Oh NO! You Dih- Ent!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Oh NO! You Dih- Ent!

In response to antibody's comment:

Oooooh Nooooo! You're not gonna bump this dumba** thread to the top every time the Sox win a game, are ya?

Say you isn't.

No, maybe several times a game.

Everytime one of softy's 23 hated Sox players gets a big hit.

Tongue Out

(BTW, thanks for the bump)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to antibody's comment:

Oooooh Nooooo! You're not gonna bump this dumba** thread to the top every time the Sox win a game, are ya?

Say you isn't.

No, maybe several times a game.

I guess you is.

Everytime one of softy's 23 hated Sox players gets a big hit.

Tongue Out

Hedgin' yer bets there, aincha?

(BTW, thanks for the bump)

(You're welcome)Undecided

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Players softy has called "butchers","back-up profiles", or worse...

Salty:  .790 OPS (Career high)

Napoli: .824 with 55 gms/232 PAs (On pace for career high in PAs)

Ellsbury: .710 w 21 SBs in 23 tries, but heating up.

Ortiz: 1.009 with 9 HRs in 138 ABs (softy wants him benched once a week and said he lost his "pop".)

Nava:  .850 (.390 OBP) and 4th on the team in PAs w 600.

Carp: .901 in 67 PAs.

The ones he got right (so far):

Drew  .678, Gomes .635, Shane .705 and hurt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Because of his slow start due to his concussion, Drews numbers are low, for now. In the month of May he raised his BA and OBP by 100+pts. Like most guys, Drew can be streaky, but I still stand by my prediction of 280BA 340OBP and 750-800OPS...He has a 703 OPS right now and rising. I believe he will be wrong about that one as well. Hes already wrong about his solid, steady and all around smart defense.

Add a 2-4 night with a HR and a BB last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Because of his slow start due to his concussion, Drews numbers are low, for now. In the month of May he raised his BA and OBP by 100+pts. Like most guys, Drew can be streaky, but I still stand by my prediction of 280BA 340OBP and 750-800OPS...He has a 703 OPS right now and rising. I believe he will be wrong about that one as well. Hes already wrong about his solid, steady and all around smart defense.

Since May 1, Drew's slash line is .253/.351/.453/.804.  Defensively, he has saved the team 6 runs to date. 

I really have had no problem with Iggy so far, but why anyone would want to get rid of Drew and lose that valuable depth is beyond me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Since May 1, Drew's slash line is .253/.351/.453/.804.  Defensively, he has saved the team 6 runs to date. 

I really have had no problem with Iggy so far, but why anyone would want to get rid of Drew and lose that valuable depth is beyond me.

You said it Kimmi.  This kind of depth is nice to have.

I thought Stephen looked a lot like J. D. on that home run swing last night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You don't know the "slow start" was concussion related. The Sox were not likely to play him, especially the way Iggy was doing, unless they thought he was 100% recovered.

Why did Drew start slow the year he broke his ankle? He was 100% healthy then and still had a .713 OPS after 354 PAs. 

Look, you may be right about Drew being able to regain pre-injury form, but there is certainly a chance that he may not. 

I'm also tired of all the excuses for this guy. Yes, they may all be injury related, but if so, his proneness to injury is killing me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Saved 6 runs as compared to who?

Cost how many runs due to lack or range?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So many "you Dih-Ents" last night, I don't know where to start.

Nava is looking more and more like a real deal full-timer.

Although Drew's HR was in mop-up mode, it was nice to see the power.

Napoli is our RBI king.

Salty looks good behind the plate, and continues getting hits & BBs at a higher rate.

Papi is playing nearly everyday, says he is finally over the achilles injury for good, and was on base 2 of 5 times.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

FanGraphs currently has Drew's UZR at +4.4, UZR/150 at +17.1.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

FanGraphs currently has Drew's UZR at +4.4, UZR/150 at +17.1.

Yes, compare that to Iggy and explain how he "saved us 6 runs".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Compared to the average SS.  No one is saying he is as good as Iglesias defensively, but he certainly isn't a liablility.  He is currently playing well above average defensively, including in terms of range.  His plus/minus runs is +8 and his RngR is +2.5 .

We both know Iggy is not going to continue to hit > .400.  He may hit .250, but he'll likely carry along with that a .280 OBP.  His walk rate is currently 1.8% and his BB/K ratio is 0.10. 

Drew may also hit .250, but he's likely to have an OBP closer to .320 .

My point is, why be in such a rush to drop Drew and lose valuable depth at the SS position?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Compared to the average SS.  No one is saying he is as good as Iglesias defensively, but he certainly isn't a liablility.  He is currently playing well above average defensively, including in terms of range.  His plus/minus runs is +8 and his RngR is +2.5 .

We both know Iggy is not going to continue to hit > .400.  He may hit .250, but he'll likely carry along with that a .280 OBP.  His walk rate is currently 1.8% and his BB/K ratio is 0.10. 

Drew may also hit .250, but he's likely to have an OBP closer to .320 .

My point is, why be in such a rush to drop Drew and lose valuable depth at the SS position?

Why? Because Iggys defense far outweighs a 40 point better OBP.

Using UZR for a tiny fraction of a season is not what the inventors of that metric suggest.

Drew has looked better on D than I expected, but I'm not sure I'd say better than average or to the point that he has "saved us 6 runs" in just 43 games and 380 innings.

Again, I wouldn't give Drew away for nothing, but if he heats up and his stock rises, some GM with a big need at SS or offense might overpay for him. Then I pounce.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, Papi only hits dingers off "weak pitchers".

He has "no pop".

He is playing poorly, because John did not rest him on that day after a night game.

OH NOOoooooooooooooooooo! You Dih -- ENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There's 104 games left.

If Papi plays in 78 of them.

He'd be on pace for this (triple his current numbers):

117 Games

489 PAs

30 HRs

108 RBIs

If he ends up with about 125 games (plays in 86 of 104):

520 PAs

32 HRs

122 RBIs

Sox4ever

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

For such a weak bat, Drew sure can pound the baseball some nights. Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Weak Opponent,,,, errr, I mean, weak pitcher, .....errr..... I mean.... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Salty helped put us back in the game, but Drew Dih-ent Oh No you dih-ent.

Sox4ever

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

They should have benched Papi tonight.

When was his last walk off?

Sox4ever

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

You don't know the "slow start" was concussion related. The Sox were not likely to play him, especially the way Iggy was doing, unless they thought he was 100% recovered.

Why did Drew start slow the year he broke his ankle? He was 100% healthy then and still had a .713 OPS after 354 PAs. 

Look, you may be right about Drew being able to regain pre-injury form, but there is certainly a chance that he may not. 

I'm also tired of all the excuses for this guy. Yes, they may all be injury related, but if so, his proneness to injury is killing me.

[/QUOTE]

Ummm..Yes I do. Due to the concussion he lost valuable AB's in ST. Because of the rules with the concussion DL, he was only allowed 5 rehab starts. About April 22nd he had the amount of AB's one would usually have at the end of ST. Coincidentally, thats when he started hitting. Go figure.

He had one major injury, the ankle, whick was one of those freak things. Then he got beaned in the head in ST. Most guys will miss a few games during the long season with minor strains and tweaks. Drew has missed a couple days. Bo big deal. I wouldnt call that a "proneness to injury.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

When was his last walk off?

Regular season...

8/26/09

before that?

9/12/07

Sox4ever

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

We really needed to trade this Ellsbury character, and DFA Gomes before this game.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=330606102&teams=texas-rangers-vs-boston-red-sox

-Daf.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It seems like whenever someone puts a player down on this site- he comes to life.

Sox4ever

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The village clown said, "Papi has no pop anymore".

Maybe he meant soda pop.

Sox4ever