Oh THEO, and this is how you build a team. Our own SIR FELIX.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Oh THEO, and this is how you build a team. Our own SIR FELIX.......

Doubront, coming up through the system, showed good stuff 2 years ago but always had to play behind the FAT-CAT$.... Bobby V. will show us how to blend kids with vet'$ !!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Oh THEO, and this is how you build a team. Our own SIR FELIX.......

How ya going to keep him down on the farm ??????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Oh THEO, and this is how you build a team. Our own SIR FELIX.......:
    [QUOTE]How ya going to keep him down on the farm ??????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

ya can't Bill. me thinks we're looking at our number 5 startah swabby.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Theo would love to have had Doubront in the rotation last year but he blew it for himself, not pitching that well in Pawtucket and missing time on the DL.  I think I read some stories that he was not in good condition so I guess he was one of the fat cats too.  Oh well, hopefully he learned from his mistakes like the others.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Oh THEO, and this is how you build a team. Our own SIR FELIX.......:
    [QUOTE]Theo would love to have had Doubront in the rotation last year but he blew it for himself, not pitching that well in Pawtucket and missing time on the DL.  I think I read some stories that he was not in good condition so I guess he was one of the fat cats too.  Oh well, hopefully he learned from his mistakes like the others.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Should we also tell Bill that Theo picked him up as an international free agent?

Or, is that one of those inconvenient facts that just muddy the waters?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Oh THEO, and this is how you build a team. Our own SIR FELIX.......:
    [QUOTE]  Doubront, coming up through the system, showed good stuff 2 years ago but always had to play behind the FAT-CAT$.... Bobby V. will show us how to blend kids with vet'$ !!!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Question, if a kid who is being groomed for a shot to break into the rotation comes into camp out of shape, ostensibly not taking his shot seriously enough, what does that make him?  Fat Kitten?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Oh THEO, and this is how you build a team. Our own SIR FELIX....... : Question, if a kid who is being groomed for a shot to break into the rotation comes into camp out of shape, ostensibly not taking his shot seriously enough, what does that make him?  Fat Kitten?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]CoolLaughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Bill,

I suggested Doubront for our long guy last year, before you even knew who he was.  He was hurt in ST and never had a shot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

No sample size is too small to impress Bill...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]No sample size is too small to impress Bill...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]
    As you once said to me, no kidding. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Bill, I suggested Doubront for our long guy last year, before you even knew who he was.  He was hurt in ST and never had a shot.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

He had a shot, but came to ST out of shape which resulted in an injury.  Hopefully he's a year older and a year wiser.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Theo would love to have had Doubront in the rotation last year but he blew it for himself, not pitching that well in Pawtucket and missing time on the DL.  I think I read some stories that he was not in good condition so I guess he was one of the fat cats too.  Oh well, hopefully he learned from his mistakes like the others.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Doubront didn't pitch well and landed on the DL last season but I do feel Bobby V. and Ben can take this team back to the top.  I said this before and stick by it, Theo and Tito inherited a very good team that needed very little to win a championship.  I don't think either Tito "if he manages again" or Theo will ever have the success again they did in Boston.

It was great to finally win a couple championships but change was needed, both in management and finally letting the elders go in favor of new blood.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Also, Doubront is out of options...either he finds a spot on the 25 man, or he's gone.

He will be starter #5, it's easy to move Aceves or Bard back to the pen, likely Asseface.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

Sections
Shortcuts