Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all!

In Response to Re: Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all!:
    [QUOTE]I think I would move Youk sooner than later. He REALLY is a 1st baseman now and looks pretty creeky at 3rd. And, we don't need a 1st baseman. But then...who plays 3rd? as for Crawford, I think he'll be good/better next year, after he does well in this year's playoffs. Remember...Yaz had 2 of fyears in the middle of a HOF carreer, and folks were after his hide!
    Posted by PetesCall[/QUOTE]

I'd say Yaz had 15 off years, but otherwise agree with you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all! : I'd say Yaz had 15 off years, but otherwise agree with you.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE] 

but at least YAZ could play LF in fenway.
    also, what year did YAZ have an OBP under.300 and a slugging percentage under .400. it has to be a year when he was playing, not after he retired.
    plus you're comment about 15 off years qualifies you to be head idiot on this board. congratulations.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Every time someone defends a player who struggles he is an "apologist" or a "pink hatter."

This would make me an "apologist" for the following players and coaches:

Pedroia , early in his rookie year.

Ortiz , the two Aprils he struggled.

Jon Lester,during one of his rough stretches.

Varitek, last two seasons.

Manny Ramirez, although you could never actually say he "struggled" as a Red Sox.

Mike Timlin.

Julio Lugo. Sorry, but I liked the guy. Always thought he would have been better if the media wasn't so relentless after his bad start ( sort of like Crawford).

Julian Tavarez. The guy had a rubber arm, I loved his sense of humor.

Terry Francona.

Dave Magadan.

Mark Bellhorn, the guy who hit some unexpected homeruns in the 2004 playoffs.

There's probably a few others. That's a whole lot of guys to "apologize" for...but collectively , not many of them embarrassed us or themselves all that much.

Incidently , I was an "apologist" for J.D. Drew in 2007, although he proved me right in the playoffs 2007, he has proved me wrong since and I have long ago stopped being a Drew "apologist"....but at least I did give him a chance and didn't quit on him in the first year.

And now I am an "apologist" for Carl Crawford too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all! : i agree; there is never enough crawford bashing posts. but i would think the 'pink hatters' are the ones defending him; like you. you're not a fan, you're an apologist.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

I support all our players, Pinky.  Unlike YOU who thinks an incomplete season gives you the right to be a constant trash talker, posting over and over and over about what CC will do in the future.  Like you know.  You don't know CRAP. 

"Boo hoo, Carl isn't playing like I want, get rid of him!  I might have a pink hat hissy fit!!"

You guys are not fans.  Not even close.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Many Yankee fans wanted Granderson gone after last season. Give Crawford awhile longer he is too good a player.
    Posted by Sully1965[/QUOTE]
    I don't doubt that Carl Crawford will have a better season (or seasons) than his 2011 season. And Crawford will likely out-produce Vernon Wells over the next three seasons.

It's the long duration of Crawford's contract that should scare the Red Sox. The $62.25 million owed Crawford in 2015-17 could perhaps be better used toward an extension of Jacoby Ellsbury and/or to re-sign Jon Lester, Josh Beckett or John Lackey (whose contracts expire after the 2014 season) or to sign their replacements.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Please tell how any who see Crawford playing so much better next season what the upside is likely to look like.  It will not come close to resembling the younger, better hitting and baserunning Ellsbury.  Crawford's upside is the problem, the problem he will hit down in the order and very likely be filled with multiple strikeouts and hopefully a higher batting average.  This trade was a misstep and like with Drew we will adjust and hope Theo can restrain himself from the Lackey's, the Lugo's, the Drew's and the biggest boo boo of them all Crawford in the future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from *<*TheBabe*>*. Show *<*TheBabe*>*'s posts

[QUOTE]Please tell how any who see Crawford playing so much better next season what the upside is likely to look like.  It will not come close to resembling the younger, better hitting and baserunning Ellsbury.  Crawford's upside is the problem, the problem he will hit down in the order and very likely be filled with multiple strikeouts and hopefully a higher batting average.  This trade was a misstep and like with Drew we will adjust and hope Theo can restrain himself from the Lackey's, the Lugo's, the Drew's and the biggest boo boo of them all Crawford in the future.

Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Ummmm....what trade?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from *<*TheBabe*>*. Show *<*TheBabe*>*'s posts

[QUOTE]Concord is screwed up I guess. His Crawford hatred overcame his logic and argument. Concord is an impatient, bandwagon, fair weather fan. Crawford will get better next year and then Concord  will come here and admit that he was too hasty and impatient. He will admit that he is glad that he was WRONG. He will ask for forgiveness and a free pass. In the meantime he doesn't give a sh-it that he annoyed so many. Those who remember Concord will remember him as a disloyal, fickle fan.

Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

What if crawful doesn't do better next year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Give it up TROLL.  Nobody is going to take your bait anymore. Maybe Harness but other regulars have finally seen the light. Even 791 and Moonslav. If Harness had a TV set then he would also be gone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Echo,
    I wish I could understand one word of your nonsense.  The discussion is of Crawford is entirely appropriate.  I am and have been a Red Sox fan for over forty years.  Being the unappointed house detective here I will tell you I post on the Celtics BB frequently but to have a loyalty oath on this Red Sox BB is like Joe Mccarthy asking for blind loyalty to the US.  This BB has to be full of criticism or it ceases to have any relevance.  You need to read your silly comments and put them in perspective.  Crawford is a huge story and luckily it has not gotten in the way of the Red Sox success at this point.  Their may be a few more love it or leave it Red Sox fans on this BB but I cannot believe cheerleaders like you can dictate what is said on this BB.  Relax and take a deep breath this BB is about critical commentary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Huh?!?

Watchu been smokin'?

I've been lookin' for some of that for weeks now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]And then when they get Matt Kemp , and he goes into a slump, we trade him to the Cardinals for Pujols. When Pujols goes into a slump, we trade him to Minnesota for Joe Mauer. When Mauer goes into a slump we ask L.A. If we can have Youkilis and Crawford back...because hell, maybe one of them wil start hitting one of these days and 'Red Sox Complain Nation' will finally shut up and be happy with a first place team, even if they aren't 130-0 right now.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I like your line of thinking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

Wow some people live in a fantasy world...why would the Dodgers trade a 5 tool guy who is younger than Crawford and who they control for another year, for a declining more expensive guy like Crawford, and a guy like Youk who is prolly sbout to start the downside of his career (although I love his game). When the Dodgers ownership situation is worked out, the new owner and GM will make Kemp their number 1 priority. I don't see Kemp leaving LA as he will get big money to stay. Eithier will most likely be traded (although from a Sox perspective, they don't really need another LH bat) but Kemp isn't going anywhere. You won't be able to trade Aceves and Youk for HanRam next offseason either. It amazes me how some people see these crazy trade proposals as fair.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

I don't see Kemp leaving LA as he will get big money to stay.

If he is patient, he will get much bigger money in NY. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

[QUOTE]And then when they get Matt Kemp , and he goes into a slump, we trade him to the Cardinals for Pujols. When Pujols goes into a slump, we trade him to Minnesota for Joe Mauer. When Mauer goes into a slump we ask L.A. If we can have Youkilis and Crawford back...because hell, maybe one of them wil start hitting one of these days and 'Red Sox Complain Nation' will finally shut up and be happy with a first place team, even if they aren't 130-0 right now.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

This thread realistically ended with Zilla's post.  Well said, +1!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

How about the Sox trading "the Captain" to the Dodgers for Kershaw and maybe by tomorrow so he can pitch in the playofs this year.  I'm sure they'd be willing to jump on that one too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all! : This thread realistically ended with Zilla's post.  Well said, +1!
    Posted by cglassanos[/QUOTE]

no it didn't. -1!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all! : I support all our players, Pinky.  Unlike YOU who thinks an incomplete season gives you the right to be a constant trash talker, posting over and over and over about what CC will do in the future.  Like you know.  You don't know CRAP.  "Boo hoo, Carl isn't playing like I want, get rid of him!  I might have a pink hat hissy fit!!" You guys are not fans.  Not even close.   
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

i agree, i don't know CRAP. you, however, are the crap expert.
    everytime i read your posts, i reach for the toilet paper.
    btw, crawford sux! and theo is a moron!

ps: i doubt the 20 million dollar man is even starting tonight. that makes theo a bigger moron!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]How about the Sox trading "the Captain" to the Dodgers for Kershaw and maybe by tomorrow so he can pitch in the playofs this year.  I'm sure they'd be willing to jump on that one too.
    Posted by crmn19[/QUOTE]

to make that deal fly, the SOX would have to throw in TENNILLE, also.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all! : i agree, i don't know CRAP. you, however, are the crap expert. everytime i read your posts, i reach for the toilet paper. btw, crawford sux! and theo is a moron! ps: i doubt the 20 million dollar man is even starting tonight. that makes theo a bigger moron!

Wake up Yazzer, we are in 1st place.  You can stop the hate and negative threads anytime now.   

Any fool knows you get more out of a player when fans support him.   The key word being "fans".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbtje. Show lbtje's posts

Maybe if Fenway would get real quiet when he bats he'll think he's back in Tampa Bay and hit better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Crawford for Soriano.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Crawford is going nowhere.    This will be taken as an "adjustment year" and see what next year brings.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe if Fenway would get real quiet when he bats he'll think he's back in Tampa Bay and hit better.
    Posted by lbtje[/QUOTE]

great thought; however, my idea is that if SOX fans boo him loudly every time he K's or makes any  of his other soft outs, he may get to hate it so much he'll give up the rest of his contract and leave. just wishful thinking.
    more wishful thinking: theo takes the cubs' job.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all! : to make that deal fly, the SOX would have to throw in TENNILLE, also.

Actually saw her (them) on a "set-up" date in LA in 1973.  However, as it appears that she still may be "getting it done" as they say her inclusion would compel the Dodgers to add Ethier and Billingsley.

Sections
Shortcuts