OKAJIMA WILL TILT THE EAST TO THE YANKS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Re: OKAJIMA WILL TILT THE EAST TO THE YANKS?

Beane also got some good prospects.  The pitcher he got is 19 and already has a fastball that sits in the mid 90s.  Miles Head may turn out to be the next Lars Anderson, but he is a good enough prospect to make Theo think trading Rizzo had no risk.  In three years Beane may have three major leaguers playing for a playoff contender, while the Sox are losing Bailey to FA and looking for the next Bailey.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In Response to Re: OKAJIMA WILL TILT THE EAST TO THE YANKS?:
    [QUOTE]Funny same division and the the richest team in baseball thinks Oki can be useful. Our entire pen is being revamped and we bannished Oki long ago even when the ship was sinking. I wonder how one team thinks a player is useless and another thinks the player can help. Interested to see how he does.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Yanks once thought Aceves was washed up...and the Sox didn't.  Nobody wanted Garcia and Colon last year, except the Yanks...change of scenery and team can have huge effect on a player's performance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: OKAJIMA WILL TILT THE EAST TO THE YANKS?:
    [QUOTE]Yeah - I see my Yanks winning the division by 20 games now just based on this signing. Clearly the steal of the off-season. I hear their next moves will be Manny aand Trot Nixon.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Too funny.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncsoxfan4life. Show ncsoxfan4life's posts

In Response to OKAJIMA WILL TILT THE EAST TO THE YANKS?:
    [QUOTE]this move scares me. this is called karma, this dude was a class act, was vastly mistreated and will have something to prove. he will be lights out with the yanks and will return to his 07 form.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

what u smoking ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Unless Oki has made a remarkable turn around, doubt he will tilt the AL East in favor of the Yankees. I like Oki, did a nice job in earlier seasons with the Red Sox, doubt pitching coaches would have left him with PawSox if he could still have helped the Sox. If he helps Yankees, it will be great to see him come back, but it might also suggest the Yankees do not seem indefatigable anymore. And with the aging nucleus, not sure how the team will look. Contracts similar to the Contract the Red Sox got into with Lackey, Beckett, Crawford and even Gonzalez could haunt the Yankees. AROD could be the first to miss more time, Jeter may be next and who's to follow in the Bronx?

Sections
Shortcuts