OH RUBBY, not ready to take your love to town..............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: OH RUBBY, not ready to take your love to town..............

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

Man some of you have no idea. I'm getting tired of this BS. Rubby should be splitting time as a 5 starter with Doubront. Sending him to the minors is a slap in the face, especially if its AA.  His arm strength will be fine by June.  He had to TJ surgery almost 2 years ago now, or at least 19 or so months. He's pitched in the bigs. Sure lets throw him in the minors when he's obviously a better pitcher right now than Lackey or Dempster. Who says this is a throw away season? Lester has looked good, particularly yesterday, and Bucholz today.  You throw Rubby in there and you have quite a staff. The pitcher you send to the minors is Webster. Start him at Pawtucket and bring HIM up in June/July if needed. If the pitching is there, which I think it will be, the Sox have a very real chance at making the playoffs. RDLR helps, and from the start. His innings can be managed out of the 5 spot in the rotation.  You accomplish nothing by sending him down. Nothing.

He is under a pitch count this year

shake your head

but make sure u pick up the sawdust that comes out of your ears

As the "2012 POSTER OF THE YEAR", it is time to turn triumph over to BDC........  As Triumph brings "actually zero" to this board......

Poster of the Year on here....

is like being called the Best LifeGuard in Antartica.

the fattest person in Ethiopia..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Man some of you have no idea. I'm getting tired of this BS. Rubby should be splitting time as a 5 starter with Doubront. Sending him to the minors is a slap in the face, especially if its AA.  His arm strength will be fine by June.

If it is June by the time his arm strength is fine, why would you want him starting now?

And why would you have two young prospects splitting time on their control years?

I should have clarified. Full strength by June. Pitchers used to pitch double headers for crying out loud. I'm also tired of hearing control years. The Red Sox aren't the Royals.  Who knows what the climate may be like in 6 years. Isn

Everyone outside of XB 23ish? So plus 6 is 29-30. Isn't that the age everyone says guys are greeting older? And are the Sox gonna pay big money to keep them? Doubtful. Remember, they bought out Lester and Bucholzs contracts to extend them. Same for these guys. Waste more time in the minors. What are people so scared about? I'm sure the MLBPA would be pissed if the Sox had a 100 million dollar payroll. That's the main reason.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

It's not fair to Rubby De La Rosa, a talented young pitcher, that he's been overhyped.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Man some of you have no idea. I'm getting tired of this BS. Rubby should be splitting time as a 5 starter with Doubront. Sending him to the minors is a slap in the face, especially if its AA.  His arm strength will be fine by June.  He had to TJ surgery almost 2 years ago now, or at least 19 or so months. He's pitched in the bigs. Sure lets throw him in the minors when he's obviously a better pitcher right now than Lackey or Dempster. Who says this is a throw away season? Lester has looked good, particularly yesterday, and Bucholz today.  You throw Rubby in there and you have quite a staff. The pitcher you send to the minors is Webster. Start him at Pawtucket and bring HIM up in June/July if needed. If the pitching is there, which I think it will be, the Sox have a very real chance at making the playoffs. RDLR helps, and from the start. His innings can be managed out of the 5 spot in the rotation.  You accomplish nothing by sending him down. Nothing.

He has thrown all of 2/3 of an inning in the majors since TJ surgery.  Yeah, let's push that arm to the 200IP limit! Push it til you hear something snap!!

In fact the guy has barely 60IP in the majors in his career and has only topped 59 IP in a sason one time in the minors, and that was in 2010 when he threw 100IP and the nwent down for TJ the next season!  

So while he is immensely talented, he has not pitched all that much and whatever he has been doing has already done a significant job on his ligament to the point where he had TJ surgery.

That "slap in the face" you think he is getting is the ligament from his pitching elbow afterbmerely thinking about the workload you want to put it through.  But, hey, you clearly know better how to handle this than the Sox organization.  all they do is see the guy daily, monitor him physically, know him persoanlly, and employ scouting and medical staffs to discuss him.  They got nothing on you.  You got, well, that attutude thing.

But I do agree with you on one point - this season is no white flag.  And I think Rubby will be part of it at some point...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Man some of you have no idea. I'm getting tired of this BS. Rubby should be splitting time as a 5 starter with Doubront. Sending him to the minors is a slap in the face, especially if its AA.  His arm strength will be fine by June.

If it is June by the time his arm strength is fine, why would you want him starting now?

And why would you have two young prospects splitting time on their control years?

I should have clarified. Full strength by June. Pitchers used to pitch double headers for crying out loud. I'm also tired of hearing control years. The Red Sox aren't the Royals.  Who knows what the climate may be like in 6 years. Isn

Everyone outside of XB 23ish? So plus 6 is 29-30. Isn't that the age everyone says guys are greeting older? And are the Sox gonna pay big money to keep them? Doubtful. Remember, they bought out Lester and Bucholzs contracts to extend them. Same for these guys. Waste more time in the minors. What are people so scared about? I'm sure the MLBPA would be pissed if the Sox had a 100 million dollar payroll. That's the main reason.

Years of control is a reality of baseball, like it or not.  It is not something that was invented on this message board.   So merely dismissing their existence as something you do not like and a favored strategy of the Royals does not change this fact...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Don't be surprised if he sticks  !!!   What a trade that was !!!    Just like the old days !!!   The Dodgers are right out of the Nancy Pelosi village !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Don't be surprised if he sticks  !!!   What a trade that was !!!    Just like the old days !!!   The Dodgers are right out of the Nancy Pelosi village !!!!

spammer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

DO all your comments have to some level be a political innuendo?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

No but it does add humor

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Good Point, young fella........  It's the only way I can get the othersides attention !!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Good Point, young fella........  It's the only way I can get the othersides attention !!!!

I guess if you don't have a clue, you have to go with what you do have...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

a mental disability??

It's like an odd form of Tourett's.

Instead of inappropriate words, he blurts out political cliche's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

a mental disability??

It's like an odd form of Tourett's.

Instead of inappropriate words, he blurts out political cliche's.

As the "BIG O" would say .............  "SEQUESTER"   !!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

ok......fair enough

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Rubby (DON'T TAKE YOUR LOVE TO TOWN) pitches today...... Keep your eye on this guy...... As DAD would say...... "SON, this guy can pitch, the real deal" !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

over 13,000 posts and still nothing productive to add to the forum...But at least your consistant Bill...I gotta give u that :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

over 13,000 posts and still nothing productive to add to the forum...But at least your consistant Bill...I gotta give u that :)

Now LEFTY,   Thats not true......   I'll have you know that "BILL-806 adds to the MORALE of this board" !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Now LEFTY,   Thats not true......   I'll have you know that "BILL-806 adds to the MORALE of this board" !!!

:) Ok Bill...Ill adimit, every once in a while you have a post that makes me laugh. But only if it isnt politically driven...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

So Bill, did you keep your eye on this guy today?

Rubby's line -- (2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Rubby (DON'T TAKE YOUR LOVE TO TOWN) pitches today...... Keep your eye on this guy...... As DAD would say...... "SON, this guy can pitch, the real deal" !!!

He can pitch he just didn't do it very well today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

What a joke......  24 years old and praised by John Farrell, not to mention having a good early spring training.......  See todays B-Ball notes and then ask why he's not ready but it's OK to keep the re-treads around ????

Not sure if you still read the board, but this is the problem with try to predict things based on a couple of games.

25. This post has been removed.