OK Ben, lets close the door on DREW & move on as .......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: OK Ben, lets close the door on DREW & move on as .......

It appears ARod's contract will not be paid this year, so the Yanks would have room to sign Drew, but I think they may spend every available dollar on a starting pitcher(s).

(Side note: if Jeter would have done the right thing by offering to move to 2B or 3B, the Yanks could have improved themselves at 2 positions.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

I say close the door on Bill806 of my now new updated ignore list. 

Goodbye Bill, You bore me with your repeats of old posts !!

Hetch

WOW, another one right out of the playbook of the lib/left "BIG O"  gang ............ Yes, demonize other peoples opinions at all times !!!!

Bill, You automatically jump to conclusions about people and in case you've never noticed I'm not the only one on this post that is tired of your act. At least 4 other posted somewhat the same as myself but in diffrent words. You always bring politics into the mix whic does not belong on this sports site. For your information I'm not a liberal and certainly not leftist. And my political leanings are none of yourv bloddy business. Many of us are just tired of your B.S. and I'm just more voiciferous than others.

Hetch  

Hetch, hand-on-heart, I think you have been very tolerant and polite vis-à-vis the village idiot.  He doesn't deserve such tolerance....and I admit I'm not able to grant it.  Whether his anti-social posting is deliberate ("troll") or accidental ("moron") he's had a huge amount of negative feedback from dozens+ of posters for years but still complains he's victimised.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Hetch

WOW, another one right out of the playbook of the lib/left "BIG O"  gang ............ Yes, demonize other peoples opinions at all times !!!!

Bill, you need to try another response, because it's a very unintelligent response.

It wasn't your opinion that he was demonizing, it was your actions.

If you posted you think it's OK to start multiple threads on a subject and that was it, well, that's an opinion. 

But when you actually start multiple threads on a subject, that's an action. That's what he was "demonizing."

And isn't that what you are doing when  you complain about Obama -- demonizing his actions.

Roy, congratulations on your decent, honourable - if ultimately futile - attempt to get the Billiot to think thoughts other than "the Sun revolves around the Earth" and "I wonder why "Dad" insisted on plumbing our house with lead pipes".....

....but he's as unable as he is unwilling to listen, learn and judge thoughts other than "four rookies good, two veterans bad".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to royf19's comment:

Hetch

Bill, you need to try another response, because it's a very unintelligent response.

It wasn't your opinion that he was demonizing, it was your actions.

If you posted you think it's OK to start multiple threads on a subject and that was it, well, that's an opinion. 

But when you actually start multiple threads on a subject, that's an action. That's what he was "demonizing."

And isn't that what you are doing when  you complain about Obama -- demonizing his actions.

Roy, congratulations on your decent, honourable - if ultimately futile - attempt to get the Billiot to think thoughts other than "the Sun revolves around the Earth" and "I wonder why "Dad" insisted on plumbing our house with lead pipes".....

....but he's as unable as he is unwilling to listen, learn and judge thoughts other than "four rookies good, two veterans bad".

And whats wrong with that ..... In 1967 it was a very youthful team and a handful ov Vets, same in 1975...... This is still baseball & still an OPINION board !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

ts the u in honerable a Brit thaaang

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

True Bill-806 it is an opinion board and people are giving you their opinion about you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And whats wrong with that ..... In 1967 it was a very youthful team and a handful ov Vets, same in 1975...... This is still baseball & still an OPINION board !!

BILL, while the '75  team did have a lot of youth doing great things at key positions, I wouldn't say there were just a handful of vets...

1975: Yes, we had Rice & Lynn, Evans, Moret & Burleson doing wonderful things, but to me those 5 young players were the "handful" while the vets made up more of the team:

Carl Yastremski (35)

Luis Tiant (34)

Bill Lee (28)

Rick Wise (29)

Petrocelli (32)

Carbo (27)

Doyle (31)

Dick Drago (30)

The '67 team was amazingly young:

Top PA players and age

Yaz 27

Scott 23

Smith 22

Andrews 23

Rico 24

Foy 24

Tony C 22

Adair 30 (.688 OPS)

Tartabull 28 (.530 OPS)

Top IP pitchers & age (over 27 IP):

Lonborg 25

Srange 30 (8-10  2.77)

G Bell  30  (12-8  3.16)

Brandon 26

Santiago 26

Wyatt 32 (10-7  2.60)

Bennett 27

Osinski 33

Morehead 24

Lyle 22

Rohr  21

Waslewski 25

Stephenson 23

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Bill, I think the Sox have already closed the door on Drew.  Boras's recent claim/ploy is there are a half dozen teams looking at Drew.  What does this tell you when not one team has actually expressed recent interest outside of Boras's statement?

It tells you few (if any teams) are interested and Drew is going to take a huge pay cut from the 14mil he turned down regardless where he now lands, just like Tek, Manny and others who were told by Boras the market is there.  I would give Drew a lot of credit (like Tek) if he still returned to Boston at this point.  Either way Boras will look like crap so he's dragging this thing on in hopes a team changes their mind.

Stephen Drew nearly has the highest projected WAR* of the remaining free agent hitters:

http://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts.aspx?position=ALL&teamid=0#ALL

I'll reserve judgment until Drew signs.

* ZIPS projections

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

SPRING TRAINING is just around the corner !!!   What say you ????

Time to move on but I doubt any official announcement will be made.  I doubt the sox are worried. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

SPRING TRAINING is just around the corner !!!   What say you ????

Wow.......another thread on the same thing.  And you continue to disrespect the other posters who start threads on similar topics. 

Good to see that you have ZERO support around here though......looks like that third strike is on its way!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

BILL, while the '75  team did have a lot of youth doing great things at key positions, I wouldn't say there were just a handful of vets...

1975: Yes, we had Rice & Lynn, Evans, Moret & Burleson doing wonderful things, but to me those 5 young players were the "handful" while the vets made up more of the team:

Carl Yastremski (35)

Luis Tiant (34)

Bill Lee (28)

Rick Wise (29)

Petrocelli (32)

Carbo (27)

Doyle (31)

Dick Drago (30)

The '67 team was amazingly young:

Top PA players and age

Yaz 27

Scott 23

Smith 22

Andrews 23

Rico 24

Foy 24

Tony C 22

Adair 30 (.688 OPS)

Tartabull 28 (.530 OPS)

Top IP pitchers & age (over 27 IP):

Lonborg 25

Srange 30 (8-10  2.77)

G Bell  30  (12-8  3.16)

Brandon 26

Santiago 26

Wyatt 32 (10-7  2.60)

Bennett 27

Osinski 33

Morehead 24

Lyle 22

Rohr  21

Waslewski 25

Stephenson 23

thanks moon for your work .......... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

i believe this is the 3rd different thread you have started regarding this same exact topic.  is drew your new ortiz???

LMFAO!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

He wakes up and posts same stuff as yesterday, and then goes for his nap.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to billge's comment:

He wakes up and posts same stuff as yesterday, and then goes for his nap.

He wakes up?

Sections
Shortcuts