, I have always been a big "BIG PAPI" FAN !!!

We are all concerned, at least the Sox fans are. Most of us internalize our concerns but you have every right to run your concerns up the flagpole for everyone to see. By doing so you are trying to draw attention to yourself and / or place another feather into your forum ego hat. Do you realize that the perception is that you hope that Papi remains injured and doesn't make the opening day lineup. You jointhe ranks of those whp prayed that JD Drew and Ellsbury would fail. Is this how you want to be perceived. Trying to emulate Andrewmitch and Softlaw is not something to be proud of.

Sorry,  but you are so far off here.......  My entire thread has always been about the laid back approach to the seriousness of Papi's heel injury to begin with and the fact that "at age 37-42 & 265LB's he is facing a long process just to get back on the field......  The fact that only a handful of posters agree with me just indicates that we must be flat wrong or perhaps sadly right !!!!  time will tell with every passing day !!!

The " laid back approach"?? Show me an article that suggests that the FO has a "laid back" approach.  The FO is concerned, being extra cautious, being patient, and careful. What is wrong with that?

I don't think Bill knows if it's wrong or not.

But, he has to no "fat cats" to rant about, so this is the next best thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

So, you think the Sox should be rushing to get Ortiz on the field, just to prove a point?

No......   What I am saying is that "HE COULD/MAY BE ALL DONE"  !!!  wHAT NO ONE IS SAYING IS THAT YOU CAN'T PLAY BASEBALL ON A BUM HEEL !!!

Fine, he "could/may" be all done.

Does the board really need daily "could/may" updates?

BTW. Ball players play with "healed" achilles tendons quite often, doctor....

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

No......   What I am saying is that "HE COULD/MAY BE ALL DONE"  !!!  wHAT NO ONE IS SAYING IS THAT YOU CAN'T PLAY BASEBALL ON A BUM HEEL !!!

Fine, he "could/may" be all done.

Does the board really need daily "could/may" updates?

BTW. Ball players play with "healed" achilles tendons quite often, doctor....

OK, Thank you very much.......You keep filling out your line-up for April 1st !!!

You said it yourself.

He could/may be playing on Opening Day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

What a maroon.

Sections
Shortcuts