Oh No Bill ,,, Ortiz "is" Getting Healthy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Oh No Bill ,,, Ortiz "is" Getting Healthy

As Dad would say when you're wrong you're wrong. Ortiz is running the bases and will play in game by the end of next week.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Oh No Bill ,,, Ortiz

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ortiz isn't every going to be "healthy", again. Old men don't get healthier.

so older people only deteriorate?? they can never get healthy? well you may want to talk to my grandmother who beat cancer at age 71. Or my Uncle, who broke his leg at age 49 and gets around just fine.

this has to be one of the dumbest things i've ever seen you post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

DONT WORRY ABOUT YOU AND DAD BEING WRONG YET AGAIN BILL, TELL US MORE ABOUT THE BLOCKBUSTER THAT IS COMING

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Softy, 

Your a troll and a fool. I'm 64 going on 65 in November and with work I'm healthier now than I've been in years. Up until my early 40s I covered up to 125 miles a week training in long distance running but I gave it up as my knees were getting too cranky. About two years ago at 62 I started getting back on my cycle and putting serious mileage. Last year I covered over 4000 miles cycling with hoping to cover 5-6000 this year, so your statement is one made from your own ignorance and stupidity. And what do you mean by old men. Ortiz is 37 or so and you consider that old. You are a MORON.

Answer me this oh smart one. If I can cover 50 miles in one bike ride last year over three hours and two years before my limit was 20 miles I guess in your standards somehow I'm not getting healthier. I'd love to hear your educated answer. 

Hetch 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

o older people only deteriorate?? they can never get healthy? well you may want to talk to my grandmother who beat cancer at age 71. Or my Uncle, who broke his leg at age 49 and gets around just fine.

Mel,

Please read my reply to Softy. Who ever he is, he clearly defines what a moron is. 

Hetch

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

As Dad would say when you're wrong you're wrong. Ortiz is running the bases and will play in game by the end of next week.

Sorry, The 37-42- year old 265+lb "big papi" is done...... That heel would give him trouble on the golf course !!!

ignorance is bliss eh Bill??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

under what conditions can a player avoid being drug tested?  Do they test players on the disabled list?  If a player had a nagging injury that prevented them from playing in pre-season games could they delay undergoing a drug test?  Why would a player need to leave ST and fly to the DR for a short stay?  It's not like the DR is known for rehabbing players testing positive Or anything.

speaking of which, anybody knw the whereabouts of Colon, Manny, ARod, Sammy Sosa?

i'm sure Ortiz will be fine and he'll be hitting for the cycle jst as soon as he's flushed the negative energy from his mind.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

under what conditions can a player avoid being drug tested?  Do they test players on the disabled list?  If a player had a nagging injury that prevented them from playing in pre-season games could they delay undergoing a drug test?  Why would a player need to leave ST and fly to the DR for a short stay?  It's not like the DR is known for rehabbing players testing positive Or anything.

speaking of which, anybody knw the whereabouts of Colon, Manny, ARod, Sammy Sosa?

i'm sure Ortiz will be fine and he'll be hitting for the cycle jst as soon as he's flushed the negative energy from his mind.

it said in the article that he left for personal reasons... maybe a sick family member? who knows.

but feel free to jump right to the most logical conclusion :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

so older people only deteriorate?? they can never get healthy? well you may want to talk to my grandmother who beat cancer at age 71. Or my Uncle, who broke his leg at age 49 and gets around just fine.

seeing how this is a sports thread i think it is safe to safe to say soft was referring to athletes.. in a sport where 32 means you are old,  ortiz is very old and will never be as healthy as he was several seasons ago  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I am a little confused by jack bu.  He has made over 2,000 posts, but as he feels we should assume softy is talking sports merely because this is a sports board, one has to assume he has certainly read a lot fewer posts than he has made...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to notin's comment:

I am a little confused by jack bu.  He has made over 2,000 posts, but as he feels we should assume softy is talking sports merely because this is a sports board, one has to assume he has certainly read a lot fewer posts than he has made...

jackbu will agree with anyone bashing Big Papi. Bashing Ortiz is his favorite pastime.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

'I am a little confused by jack bu.  He has made over 2,000 posts, but as he feels we should assume softy is talking sports merely because this is a sports board, one has to assume he has certainly read a lot fewer posts than he has made..."

so would it be your contention that 37 isnt old for a baseball player? do you also think ortiz will be healthy this year?  

do you ever have an original thought or do you just criticize posters?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Dont know why folks give Bill such flack for posting concerns about Papi.  Achilles injury for an athlete Papi's age and size is going to be a chronic problem like it or not.  Im a huge Papi fan and wish him the very best - but at same time am realistic about expecting his playing time to be interrupted for rest periods for the heel.  Just the way it goes with that particular injury.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Softy, 

Your a troll and a fool. I'm 64 going on 65 in November and with work I'm healthier now than I've been in years. Up until my early 40s I covered up to 125 miles a week training in long distance running but I gave it up as my knees were getting too cranky. About two years ago at 62 I started getting back on my cycle and putting serious mileage. Last year I covered over 4000 miles cycling with hoping to cover 5-6000 this year, so your statement is one made from your own ignorance and stupidity. And what do you mean by old men. Ortiz is 37 or so and you consider that old. You are a MORON.

Answer me this oh smart one. If I can cover 50 miles in one bike ride last year over three hours and two years before my limit was 20 miles I guess in your standards somehow I'm not getting healthier. I'd love to hear your educated answer. 

Hetch 

I only did just under 3,000 miles last year myself (bad couch potato habits are hard to break). My goal this year is at least 6,000 miles.

Do you have any favorite spots to ride?

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I had major re-constructive shoulder surgery in '07 at the age of 51. Just turned 57. As I type this, I am working pulling scenerey in and out for the Moscow Ballet. Speed and strength moves. If "getting healthy" means being able to do your job, I think Papi will be fine.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts