Oh no! not another prospect thread.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Oh no! not another prospect thread.

Few articles, on the Depth of the Sox system I think are worth reading/discussion.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/ranking-the-minor-league-systems-by-impact-1-15/

In this piece Tony Blengino ranks MLB farm systems by Impact talent relatively close to the majors.  Ranks the Sox 5th cites up the middle position players as a system strength 

http://news.soxprospects.com/2014/03/system-restart-2014-pt-2-corner.html

In this series of Soxprospects insight into the positional depth of the Sox system Soxprospects takes a look at the corner positions.  Which actually seems quite strong on the left side.  WMB at the big league level and Cecchini right behind him.  Nick Longhi and Raphael Devers are two BIG ceiling guys who are very far away and may inevitably move to 1B, which currently is a weakness not only in the Sox system but in the minors overall. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Oh no! not another prospect thread.

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

oh god no!!..hugh, we surrender!! Tongue Out...j/k...good reads

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Moderator Fajita frowns upon opening posts that are just links.  He prefers that you start with a controversial statement. 

[/QUOTE]

Fixed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

Few articles, on the Depth of the Sox system I think are worth reading/discussion.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/ranking-the-minor-league-systems-by-impact-1-15/

http://news.soxprospects.com/2014/03/system-restart-2014-pt-2-corner.html

[/QUOTE] oh god no!!..hugh, we surrender!! Tongue Out...j/k...good reads

[/QUOTE]

And the Yankees rank pretty darn low, In baseball prospectus rankings they said they would have ranked NY last in top talent 25 and under.

The good news for the Yankees system is they are flush with talent at the lower levels, and with some luck they could jump to the middle of the pack this year, and if that is coupled with a clean bill of health they could probably propell even higher than that.

Most Sox fans won't want to admit that but they could take a big step forward this year.  Problem is talent that is too far away to project all to often fails, so they could be just as bad by this time next year, but if more breaks right than left they could have a top 10 system. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

three solid 1B prospects in the future in Devers, Longhi, and Chester.  

My guy to watch is Jon Denney.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

three solid 1B prospects in the future in Devers, Longhi, and Chester.  

My guy to watch is Jon Denney.

[/QUOTE]

I'm really high on Devers, Longhi has more question marks but his ceiling is almost as high.  Chester I don't really consider a solid prospect, especially at first base.  Your bat HAS to be the carrying tool if all you are is a firstbaseman, and he was putting up OK numbers as a 24 year old in Low A ball.

I know Denney had some red flags last year after the draft, but I hope he puts those all to rest and has a break out campaign. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to GuruMeditation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never thought of it that way.  ., what a great insightful post.  I mean I never thought . before in reference to baseball.  But thank you for your insightful comment bringing . into the fold. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts