OH RUBBY, not ready to take your love to town..............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

OH RUBBY, not ready to take your love to town..............

What a joke......  24 years old and praised by John Farrell, not to mention having a good early spring training.......  See todays B-Ball notes and then ask why he's not ready but it's OK to keep the re-treads around ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: OH RUBBY, not ready to take your love to town..............

I'm just assuming that if he pitches lights out all spring - he will be in Boston come april.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

What a joke......  24 years old and praised by John Farrell, not to mention having a good early spring training.......  See todays B-Ball notes and then ask why he's not ready but it's OK to keep the re-treads around ????

1.  He has thrown less that 14IP snce TJ surgery, most of them in the minors.

2.  Depth is important.  Most people realzed this after 2011, when Kyle Wieland and Andrew Miller were starting important games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I understand the caution with the T-J surgery......  Howevaa,  Pedey Martinie says that Rubby is a natural !!!     BTW, I think that John Lackey is coming off T-J too, $o, what i$ the $tandard on thi$  ?????

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

THe situations between John Lackey and de la Rosa are not comparable.

One is a 34 year old veteran whose long term future is non-existant, and the Sox have no more free years left on his deal.  The only real upside for Lackey is regaining his form.

De La Rsa on the other hand, is a 24 year old rookie with much greater upside, and potenbtial to lead the staff.  Why put him at risk and turn him into another pitcher who spends his remaining control off and on the DL?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

spammer

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think its pretty obvious why he should be sent back to the minors after ST...Not sure why some here dont understand.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

John Lackey has eclipsed 200 innings.  De la rosa has barely Pitched 100 innings. They want to stretch him out as a starter for a full season he will be pitching 4-5 innings a game.

That is why he will be starting in Pawtucket.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

John Lackey has eclipsed 200 innings.  De la rosa has barely eclipsed 100 innings. They want to stretch him out as a starter for a full season he will be pitching 4-5 innings a game.

That is why he will be starting in Pawtucket.

He knows this hugh...Its all over every boston website.

I also read they might even start him in AA...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Don't get me wrong I would love to see Rubby up in he bigs.  But the organization wants to give him a chance to start, and this is he best way.  If Rubby is absolutely destroying minor league hitters I suspect he will be an up and down guy this year with an eye on he 2014 rotation

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank N Stein. Show Frank N Stein's posts

Since this team has zero chance of winning anything, why not bring him along slowly and keep him in the minors for a little while?

What's the rush with these young players?....Rome wasn't built in a day...the current state of the Red Sox is not anything like Rome ,more like Gary , indiana....which wasn't built in a day either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

not sure if bill remembers  the stratsburg dilemma last yr

and how most thought they should have waited for his innings 2 start

but I got 2 give him points 4 a plus plus  thread tittle

got the darn song stuck in my head now

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

THe situations between John Lackey and de la Rosa are not comparable.

One is a 34 year old veteran whose long term future is non-existant, and the Sox have no more free years left on his deal.  The only real upside for Lackey is regaining his form.

De La Rsa on the other hand, is a 24 year old rookie with much greater upside, and potenbtial to lead the staff.  Why put him at risk and turn him into another pitcher who spends his remaining control off and on the DL?

this^^^

but don't expect BILL-806 to comprehend that.

It is the equivalent of me signing onto a NASA board and making suggestions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Man some of you have no idea. I'm getting tired of this BS. Rubby should be splitting time as a 5 starter with Doubront. Sending him to the minors is a slap in the face, especially if its AA.  His arm strength will be fine by June.  He had to TJ surgery almost 2 years ago now, or at least 19 or so months. He's pitched in the bigs. Sure lets throw him in the minors when he's obviously a better pitcher right now than Lackey or Dempster. Who says this is a throw away season? Lester has looked good, particularly yesterday, and Bucholz today.  You throw Rubby in there and you have quite a staff. The pitcher you send to the minors is Webster. Start him at Pawtucket and bring HIM up in June/July if needed. If the pitching is there, which I think it will be, the Sox have a very real chance at making the playoffs. RDLR helps, and from the start. His innings can be managed out of the 5 spot in the rotation.  You accomplish nothing by sending him down. Nothing.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

Man some of you have no idea. I'm getting tired of this BS. Rubby should be splitting time as a 5 starter with Doubront. Sending him to the minors is a slap in the face, especially if its AA.  His arm strength will be fine by June.  He had to TJ surgery almost 2 years ago now, or at least 19 or so months. He's pitched in the bigs. Sure lets throw him in the minors when he's obviously a better pitcher right now than Lackey or Dempster. Who says this is a throw away season? Lester has looked good, particularly yesterday, and Bucholz today.  You throw Rubby in there and you have quite a staff. The pitcher you send to the minors is Webster. Start him at Pawtucket and bring HIM up in June/July if needed. If the pitching is there, which I think it will be, the Sox have a very real chance at making the playoffs. RDLR helps, and from the start. His innings can be managed out of the 5 spot in the rotation.  You accomplish nothing by sending him down. Nothing.

He is under a pitch count this year

shake your head

but make sure u pick up the sawdust that comes out of your ears

As the "2012 POSTER OF THE YEAR", it is time to turn triumph over to BDC........  As Triumph brings "actually zero" to this board......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

He is under a pitch count this year

shake your head

but make sure u pick up the sawdust that comes out of your ears

As the "2012 POSTER OF THE YEAR", it is time to turn triumph over to BDC........  As Triumph brings "actually zero" to this board......

perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.

At least triumph cracks a joke and can think rationally when he's not picking on the resident idiots..

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

You're senility is showing again. He is coming off TJ surgery, he has somethign like 14 innings last year and maybe 100 innings in 2011 combined minors and MLB.

How about we just give him a few more innings.

You think he hasn't been on pro throwing program after the trade and the whole offseason? Not saying he's ready nor should be throwing 200 innings. But to even suggest AA proves how non smart they are. Had they said AAA, I may have okay with  it. But AA is not very smart. He'll get his innings in the rotation. Or least should.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Man some of you have no idea. I'm getting tired of this BS. Rubby should be splitting time as a 5 starter with Doubront. Sending him to the minors is a slap in the face, especially if its AA.  His arm strength will be fine by June.

If it is June by the time his arm strength is fine, why would you want him starting now?

And why would you have two young prospects splitting time on their control years?

25. This post has been removed.