Oh hey, here's some prospect news.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Oh hey, here's some prospect news.

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

Have you considered the moniker of StratesCarnie?

How about ArtCarnie?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

How about ArtCarnie?

BlarneyCarnie

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SallyCarnie. Show SallyCarnie's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

How about ArtCarnie?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Baseballamerica.com does a top 200. To me the best prospect list.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/index.php/quick-hits-from-grapefruit-league-minor-league-camps/#comment-787565

Heres a great link on some prospects around the league.  Here's he prt here thy talk about Allen Webster:

Allan Webster (BOS RHP): One of the prospects players in Florida generating the most buzz this March is Allen Webster. Webster was acquired from the Dodgers in the Adrian Gonzalez-Josh Beckett-Carl Crawford trade. From the looks of it Webster’s name may be used as an example for some time to come of why you don’t both take on big salary in a trade and give up promising arms. Webster was an easy as can be 96-97 and hit 99 mph. It’s not a straight high 90′s either, as his fastball runs a few inches and sinks late. It’s a very difficult pitch to square up or do anything with. The secondaries both showed strong, too. Webster’s power slider (87-88 mph) had a tremendous amount of depth and breaks late. The changeup can also be a weapon and sinks and fades out of the zone. Webster has taken a huge step forward from last year. So what’s the cause (as pitching prospects everywhere are asking themselves)? Mike Newman and my buddy Chris Blessing saw Webster a few times last year and they have previously discussed the need for him to get physically stronger. Webster looks like he showed up to camp a lot more muscular and filled in. Another reason may be how new Webster was to pitching. He was primarily a shortstop in high school before converting to pitching as a pro. Whatever the cause, Webster suddenly compares favorably with many of the best pitching prospects around the game.

Fantasy Impact: Webster all of a sudden looks like a front line starter who can help very soon.

They also talk about a few other sox prospects as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Thanks for that post hugh. I'm going to repost the link and make it clickable.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/index.php/quick-hits-from-grapefruit-league-minor-league-camps/#comment-787565

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

How do you make it "clickable"?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

How do you make it "clickable"?

You have to use the insert link button at the bottom of the Add your post box and paste the url into the pop up window.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

After highlighting the text where you want to put the link.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

ahhh I just figured that out myself, I was going to ask too.  Moon did it for me though! Thank you both. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

noobs :p

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Henry Owens is looking good this spring.  He has added 15 lbs and has added velocity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/03/25/stranger-than-fiction-jaw-dropping-outing-for-red-sox-prospect-henry-owens/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Henry Owens is looking good this spring.  He has added 15 lbs and has added velocity.

Thanks for the update. Great news!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

He could be headed for top 50 territory this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Kinda funny though, the earlier scouting reports I've read on Owens seems to highlight his curveball as his out pitch with plus potential.  But here it seems like he has been throwing his fastball and changeup much better.  I wonder if that is a result of really working on those two pitches and neglecting his curve kinda like how they took workmans cutter away for a season (heard nothing about this from Owens).  Regarldess it shows that he has worked on and improved his weak points which to me means if he can continue to move up that learning curve this kid may be something really special. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Kinda funny though, the earlier scouting reports I've read on Owens seems to highlight his curveball as his out pitch with plus potential.  But here it seems like he has been throwing his fastball and changeup much better.  I wonder if that is a result of really working on those two pitches and neglecting his curve kinda like how they took workmans cutter away for a season (heard nothing about this from Owens).  Regarldess it shows that he has worked on and improved his weak points which to me means if he can continue to move up that learning curve this kid may be something really special. 

I think the smartest way to go fopr a young pitcher is to develop a freat FB and change. Dont mess with all that other stuff until you can get the other 2 working. Then throw in a curve, slider,splitter or whatever. When a young arm (teenager) throws too many pitches that requires him to teist his wrist and elbow, he has a much larger chance for arm/shoulder issues. Once his body has developed a bit more (20+) then start really working on a couple more off speed pitches. You can never beat a solid FB/CU combo as your best 2 pitches IMO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I think the smartest way to go fopr a young pitcher is to develop a freat FB and change. Dont mess with all that other stuff until you can get the other 2 working. Then throw in a curve, slider,splitter or whatever. When a young arm (teenager) throws too many pitches that requires him to teist his wrist and elbow, he has a much larger chance for arm/shoulder issues. Once his body has developed a bit more (20+) then start really working on a couple more off speed pitches. You can never beat a solid FB/CU combo as your best 2 pitches IMO.

That makes sense.  get the fastball down and be able to spot and work on the arm speed of the change.  If they never develop the other stuff, then they still may be able to find a job as a reliver if they can spot a fastball.  Fastball command is really important too.  Heck great fastball command can be the difference between a #3 pitcher and an ace.  If you spot that pitch down and in, tail it away, or rise it high, that is pretty much like having three pitches.  

Besides the obvious suspects in the upper minors, Owens and Kukuk (if given a full season assignment) are two guys I'm looking forward to seeing develop well this year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Alex Speier has a really nice article on JBJ and his coach back in Virginia up today. Apparently Bradley's coach from 8th grade on was a huge Red Sox fan. This story just gets better and better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Alex Speier has a really nice article on JBJ and his coach back in Virginia up today. Apparently Bradley's coach from 8th grade on was a huge Red Sox fan. This story just gets better and better.

Imagine what it must feel like for a coach to see a kid he once helped reach this kinda stardom (which may only be the beginning for JBJ)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

That makes sense.  get the fastball down and be able to spot and work on the arm speed of the change.  If they never develop the other stuff, then they still may be able to find a job as a reliver if they can spot a fastball.  Fastball command is really important too.  Heck great fastball command can be the difference between a #3 pitcher and an ace.  If you spot that pitch down and in, tail it away, or rise it high, that is pretty much like having three pitches.  

Besides the obvious suspects in the upper minors, Owens and Kukuk (if given a full season assignment) are two guys I'm looking forward to seeing develop well this year. 

Im with you on that hugh. Cant wait to see these guys start to rise uop the ranks.

Noe Ramirez is another one, although he realized the other day that his A-ball stuff isnt going to work just yet on MLB hitters as he got taken deep with back to back dingers by Utley and Howard. The kid took it in stride as he had a bit of a smile on his face. Hes got pretty good stuff too. Just needs a couple more years to really develop it like the two mentioned above.