Oh NO! You Dih- Ent!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Oh NO! You Dih- Ent!

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Drew is heating up.  He had an interupted ST and basicly is now getting to his regular play ...  I don't understand the need of any fan, not just the facile one, in making sharp comments about a player in the course of the year, especially the early going.  How many times has the long baseball season helped to bring the complete and often solid picture of a player and his talent?  Iknow it has also shown the other side, but it still amazes me that so many invest so much negative energy toward anyu particular player and a portion of his season.  Small sample, complete picture ... what ever.

Hey Yaz,

Its good to see Drew heating up. People whining about he should have stayed in AA or AAA longer to rehab, when the fact of the matter is when your on the concussion DL you can only rehab for 5 games in the minors (or something close to that). The team CANT decide when he returns, so he HAD to come back when he did or sooner.

About the time he started hitting was about the same time he had the same amount of AB's compiled one would get in ST. not a coincidence.

And it's good to be back here as well.  Everytime I tried to log on the last ten days or so, I got a warning about the site.   (edited)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Drew is heating up.  He had an interupted ST and basicly is now getting to his regular play ...  I don't understand the need of any fan, not just the facile one, in making sharp comments about a player in the course of the year, especially the early going.  How many times has the long baseball season helped to bring the complete and often solid picture of a player and his talent?  Iknow it has also shown the other side, but it still amazes me that so many invest so much negative energy toward anyu particular player and a portion of his season.  Small sample, complete picture ... what ever.

Hey Yaz,

Its good to see Drew heating up. People whining about he should have stayed in AA or AAA longer to rehab, when the fact of the matter is when your on the concussion DL you can only rehab for 5 games in the minors (or something close to that). The team CANT decide when he returns, so he HAD to come back when he did or sooner.

About the time he started hitting was about the same time he had the same amount of AB's compiled one would get in ST. not a coincidence.

And it's good to be back here as well.  Everytime I tried to log on the last ten days or so, I got a warning about the sigd.

Yeah, first the bombings made things weird here with all the traffic, then they did some work to the site. Seems to be fixed now. Good to see you again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

OH No! You Dih-Ent Part II!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

He SLUGGED that ball deep to RF...OH YES HE DID!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Don't confuse "pop" with "power".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Don't confuse "pop" with "power".

Yeah, they smell different. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He almost has the same SLG% as Will- the last Sox player on the 25 man roster that softy supports. (Let's overlook the 80 point lead he has in OBP.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

4 for 5 night...Drew with walk off hit!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Oh No! You Dih-ent! Part III.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

If they had called him safe -- which he was -- earlier in the game. He'd have only been 3-4 with a game tieing home run. The baseball fates had other plans for him, and other fools, tonight. 

-Daf. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Drew has got his OBP almost as high as Ellsbury now (317 to 325). He's been on fire.

Big nights for...

Pedey showing some "pop" while going 3 for 5.

Victorino showing some "pop" while going 3 for 5.

Salty getting on base 3 out of 5 times.

Mortensen, the guy many wanted cut, really kept it going last night with 2.1 IP and no ERs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

In fact, the "obsess" is those who use the word "gay" to distract from the reality of "same-sexual proclivity", which truly has absolutely nothing remotely close to the actual meaning of "gay".

...making my case for me.

You're the only one here using that term.

hey Moon.. i still crack up at your title spelling every time i stop at this thread :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Drew with a gaudy .981 OPS since 4/22. Id say hes got his timing back since returning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

hey Moon.. i still crack up at your title spelling every time i stop at this thread :-)

I'm not sure softy can understand it, so let's keep it our lil secret.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I like his gaudy OPS in 2011 and 2012, and in 2013, since he got his career timing back.

hahahaha.   2011 and 2012.  you crack me up.  Yeaaaahhh, lets make sure to count those years as if he was healthy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I like his gaudy OPS in 2011 and 2012, and in 2013, since he got his career timing back.

you keep hanging on to those injury years kiddo...Ill sit here smiling saying "I told you so"

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Yes, let's make sure to only count last night and since "a couple of weeks ago". His career OPS+ is impressive, which explains how he obtained his 10 million dollar one year contract offer. Clearly, S. Drew's going to finish the 162 game qualifier better than former slugging Red Sox SS, Mike Aviles. Also reminds me a lot of the great Jed Lowrie, who is a little cheaper when it comes to great slugging SS. This managment teams values the slugging SS highly, and they were cleanly all-in on a slugging SS that got away for every team but the Red Sox. The good news is that he'll be back on the market, again, unless Cherry takes JoeyBradey's advice to make S. Drew a qualifying offer if his OPS, not OPS+, is .800. Drew will accept that offer, Joey.

And the desperation rants continue. LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I was dead set against the Drew signing and have wanted Iggy as our FT SS for longer than maybe everyone on this site, but I must say that Drew has been fielding better than I expected. Unlike the village clown, I'm not afraid to admit a miscalculation. I still think Iggy is a much better fielder and would make a significant amount of plays more than Drew over a full season, but I have never pretended to think Iggy was a better hitter than Drew. I'll always be for fielding over hitting at the defensive important SS position, and I always will be, but it sure is nice to see Drew starting to hit well and well in the field.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Its almost as funny that you use years Drew was injured to define him, than how much you still reference Wakefield, even though he hasn't thrown a pitch in over 2 years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Since 4/22, the date Ive mentioned that Stephen Drew had about the amout of AB's compiled one would have at the end of ST, he has improved his numbers considerably thru 5/6

4/22

BA .121  OBP .237  SLG .152  OPS .388

5/6

BA .225  OBP .317  SLG .394  OPS .711

Through that time period Drew has a line of

BA .317  OBP .396  SLG .585  OPS .981  13 for 41  1 double 2 triples 2 HR 11 RBI 6 BB 11 K

Yeah, Good call on the score between Softy and the forum Burr...