Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all!

Carl Crawford for Vernon Wells could actually work. As bad as Crawford has been, Wells is even worse, but for three fewer years. Both players are good to great defensively, and Wells is at least righthanded. The Red Sox could maybe expand the deal to land someone like Scott Downs, along with Wells, to help offset some of the long-term cash and projected talent differential. I'd definitely consider Crawford for Wells and Downs, and I think the Angels would too because they don't value OBP as much as other teams and they were very interested in signing Crawford as a free agent. They also can't be happy with the woeful Wells who doesn't even play every day anymore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSox1918. Show BoSox1918's posts

i dont know why everyone is so adamant about getting a new right fielder. matt kemp is great, thats undeniable, but i see josh reddick as being a potential 30 homerun guy in the future and he is just as good an outfielder as kemp, if not better

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all!:
    [QUOTE]Most people think it is impossible to trade Carl Crawford with his big contract.  It is possible if you include Carl as a "must take"  in a blockbuster like trading Kevin Youkilus.  Trade the great YOuk?  Well, Theo traded Nomar, and survived.  With Middlebrooks almost ready for 3b, it is a possibility.  Would be hard to find the good fit trading partners other than the Angels and Dodgers.  But, could be explored.  Plus, the Redsox would love to have Matt Kemp in RF! What think you?
    Posted by REBEL[/QUOTE]

With all do respect no, I think CC is here until close to, or the end of his contract depending on how he performs.  Middlebrooks has a very long way to go defensively from what I have heard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Oh Yes, it is possible to trade Carl Crawford, big contract and all!:
    [QUOTE]i dont know why everyone is so adamant about getting a new right fielder. matt kemp is great, thats undeniable, but i see josh reddick as being a potential 30 homerun guy in the future and he is just as good an outfielder as kemp, if not better
    Posted by BoSox1918[/QUOTE]

IMO Reddick will either be a platoon guy, or 4th outfielder type, wouldn't surprise me if Sox don't try to move him in off-season.

Sections
Shortcuts