Oh No...not another Prospect thread!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Oh No...not another Prospect thread!

keith Law came out with his new top 25 list today. 

Xander Bogaerts came in at #3

Garrin Cecchini came in at #23 

I'm not surprised in Bogaerts being that high, he's been a consensus top 15 throughout all of baseball, and Law has been particularly high on him.

I'am surprised about Cecchini though, I'm happy about it and have been hopefull on him myself but I would have figured with his advanced age he would have had to been promoted to AA and produce there before he shot up that high.

I'm not complaining, I'd be curios to see where the other top prospects would fall on his list if he were to do a top 50/100

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Oh No...not another Prospect thread!

Cecchini should get a promotion soon and Almanzar could go to AAA at the same time.

Vasquez could get a promotion to AAA this year as well. His offense has come a long way from a year or 2 ago. Lower K rate, Higher BB rate. His OBP is great. I believe he has more BB than K's so far this year.

It appears these two guys are the "breakout" players this year...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

keith Law came out with his new top 25 list today. 

Xander Bogaerts came in at #3

Garrin Cecchini came in at #23 

I'm not surprised in Bogaerts being that high, he's been a consensus top 15 throughout all of baseball, and Law has been particularly high on him.

I'am surprised about Cecchini though, I'm happy about it and have been hopefull on him myself but I would have figured with his advanced age he would have had to been promoted to AA and produce there before he shot up that high.

I'm not complaining, I'd be curios to see where the other top prospects would fall on his list if he were to do a top 50/100

I feel Bogaerts is about right, especially if you feel he is a SS.

However, Cecchini is way too high for me. First he is a 22 year old in A ball. Second, I still believe his defense is bad and will have to move to the corner OF. I envision a Alex Gordon type player though. I have Cecchini in the 60's. I really like him, but there is no way I could rank him ahead of Bradley and Webster at this time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Cecchini did lose 1 year of development to injury...but still if he was 21 putting up these numbers in high a I'd still expect a promotion at some point this season. 

Sections
Shortcuts