OK, ALL YOU T-BALL GM's.... SO, YOU THINK THAT THEO SHOULD HAVE KEPT V-MART & THE 3RD BASEMAN WHO I CAN'T REMEMBER....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

OK, ALL YOU T-BALL GM's.... SO, YOU THINK THAT THEO SHOULD HAVE KEPT V-MART & THE 3RD BASEMAN WHO I CAN'T REMEMBER....

OVER AD-GON AND CARL CRAWFORD....  DON'T FORGET THE BULLPEN ADDITIONS TOO..... THEO KNOWS HIS STUFF !!!  WHAT SAY YOU ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: OK, ALL YOU T-BALL GM's.... SO, YOU THINK THAT THEO SHOULD HAVE KEPT V-MART & THE 3RD BASEMAN WHO I CAN'T REMEMBER....

I think it worked out for all parties involved...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Re: OK, ALL YOU T-BALL GM's.... SO, YOU THINK THAT THEO SHOULD HAVE KEPT V-MART & THE 3RD BASEMAN WHO I CAN'T REMEMBER....

In Response to Re: OK, ALL YOU T-BALL GM's.... SO, YOU THINK THAT THEO SHOULD HAVE KEPT V-MART & THE 3RD BASEMAN WHO I CAN'T REMEMBER....:
    [QUOTE]I think it worked out for all parties involved...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]
    Agreed.

The Sox made the signings more for the future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: OK, ALL YOU T-BALL GM's.... SO, YOU THINK THAT THEO SHOULD HAVE KEPT V-MART & THE 3RD BASEMAN WHO I CAN'T REMEMBER....:
    [QUOTE]I think it worked out for all parties involved...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Yes it did, and it's looking like it could even possibly work out very well for San Diego as well.  Of course it's tough to see talent you've given up evolve to stardom (e.g. Hanley Ramirez)  But I'm happy with what we got in return.  If Kelly and Rizzo become stars then good for them and good for San Diego. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

We got Beckett and Lowell.. they got Hanley Ramirez and Anibel Sanchez..... Look at what he has done since the trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I'll give credit where credit is due.  That would be with the guy writing the checks.  Doesn't take much skill to simply outbid the competition for Crawford.  Every GM would love to have Adrian and most have comparable prospects to trade but not every GM has an owner that will pony up the 150 million dollar extention.  

Everytime Theo needs to keep his ego in check, he just looks out to RF at his 22 million dollar .220 hitting platoon.

So thank you Mr. Henry, for continuing to spend so much money, even though your GM has seldom gotten value out of your dollars in Free Agency. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OK, ALL YOU T-BALL GM's.... SO, YOU THINK THAT THEO SHOULD HAVE KEPT V-MART & THE 3RD BASEMAN WHO I CAN'T REMEMBER.... : If the Sox put Gonzalez on waivers with his current contract a dozen teams would claim him.  And I'm sure those dozen teams would have gladly parted with one each of a top 30, 100 & 500 prospects.  On top of that, he gambled and won on the contract extension, avoiding the luxury tax and thereby putting together possibly the best offensive team in baseball.  That's where credit is due.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]GOOD POST.......  OUR 1ST. PLACE RED SOX !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Put V-Marts numbers up against Crawford's this year, at 1/3 the cost. Not much discussion there Bill! At a more premium position no less.

Beltre is 2nd in the league in RBI plus would have improved our infield defense over Adrian, plus saved us some premium minor league prospects and well over $55 mil. We would have lost 2 draft picks.

I'd love to have a better catching option, better infield D, well over $100 mil to spend, Rizzo, Kelly, Fuentes and the potential option to just sign Pujols, Fielder or Adrian in FA after the season.

Obtaining Adrian alone probably gives us that superstar bat which takes this lineup to a new level. He is a joy to watch and a top notch guy to root for. I've been watching him for years here in San Diego. Nonetheless, I think we would have done very well with the other options this year. I'm not just riding this wave of euphoria. Beltre and Martinez and all the benefits they offered were substantial as well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

DH is not a premium position Boom..Thats where VMart is and where he will be spending most of that contract..We all knew Beltre and Vmart would be good..The question is for how long and at 4yr/13mil and 5yr/16mil w/ 6th year voidable option. respectively..Talk to me about their numbers later in the year. I believe CC's and VMarts will be very similar..But in another 3 years.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No kidding Boom - Crawford slumped all the way up until about 6 days ago and now he his hitting well (as is the entire team!)

Certainly VMart offered more for less.

Anyhow I never cared for Beltre and I think AGon is more phenomenal than anyone else in the entire league.  Youk is a very good third-baseman so no further explanation there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Hmmmm. Lack and Dice off the team for a bit and we ROLL with Aceves and Wakefield. 

Now Lack comes back and...................................

That's the question I am waiting for. I like him as a person, he seems like a really solid guy. His issues off the field are disheartening. BUT his pitching hopefully turns around or we have a serious problem. Not in the rotation because we have backups,  but in the clubhouse. IMO

I love this teams chemistry and I would hate to see something like that happen right now. Let's see what Happens! Popcorn ready!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmmm. Lack and Dice off the team for a bit and we ROLL with Aceves and Wakefield.  Now Lack comes back and................................... That's the question I am waiting for. I like him as a person, he seems like a really solid guy. His issues off the field are disheartening. BUT his pitching hopefully turns around or we have a serious problem. Not in the rotation because we have backups,  but in the clubhouse. IMO I love this teams chemistry and I would hate to see something like that happen right now. Let's see what Happens! Popcorn ready!
    Posted by MuellerTime19[/QUOTE]   IN TALKING WITH THEO, ACEVES TO THE PEN !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmmm. Lack and Dice off the team for a bit and we ROLL with Aceves and Wakefield.  Now Lack comes back and................................... That's the question I am waiting for. [/QUOTE]

That's what I've been concerned about, too.  The offense is clicking but the pitching has been upgraded too.