Oh No Bill ,,, Ortiz "is" Getting Healthy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Oh No Bill ,,, Ortiz

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Re-constructive surgery doesn't mean you are "getting healthy". It simply means you aren't an invalid. Youth is where "healthy" comes from.

As usual, your view is narrow and short sighted.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

This argument is ridiculous.

Yes a 37 year old man can heal from an injury.

No a 37 year old man is not the same athlete he was at 27.

Any one have anything else to ad because I think that pretty much covers it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

This argument is ridiculous.

Yes a 37 year old man can heal from an injury.

No a 37 year old man is not the same athlete he was at 27.

Any one have anything else to ad because I think that pretty much covers it.

I want to see Michael Jordan UNretire at age 50.   :)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

In response to antibody's comment:

I had major re-constructive shoulder surgery in '07 at the age of 51. Just turned 57. As I type this, I am working pulling scenerey in and out for the Moscow Ballet. Speed and strength moves. If "getting healthy" means being able to do your job, I think Papi will be fine.

your scenery is not coming at you at the speed of 90 mph.. i can still do my job and even bench well at the gym but my pick up hoop games ended at the age of 50.

That means you're healthy.

An impossibility, according to the two village idiots...

Well, again it is a sports thread and the comments are directed at Ortiz and the probabilty of him staying healthy or being heathier then past years. 

Obviously people can stay healthy into their elder years.  But if you think a person can maintain the stamina of their youth into their elder years and keep playing baseball as they did in their youth, then you are either crazy or you just like keeping a thread going by disagreeing.

If you have actually played sports, then you know it is pretty much down hill for the average person after the age of thirty. By the age of thirty-seven, the recoup time for an injury can be 71 games or more, as Ortiz proved last season.

Well, again it is a sports thread and the comments are directed at Ortiz and the probabilty of him staying healthy or being heathier then past years.

No one said a word about Ortiz being healthier than when he was younger.

softy think it's impossible for some of Ortiz's age to be healthy. He's wrong, as usual...

But if you think a person can maintain the stamina of their youth into their elder years and keep playing baseball as they did in their youth, then you are either crazy or you just like keeping a thread going by disagreeing.

No one said that either.But, we all know of your on-going dislike of Ortiz, for whatever reason.

By the age of thirty-seven, the recoup time for an injury can be 71 games or more, as Ortiz proved last season.

A rather silly, broad statement, IMO.

Some injuries take longer to heal, no matter what age you are.

But, I'm sure Ortiz's age has something to do with the amount of time it's taking to get back to playing speed.

Finally, from what I'd read, the tendon itself is healed.

But, doesn't it take time to stretch it out and get it accustomed to more rigious movement, after missed regular off-season workouts and training?

I know you and Bill would really like to see Ortiz miss Opening Day.

My guess is he's ready to play, by then.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

A rather silly, broad statement, IMO

above by four b's

Not silly, just the facts.  The slob on 98.5 tore his achilles playing hoop at Reebok, had restructive surgery and made it back to work in a few months.  9 months later, Ortiz is still complaining about his heel.

As far as Ortiz on opening day, you must have missed my post so I will tell you again.  I wish david all the luck and hopes he hits well.  But I have never been a homer to the degree where I will wish to keep a guy in the line up, because he was on a team that won two rings back a decade ago.

Well, you got me!

If a guy can get back to his job at a radio station in a "few" months, after a torn tendon, no reason a pro athelete shouldn't be rounding the bases in the same amount of time...

I want to keep the guy in the lineup because he was one of the most productive hitters last year, before his injury.

If he gets hurt again, so be it. If he's healthy all year, he'll be worth every penny of his contract.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Of course there is a threshold baseline.  Something like, must be able to run slowly up the baseline/able to swing bat.  But, we are not talking about playing full court basketball.  We are not even talking moving scenery at the Moscow Ballet.  We are talking Designated Hitter.  Sure, tendon might be completely toast and Papi is done.  But, I am pretty hopeful about his ability to play this year because of 2 words.  Designated.  Hitter.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

never posted that ortiz should have made it back in a few months.  But he never had surgery and all intial reports indicated that he was going to be back quickly.  Now we are in the next season and Ortiz is still nagging about an achilles which never went under the knife.

The comparison to Mazz was to simply say that people who have had surgery, complain less then Ortiz, and some get back to running a lot sooner too.

Ortiz tried to come back too soon and couldn't.

Now he's "complaining"?

I should've known it came from Mazz...

He and Felger and the pefect pair.

I don't suppose it occurred to you and  DR Mazz that having surgery is part of the reason said "slob" healed quicker?

In hindsight, maybe Ortiz should've gone under the knife last July.

Too late now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

never posted that ortiz should have made it back in a few months.  But he never had surgery and all intial reports indicated that he was going to be back quickly.  Now we are in the next season and Ortiz is still nagging about an achilles which never went under the knife.

The comparison to Mazz was to simply say that people who have had surgery, complain less then Ortiz, and some get back to running a lot sooner too.

Now he's "complaining"?

I don't suppose it occurred to you and  DR Mazz that having surgery is part of the reason said "slob" healed quicker?

Too late now.

He might end up having to. We'll see.

Either way, I hope they have a good backup plan if papi goes down because what they have probably wont cut it...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Ortiz better be healthy.  I do not want him to pull a "San Antonio Spurs".  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Now he's "complaining"?

Too late now.

According to initial reports he was supposed to be back in a few weeks, so coming back when he did cannot be considered too soon.

Sorry if my posts seem to be complaints to you.  I know you want to hear everything is fine with david and missing 71 games last season was a fluke and we should only concentrate on the first half of last season.

intiial reports by whom?? can you provide a link?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

is this forum so ractionary that a 37 yr old guy who hasnt come back in 6 months from an achilles injury really a taboo subject?

truly dumb...

Space unintentionally gave us the best reason not to worry...he is only a

designated. hitter.   

those guys are easily replaced by creative managers who can mix/match lineups....The Ortiz DH model is as outdated as his achilles...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

is this forum so ractionary that a 37 yr old guy who hasnt come back in 6 months from an achilles injury a taboo subject?

truly dumb...

Space unintentionally gave us the best reason not to worry...he is on a

designated. hitter.   

those guys are easily replaced by creative managers who can mix/match lineups....The Ortiz H model is as outdated as his achilles...

Good point Geo.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts