1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

OK so how do they blow Lackey out of town

Dice K comes off the books so the only bad contract left is Lackey.  Probably they have to pay the bulk of his salary but he needs to go as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: OK so how do they blow Lackey out of town

YES!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to OK so how do they blow Lackey out of town:
    Dice K comes off the books so the only bad contract left is Lackey.  Probably they have to pay the bulk of his salary but he needs to go as well.
    Posted by mthomas43

Vernon Wells straight up...Great guy, solid defender, useful platoon outfielder for two years.  Lackey is a better value, and if clubhouse issue was overblown, then they may keep him, but I wouldn't bet on it. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: OK so how do they blow Lackey out of town:
    I think Lackey should get a chance in the Red Sox rotation next year. He's got a lot to prove and I think he wants to prove it. I don't buy the whole "chicken and beer ruined the Red Sox" bull and by all accounts, Lackey is a good teammate. His public image may be as bad as Beckett's, but I don't care about that media-driven nonsense. Give the man a chance to show what he can do when healthy next season.
    Posted by davetheknave

I think if he pitches okay in spring training he has a job.  Who is a lock for the rotation next year?  Buch and Lester and that's it.

Sections
Shortcuts