OK ALL, LET'S ALL CALM DOWN HERE. WE WILL KNOW MORE IN THE NEXT 24-36 HOURS.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

OK ALL, LET'S ALL CALM DOWN HERE. WE WILL KNOW MORE IN THE NEXT 24-36 HOURS.....

HOLD ON RED SOX NATION..... THIS IS GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME.  OWNERSHIP IS TAKING SEVERAL PAGES OUT OF THE "BIG O's" PLAYBOOK... LET'S SEE WHAT TOMORROW LOOKS LIKE !!!   WHAT SAY YOU ????  ALL YOU T-BALLERS !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Re: OK ALL, LET'S ALL CALM DOWN HERE. WE WILL KNOW MORE IN THE NEXT 24-36 HOURS.....

I agree Bill firing Terry    and or Theo    today is not the answer.

Meet, discuss, plan and go home for the weekend,,, talk again next week..

The culpability  for the collapse  belongs with the  players making the $$$ and the fact they let  down...     I would consider the staff loses   of  Dice and Buch,    but this team held together until Sept.  1    with those issues and  had  every chance to take the division  or the wild card.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: OK ALL, LET'S ALL CALM DOWN HERE. WE WILL KNOW MORE IN THE NEXT 24-36 HOURS.....

In Response to Re: OK ALL, LET'S ALL CALM DOWN HERE. WE WILL KNOW MORE IN THE NEXT 24-36 HOURS.....:
    I agree Bill firing Terry    and or Theo    today is not the answer. Meet, discuss, plan and go home for the weekend,,, talk again next week.. The culpability  for the collapse  belongs with the  players making the $$$ and the fact they let  down...     I would consider the staff loses   of  Dice and Buch,    but this team held together until Sept.  1    with those issues and  had  every chance to take the division  or the wild card.
    Posted by jackyldo
    WHAT NEEDS TO COME OUT & SOOOOON, IS WHAT THE HECK HAS BEEN GOING ON WITH THE PLAYERS AND THIS CLUB HOUSE STUFF !!! AND WHOOOOO IS INVOLVED !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

In Response to Re: OK ALL, LET'S ALL CALM DOWN HERE. WE WILL KNOW MORE IN THE NEXT 24-36 HOURS.....:
    I agree Bill firing Terry    and or Theo    today is not the answer. Meet, discuss, plan and go home for the weekend,,, talk again next week.. The culpability  for the collapse  belongs with the  players making the $$$ and the fact they let  down...     I would consider the staff loses   of  Dice and Buch,    but this team held together until Sept.  1    with those issues and  had  every chance to take the division  or the wild card.
    Posted by jackyldo

I don't think you understood Bill's post. If he's comparing the Front Office approach to Obama he doesn't mean it as a compliment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: OK ALL, LET'S ALL CALM DOWN HERE. WE WILL KNOW MORE IN THE NEXT 24-36 HOURS..... : I don't think you understood Bill's post. If he's comparing the Front Office approach to Obama he doesn't mean it as a compliment.
    Posted by Roadrunner9234
      NOT AT ALL..... IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT THERE IS A "DIVERSION" GOING ON AND ONE NEEDS TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES HERE AT ALL TIMES !!!!  THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF SPIN AS EVERY WORD, SENTENCE IS ALL ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$$$$.... SO YOU NEED TO PLAY TOWARDS THE/YOUR  "BASE" AT ALL TIMES !!Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to OK ALL, LET'S ALL CALM DOWN HERE. WE WILL KNOW MORE IN THE NEXT 24-36 HOURS.....:
      HOLD ON RED SOX NATION..... THIS IS GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME.  OWNERSHIP IS TAKING SEVERAL PAGES OUT OF THE "BIG O's" PLAYBOOK... LET'S SEE WHAT TOMORROW LOOKS LIKE !!!   WHAT SAY YOU ????  ALL YOU T-BALLERS !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

I could be wrong but I personally feel these were some of the issues in and around the clubhouse.

#1 Tito didn't like confrontation so he probably wasn't much of a disciplinarian.
    #2 It was obvious to me and many fans that players like Youk, Beckett, Lester and others didn't look in the best shape.  If Francona did address this "as stated" in early September I'm sure it upset a few players but Tito was absolutely correct to do so.
    #3 Being such a laid back "player friendly guy" I'm sure players got away with things they shouldn't have during drills etc.
    #4 Tito has always had loyalty issues with guys like Wak, Schil etc. and left them in games much too long.
    #5 Tito and Lackey probably had issues from day one.  John just seems like a very arrogant and stubborn guy who isn't afraid to say whats on his mind, but never admit he is wrong.
    #6 Papi wanted Aceves to start as others probably did and I'm sure the offense grew very tired of lackluster performances from Lackey, Wake, Miller and especially seeing so much of a struggling Weiland down the stretch.
    #7 Theo was a large part of the problem the past two seasons and needs a scapegoat despite what he stated.
    #8 Did inserting JD and Lavarnway cause some issues the last couple of games?

Personally I like Tito but a guy who demands discipline may be just what this team needs to light a fire under them.  Lackey needs to go ASAP otherwise I will be a very upset fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to OK ALL, LET'S ALL CALM DOWN HERE. WE WILL KNOW MORE IN THE NEXT 24-36 HOURS..... : I could be wrong but I personally feel these were some of the issues in and around the clubhouse. #1 Tito didn't like confrontation so he probably wasn't much of a disciplinarian. #2 It was obvious to me and many fans that players like Youk, Beckett, Lester and others didn't look in the best shape.  If Francona did address this "as stated" in early September I'm sure it upset a few players but Tito was absolutely correct to do so. #3 Being such a laid back "player friendly guy" I'm sure players got away with things they shouldn't have during drills etc. #4 Tito has always had loyalty issues with guys like Wak, Schil etc. and left them in games much too long. #5 Tito and Lackey probably had issues from day one.  John just seems like a very arrogant and stubborn guy who isn't afraid to say whats on his mind, but never admit he is wrong. #6 Papi wanted Aceves to start as others probably did and I'm sure the offense grew very tired of lackluster performances from Lackey, Wake, Miller and especially seeing so much of a struggling Weiland down the stretch. #7 Theo was a large part of the problem the past two seasons and needs a scapegoat despite what he stated. #8 Did inserting JD and Lavarnway cause some issues the last couple of games? Personally I like Tito but a guy who demands discipline may be just what this team needs to light a fire under them.  Lackey needs to go ASAP otherwise I will be a very upset fan.
    Posted by craze4sox
      GOOD POST....... NO WORD YET ??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WELL THAT WAS A QUICK 24 HOURS...... A TIP OF THE HAT TO TITO..... THERE IS A "MESS" THERE THAT NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH......  AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, WHEN YA CAN, GO OUT ON YOUR OWN TERMS" !!!   8 YEARS,  TITO YOUR THE MAN, YOU DID IT YOUR WAY !!!   GOOD LUCK AND THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR PLACE IN RED SOX  LORE !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Bill shut up and leave with Theo and Tito!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

WELL THAT WAS A QUICK 24 HOURS...... A TIP OF THE HAT TO TITO..... THERE IS A "MESS" THERE THAT NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH......  AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, WHEN YA CAN, GO OUT ON YOUR OWN TERMS" !!!   8 YEARS,  TITO YOUR THE MAN, YOU DID IT YOUR WAY !!!   GOOD LUCK AND THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR PLACE IN RED SOX  LORE !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Bill, we all know Tito will be fine and get another opportunity soon if he decides to keep managing.  A tougher manager will clean up the players who caused many of these issues so stay tuned.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

TITO WAS AN INCOMPETENT FIELD MANAGER ,WHO
    REFUSED TO PLAY SMALL BALL EVEN THOUGH HE HAD
    BASE STEALERS AND SOME GUYS WHO COULD ADVANCE
    RUNNERS. A JOE MADDON HE IS NOT !! A MIKE SCIOSCIA
    HE IS NOT. GOOD RIDDANCE...HE LOST MANY GAMES FOR
    US BY HIS ALLEGIANCE TO TIM WAKEFIELD; IN WAKE'S
    BID TO GET 200, ONE COULD SEE HE DID NOT HAVE IT, AND
    IN CLOSE GAMES, SALTY'S INABILITY TO CATCH THE
    KNUCKLER COST US SOME LOSSES, THAT KILLED US IN THE
    END. WE SHOULD NOT HAVE EVEN KEPT WAKE ON THE
    ROSTER THIS YEAR. THAT MAY HAVE COST US THE WC.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bill shut up and leave with Theo and Tito!
    Posted by promise4you
      "SHUT UP" ......  THAT RANKS RIGHT UP THERE WITH "LET ME BE CLEAR"........ I HAVE A STRONG DISLIKE FOR BOTH !!!   PLEASE REVIEW AND FEEL FREE TO SUBMIT  A  SORRY !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WELL TITO HAS SPOKEN, LET' SEE WHAT MANAGEMENT HAS TO SAY !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

LMAO

Sections
Shortcuts