Oh NO! You Dih- Ent!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Oh NO! You Dih- Ent!

BTW, we were up 3-0 the night before and lost, so up 4-0 was not like a cake walk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Don't forget to tell all the Japan GMs that Stevie is 5th in the teaam in RBIs, despite being 8th in ABs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

WILL -- DA-- BEAST !!!!!

OHHHH!!!!!  NO!!!!!!!

YouOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!!

DIHH-- ENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Speaking of the Will-da-beast....

Take away that one game, and he's...

27 for 142

4 HRs 

10 2Bs

13 RBIs (same as Ellsbury- less than Drew)

.190 BA

.220 OBP

.317 SLG

.537 OPS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lava catching tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Papi "no pop" Ortiz with a broken bat blooper HR.

OH NO! You Dih- ENT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

First, I'll say, I wanted Iggy as our FT SS and JBJ in CF after his 9 days in AAA to start the season, but here is how the player's softy has bashed all winter or longer are doing...

Papi 1.089 OPS

Carp 1.036 OPS

Nava  .900 OPS (.392 OBP in 143 PAs)

Salty  .800 OPS

Vict    .341 OBP and stellar defense

Drew  .746 OPS, but .906 in his last 88 PAs (4 times the Iggy sample size)

Guys softy wanted:

Iggy  1.026 in 21 PAs (5 infield hits out of 9 times on base)

Midd    .669

JBJ      .392 (That's his OPS not his OBP)

These are basically the only position players he likes on the team.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Papi 1.089 OPS   (Ortiz has played in 24 of the 43 games, so far, and that's a good thing because that's why he has the good numbers. You wanted him released, back when I was one of his only supporters, and you are a chilsihly unable to reconcile my current position that a 2 year contract was a big mistake and Ortiz is currently a part-time player from "affection" for a player)

You keep repeating that same lie over and over. I never ever said release Papi. My position was to drop him from the 3 slot to 5 or 6 vs RHPs and 6 or 7 vs LHPs. You wanted him sent to AAA on a phantom rehab construction. Later, I wanted Papi benched vs most LHPs and you went ballistic. That year, Papi had an OPS under .500 vs those starters I had him sitting versus.

Stop your lies and diversions.

You also called me a racist for suggesting an offer of $11M x 2 plus incentives based on PAs that could bring him up to $15M x 2. Just weeks later you low-balled my offer, and never blinked when I called you on your goalpost moving.

I was gainst the current deal offered to Papi and said he would have taken less, since nobody was going to offer him more than what my suggest offer was. How is that "chisihly"? What does that even mean anyways?

Carp 1.036 OPS (Take a look at Loneys OPS, and Carp's sample size is smaller than your brain) 

It's way bigger than the Igyy sample size we all giddy over. Also, his numbers are not inflated by nearly 50% of his times on base based on infield hits: see Iggy's game logs.

Nava .900 OPS (.392 OBP in 143 PAs) (I said to keep Nava and, correctly, pointed out that Nava is a career bench guy. I wanted J. Upton in LF, which has nothing to do with liking or disliking Nava as a bench guy)

You wanted Nava in AAA and said so during your Upton in LF debate. You called him a butcher in the OF and a career back-up OF at best. Once it was clear that Upton was not coming here and Ellsbury was not going anywhere, you wanted JBJ on the 25 man roster, Gomes as the back-up due to his numbers vs LHPs, and Nava in AAA. More lies and goalpost moving. Not surprising.

Salty .800 OPS  (Salty will always be a butcher behind the plate, which doesn't mean "I don't like him", it means I don't like him as the starting catcher at the most important defensive position on the field)

You discount CERA and SB influence, but call catching the "most important defensive position on the field". You wanted one of the worst defensive catchers in all of MLB (Ramon "the statue" Hernandez as our FT catcher years ago. You are all over the map here. You have also claimed that Salty is a poor offensive catcher, but you have dropped that recently.

Vict .341 OBP and stellar defense (Viic has problems staying on the field, which I correctly pointed out as the reason not to offer him a big contract. That and he is terrible v. LP. I wanted Reed Johnson platooned in RF with Nava, as a placeholder for Bogaerts or Brentz. Reed Johnson's cost was 1 year and 2M. His current splits, as a platoon guy for the Braves, is:

BA .304  OBP .360 SLG .413 OPS .773  but, more imporatantly v LP:

BA .346  OBP .370 SLG .462 OPS .832

Platooning R. Johnson and Nava in RF was the correct move

Reed Johnson Total Cost 2M  BA .346 OBP .370 SLG .462 OPS .832 v LP    

Dan Nava Total Cost .505M  BA .319 OBP  .420 SLG .527 OPS .947 v RP    

Shane Victorino Total Cost 13M BA .283 OBP .341 SLG .367 OPS  .708  

Shave Victorino v LP                BA .227 OBP .277 SLG .318 OPS .595             

If Shane could stay on the field full-time (Right now he'll be lucky to start in 75% or 120 of the games), and his splits weren't so horrible v LP, his solid defense as a RF'er might be worth considering. But he can't stay on the field for 140 to 150 games, and he's a terrible value at that price to be in a corner OF position with those splits.

I'll take Reed Johnson and Nava platooning (Lie)  for 2.505M v. Shane for 110 to 120 games wtih Nava @ 13.505M plus another 26 million for two more years of Shane.

I said that unless the Red Sox trade Ellsbury, last winter, Shane doesn't provide value and fit beyond starting in CF. And he certainly doesn't provide value past one season.  

Pretty clear that I was right.

You forget, I was not for signing Victorino at that cost, and said especially if we kept Ellsbury.

Reed Johnson and JBJ was not "clearly right" about anything.

Drew .746 OPS, but .906 in his last 88 PAs (4 times the Iggy sample size)

Let's look at the reality:

S. Drew 2011 OPS .713

S. Drew 2012 OPS .707

S. Drew 2013 OPS. 746

S. Drew career OPS .761  Cost 9.5 million

Iglesias 2013 OPS 1.026 

Iglesias career (41 games) OPS .541   Cost 2.06M

SS is the 2nd most important defensive position player on the field. Iglesias is a terrific defender, S. Drew is not. S. Drew has never slugged well enough to justify 9.5 million, and it certainly makes zero sense to spend 7.5 million more for S. Drew!

What should have been the red light was that S. Drew can't stay on the field and is a bench/part-timer guy who can't handle the workload of a full-time player.

S. Drew is a terrible value and fit for the Red Sox because it was obvious he can't physically handle a full-time job and he doesn't slug well enough to justify that kind of contract for what he brings to the table on defense.

S. Drew signing was totally incompetent.

Again, I was against the Drew signing on all levels and wanted Iggy as our starting SS before even you did. However, I will not lie and distort Drew's offense to a point where you were saying Iggy was better offensively... based on a tiny infield hit influenced sample size.

Guys softy wanted:

Iggy 1.026 in 21 PAs (5 infield hits out of 9 times on base)

Midd .669 (Playing with rib injuries (7 homers despite the injuries), is truly gifted, but I've noted that you are more impressed by S. Drew;)

You should be winking, because this is a lie.

JBJ .392 (That's his OPS not his OBP) (31 AB and 12 game career sample size means nothing, according to you. I've noted that you like Gomes and Nava in LF, while I wanted an OF of J. Upton, Bradley and R. Johnons-Nava for 2013. Based on what Cherry has done and hasn't done, right now, I like Bradley in LF and CF, Nava and Shane platooning in RF, and Gomes playing LF v most LHP starters and Bradley in CF and Ellsbury starting on the bench and coming in as a pinch runner/pinch hitter for Gomes)

You argued with me about putting JBJ is CF and Ells in LF. Now this... Do you have no shame or no conscience?

These are basically the only position players he likes on the team.

I don't "like" players on the team, I like players who lead and who produce in their roles and provide good value and fit for the team.

Gobbledeegoop. Talking in circles to cover all sides. The only truth here is this:

I don't "like" players on the team

I'm not like you, you loved Wakefield so much that you were making 2M excuse offers "innings eater" "better than other #6 starters" just to waste a roster spot becuase Wakefield couldn't be parked in AAA because he'd refuse a minor league contract. I liked what Crisp brought to the table for the Red Sox on value and leadership, but didn't let that stop me from saying he should be traded because of value issues by the winter before the 2009 season.

Wake was not even close to being a favorite of mine. Just because I continually refuted your lies and distortions about him, did not mean I loved him. Your repeating the $2M lie is tiring, and it adds to your lie total you'll have to explain to St. Peter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Another 5 run game making our 5 run median more solid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Oh no!!!!!!!!! Salty Dih-Ent!

(By the 8th inning, he's got his OBP up to .347!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Nobody "Dih-Ent" last night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No Papi- NO!

Oh NO! You Dih-ENT!

The guy is driving in runs at a much higher rate than any season of his career:

(Small sample size not with standing)

2013: 31/117  .265

2012: 60/383  .157

2011: 96/605  .159

2010: 102/606  .168

2009: 99/627   .158

2008: 89/491  .181

2007: 117/667  .175

2006: 137/686  .200

2005: 148/713  .208

2004: 139/669  .208

2003: 101/509  .198

Yeah, we sure need to start sitting this guy more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Since they didn't sit Papi for that day after a night game, maybe softy wanted him out tonight?

OH NOOOoooooooooooooo!  YOUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Dihhhhhh ---  ENNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Since they didn't sit Papi for that day after a night game, maybe softy wanted him out tonight?

Those HR trots are gonna tire him out. Better sit him the rest of the game. Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Those HR trots are gonna tire him out. Better sit him the rest of the game. Wink

Is it legal to park a walker next to the batters box?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Is it legal to park a walker next to the batters box?

Golfers get to use golf carts...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

bump the bozo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

OH!  

No!

CARP!

Dih- ENT!!!!

softy must be dying about now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Oh No Jake Dih-Ent!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Oh No Jake Dih-Ent!

You can also say Oh No Drew Dih-Ent! with a 3-4 day

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Oh No Jake Dih-Ent!

You can also say Oh No Drew Dih-Ent! with a 3-4 day

It's so easy to pile on softy, since he has bashed about 22 of our 25 players. Someone is bound to have a good night- every night.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Oh No they Dih-Ent!

4 times on base for Drew!

3 hits for Jake!

2 hits for Salty!

Poor softy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Oh NOOOoooooooooooooooooo!

Papi & Jonny Dih-ENT!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Oooooh Nooooo! You're not gonna bump this dumba** thread to the top every time the Sox win a game, are ya?

Say you isn't.

Sections
Shortcuts