Oh, What a Perfect Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Oh, What a Perfect Day

1.  Orioles lose.

2.  Yankees lose.

3.  Red Sox in exciting come-from-behind victory.

Now tied for first place.

1. AL Eastern Division Standings   AL East W L PCT GB HOME AWAY L10 STRK    Yankees 30 19 .612 - 15-9 15-10 5-5 L1    Red Sox 31 20 .608 - 16-11 15-9 7-3 W3    Orioles 27 23 .540 3.5 11-12 16-11 4-6 L1    Rays 25 24 .510 5.0 15-10 10-14 5-5 W1    Blue Jays 21 29 .420 9.5 13-15 8-14 5-5 W1

Maybe just not mathematically.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Oh, What a Perfect Day

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

1.  Orioles lose.

2.  Yankees lose.

3.  Red Sox in exciting come-from-behind victory.

Now tied for first place.

1. AL Eastern Division Standings   AL East W L PCT GB HOME AWAY L10 STRK    Yankees 30 19 .612 - 15-9 15-10 5-5 L1    Red Sox 31 20 .608 - 16-11 15-9 7-3 W3    Orioles 27 23 .540 3.5 11-12 16-11 4-6 L1    Rays 25 24 .510 5.0 15-10 10-14 5-5 W1    Blue Jays 21 29 .420 9.5 13-15 8-14 5-5 W1

At least mathematically.

not bad for two teams ticketed for a 4th place battle Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Farrell is doing a hell of a job from where I sit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

From where he's sitting too...Laughing

Among other things, he's made some some great pinch hitting decisions.  Although today, letting Iglesias bat for himself under the circumstances, had to be a great confidence builder.

Having the respect of the players certainly doesn't hurt either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Among other things, he's made some some great pinch hitting decisions.  Although today, letting Iglesias bat for himself under the circumstances, had to be a great confidence builder.

I thought the same thing about leaving Iggy in there in that situation. The kid took some tough pitches and fouled off one nasty breaking ball to keep the AB alive.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Farrell is doing a hell of a job from where I sit.

And the same is true of Giraldi ...  somehow, someway, the Yanquis are pushing the limits, and the Sox have turned it around ... good leadership, good teamsmanship (if there is such a word) ... hungry guys and intelligent managers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I thought the same thing about leaving Iggy in there in that situation. The kid took some tough pitches and fouled off one nasty breaking ball to keep the AB alive.

Couldn't  help but think of when BV pulled him and pinch hit for the kid last year, in the middle of an at bat. Still bothers me to this day. You just don't do that, to any player, IMO. If you send him up there, you dance with the one who brung you

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Could help but think of when BV pulled him and pinch hit for the kid last year, in the middle of an at bat. Still bothers me to this day. You just don't do that, to any player, IMO. If you send him up there, you dance with the one who brung you

Good point...thanks for the reminder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Only Ross and Ciriaco were left on the bench. I agree with letting Iglesias bat , but it really wasn't that much of a decision. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Only Ross and Ciriaco were left on the bench. I agree with letting Iglesias bat , but it really wasn't that much of a decision. 

True, get Ciriaco is, so far, a better hitter.  That is, IF he gets a diet of fastballs.

I think though that Ciriaco would have struck out on the tough pitch that Iglesias fouled off.  That foul ball, in itself, made it a great at-bat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I was scheduled to perform at a Memorial Weekend music festival tonight at 6:20. I had to stop watching the game around 4:30 to start getting ready and warming my voice up, etc. I was trying to follow it on my ipad while I was working, and saw what happened with the sound turned down, but am looking forward to watching the 9th again on mlbtv. Just call it the "Memorial Eve Miracle."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Hey Amp., I agree with you on the moves that Farrell has made so far. When we had "Coma", he was called the matchup king. One of his favorite moves was DMAC for Reddick. Yesterday when Carp came up you would think he might counter with a lefty,( Rich Hill is on the Roster along with a just up rookie named Barnes.) Not Coma, ....Double....lead gone. Then he makes the call to the BP at 5-4 Sox. Todays Game, injured pitcher, He can put in a LH to face Ellsbury, but no....not "Coma", ..he goes with Smith a RH'er, one pitch   Game over, Sox win. I love it.  "Coma", the gift that keeps on giving

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to eggplants' comment:

Hey Amp., I agree with you on the moves that Farrell has made so far. When we had "Coma", he was called the matchup king. One of his favorite moves was DMAC for Reddick. Yesterday when Carp came up you would think he might counter with a lefty,( Rich Hill is on the Roster along with a just up rookie named Barnes.) Not Coma, ....Double....lead gone. Then he makes the call to the BP at 5-4 Sox. Todays Game, injured pitcher, He can put in a LH to face Ellsbury, but no....not "Coma", ..he goes with Smith a RH'er, one pitch   Game over, Sox win. I love it.  "Coma", the gift that keeps on giving

I wondered about that too. Was shocked to see a RH come in to face Ellsbury with the sacks loaded and a 2-1 count to begin. One pitch was all it took. Francona's quirks that we used to complain about worked in our favor this time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

It never ceases to amaze me what a win like this does for my disposition.  I went to a concert last night and smiled all the way through in part because of that win (the music was great, too).  Had Jacoby made the last out, I'd have probably been saying to myself "f ---ing Ells" all the way through the show.  So happy he came through.  His swinging at that first pitch from Smith blew me away.  Thought for sure he would be taking.  Talk about atoning for an error.  Wow!  It really was a perfect day for me, Rojas.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to joel49's comment:

It never ceases to amaze me what a win like this does for my disposition.  I went to a concert last night and smiled all the way through in part because of that win (the music was great, too).  Had Jacoby made the last out, I'd have probably been saying to myself "f ---ing Ells" all the way through the show.  So happy he came through.  His swinging at that first pitch from Smith blew me away.  Thought for sure he would be taking.  Talk about atoning for an error.  Wow!  It really was a perfect day for me, Rojas.

And you probably had even an extra kick in your step because Ellsbury hit the first pitch thrown to him.:)  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

In response to joel49's comment:

And you probably had even an extra kick in your step because Ellsbury hit the first pitch thrown to him.:)  

Exactly!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

On 2 of the three walks in the 9th (Pedey & Iggy) the pitches were borderline strikes. The home team is supposed to get the calls and that happened yesterday. If that happened to be a road game you gotta foul those off, or get punched out.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts