OKAJIMA WILL TILT THE EAST TO THE YANKS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

OKAJIMA WILL TILT THE EAST TO THE YANKS?

this move scares me. this is called karma, this dude was a class act, was vastly mistreated and will have something to prove. he will be lights out with the yanks and will return to his 07 form.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Re: OKIJIMA WILL TILT THE EAST TO THE YANKS?

I think you are wrong.  His delivery fooled everyone for awhile, not anymore.  Average major league stuff.  He will still have his moments they all do,  thankfully not for the RS. Don't get me wrong...class guy and I mean no disrespect, just think his ship has sailed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: OKAJIMA WILL TILT THE EAST TO THE YANKS?

Yeah - I see my Yanks winning the division by 20 games now just based on this signing. Clearly the steal of the off-season. I hear their next moves will be Manny aand Trot Nixon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smartacus. Show Smartacus's posts

Even Manny and  Trot couldn't help the over the hill yanks next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I am one who thinks that Okajima got shafted by the Sox, and I never understood why.  I hope it is for more than he expressed some dissatisfaction at being demoted for pitching to a 4.50 ERA over 7 games early in the year, as that shows competitiveness and prescience since he was right.  He would have been much better in the pen than Albers or Atchison and even Bard once August rolled around.

That said.  No karma here.  The Yankees have two starters to find,Burnett still in their rotation (and eating up payroll) a bullpen to strengthen, a 3bman who just had a procedure on his knee and shoulder, and a ton of money tied up on just a handful of players (roughly 100 million on just 5 guys by my estimates).  If this is all they do all off-season, besides sign bargain basement starters to replace Colon and Garcia, they need to worry about placing 4th in the ALE behind the Sox, Tampa and Toronto.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: OKAJIMA WILL TILT THE EAST TO THE YANKS?:
    Even Manny and  Trot couldn't help the over the hill yanks next year.
    Posted by Smartacus

Yankees had quite a few injuries last season but still won 97 games and finished 1st because of some of the young players who stepped up.

More decent prospects this season either to trade or to help in the Bronx.

Keep dreaming pal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smartacus. Show Smartacus's posts

In Response to Re: OKAJIMA WILL TILT THE EAST TO THE YANKS? : Yankees had quite a few injuries last season but still won 97 games and finished 1st because of some of the young players who stepped up. More decent prospects this season either to trade or to help in the Bronx. Keep dreaming pal.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

Babe, is that you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: OKAJIMA WILL TILT THE EAST TO THE YANKS? : Babe, is that you?
    Posted by Smartacus

Don't know who babe is benji.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Communist Contrarian was so contrary that a Yankee fan had to step in and ridicule her. She gets an A for stirring the pot however on a slow forum day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Oki-dokie has nothing left, regardless of how he was treated.  He can't fool anyone.  Yanks can have him.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gracers1225. Show Gracers1225's posts

Yes, he will have a direct impact from AAA.  Class act but once he lost the mystery to his pitching style......he lost his edge!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Might be able to get Gonzalez out. Don't think he has really faced him yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Yeah - I see my Yanks winning the division by 20 games now just based on this signing. Clearly the steal of the off-season. I hear their next moves will be Manny aand Trot Nixon.
    Posted by jesseyeric

That will be after they return from Germany and certain medical procedures are performed on them. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Oki was a good guy and didnt drink beer on the days he wasnt pitching...and all chicken was eaten during post game meals

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

The AL East should be renamed the Yankee annual division title Division. It has already been tilted, and should they miss out this year the titlt is still quite dominant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I am sure that troll Georom agrees with you, Color him troll. What a shame that the rest of the can;\'t be trolls.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Yankees haven't made a lot of moves and they have had the same exact needs as the Sox (for the most part)  however I think they might be looking towards some of the talent in their farm system to fill in the gaps......still think they need a 5/6 starter for depth.  I believe their rotation will be CC/Hughes/Burnett/Nova/Freddie
    Nova could very well prove to be their #2 starter next year.  Very formidable rotation if they are healthy.....Then again we have a pretty good rotation as well if they could all stay healhty...

In the spirit of the thread title...no Okajima if anything helps tilt things further the sox way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This thread is a joke right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

This thread is a joke right?
    Posted by TheExaminer

Typical of of Communist Contrarian but par for the course.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Funny same division and the the richest team in baseball thinks Oki can be useful. Our entire pen is being revamped and we bannished Oki long ago even when the ship was sinking. I wonder how one team thinks a player is useless and another thinks the player can help.

Interested to see how he does.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: OKAJIMA WILL TILT THE EAST TO THE YANKS?":
    Funny same division and the the richest team in baseball thinks Oki can be useful. Our entire pen is being revamped and we bannished Oki long ago even when the ship was sinking. I wonder how one team thinks a player is useless and another thinks the player can help. Interested to see how he does. Posted by BurritoT
    Hopefully he won't pull an Aceves act on us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Anything goes, I always wondered why he was not up here in September. Strange. I have to think the Sox truly thought Oki was washed up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Funny same division and the the richest team in baseball thinks Oki can be useful. Our entire pen is being revamped and we bannished Oki long ago even when the ship was sinking. I wonder how one team thinks a player is useless and another thinks the player can help. Interested to see how he does.
    Posted by BurritoT

Yeah, kind of reminiscent of Beane taking Reddick for Baily.

Why so low?

He might know something that others do not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Funny same division and the the richest team in baseball thinks Oki can be useful. Our entire pen is being revamped and we bannished Oki long ago even when the ship was sinking. I wonder how one team thinks a player is useless and another thinks the player can help. Interested to see how he does.
    Posted by BurritoT

Kind of like the approach Beane took with Baily.

Dumping for the Riddick.

Baily could be effective but was only on the field for half of the games the past two years.

More then likely Beane knows something.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Who needs Okijima when you have Jenks?
    He may cost 6M but those all-you-can-eat buffets add up!

Sections
Shortcuts