OLBERMAN: WAS that a ROAST or a TOAST to Mariano by the Sox?..the worse sendoff ever.. very crass and self-promoting!" agree?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: OLBERMAN: WAS that a ROAST or a TOAST to Mariano by the Sox?..the worse sendoff ever.. very crass and self-promoting!

He is a complete idiot. Not surprising espn brought that fool back. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: OLBERMAN: WAS that a ROAST or a TOAST to Mariano by the Sox?..the worse sendoff ever.. very crass and self-promoting!

No one is giving Arod a send off

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Living here in CT most friends are Yankee fans. Received 2 txts from them stating how classy RS organization was and what a great farewell team gave to MO. Olberman is an idiot!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

Living here in CT most friends are Yankee fans. Received 2 txts from them stating how classy RS organization was and what a great farewell team gave to MO. Olberman is an idiot!

Totally, gary.  This isn't the Nobel Peace Prize. It's a well intentioned farewell, to baseball great, who's retiring. You'd think they just threw a gold watch at him and said adios. Tongue Out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Olberman is a pompous (insert three letter synonym for donkey); one of those people who's absolutely sure he's right about everything and everyone else is wrong.  He managed to be the lowest rated personality at MSNBC (which takes some doing) but I'm sure he had a loyal following of 10-20 viewers a night when he was there.  He touts himself as a Cornell grad, but doesn't mention it was from the Agricultural College, which while technically a part of the University, is actually a state sponsored contract college, not really the Ivy League version we think about.

Frankly, if Olberman doesn't like something, it's probably pretty good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Olberman is looking for a way to increase ratings for his stupid show.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Olberman has turned into a pompous jerk with his advancing years.  I used to like him years ago when on SC.  I even tried watching his show a few times...  terrible.

I also have Yankee friends,  and got texts during the celebration to MO saying how classy it all was on Boston's behalf.  Olberman does'nt know what he is talking about anymore.  His show will be cancelled real soon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

As someone who was there live, mo was smiling the whole time and every Yankee fan in the house seemed to be pretty pleased with it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

this digging for supposed intent/disrespect is getting to be a bit much now...insulting to both sides and the fans...of course people can't tell you what to see...in no shape or form am i suggesting this is the case, but if the intent was to mock..the only people who know are the Boston Red Sox...to me the Millar/Mueller/Roberts vid should be taken TIC...like Mo said...it did happen, they won...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Olberman has turned into a pompous jerk with his advancing years.  I used to like him years ago when on SC.  I even tried watching his show a few times...  terrible.

I also have Yankee friends,  and got texts during the celebration to MO saying how classy it all was on Boston's behalf.  Olberman does'nt know what he is talking about anymore.  His show will be cancelled real soon.

perfect post IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I have never seen a thread where "ALL OF US" agreed with something.   Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Who cares about Rivera's sendoff or what Olberman said about it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I agree that Olberman is a tool......but I also agree that the 'send off' for Mo was very lame and just was too much.  Meaning the roast got old.  It was probably the biggest down point of the guys career and he's forced to re-live it over and over again.  Then as a gift he gets a painted chair and a used rubber........pitching rubber.  Just seemed lame.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I agree that Olberman is a tool......but I also agree that the 'send off' for Mo was very lame and just was too much.  Meaning the roast got old.  It was probably the biggest down point of the guys career and he's forced to re-live it over and over again.  Then as a gift he gets a painted chair and a used rubber........pitching rubber.  Just seemed lame.

Fact of the matter is that mo has a special place in redsox history, I don't think it was tactless as much as an ode to that fact. If you watched the whole thing you would have noted that although they focused on the blown save, it was really about the next year when mo tipped his cap to the fenway faithful when the redsox got their rings in 2005. Because that's what it all came down to and it was perfect moment that displayed the class that mo is. No disrespect in fact nothing but the opposite.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Players don't hold the same convictions towards each other that fans do.   Some Yankee fans found that very insulting while others found it respectful (the ones who got it), Mo seemed to love it.  He's an icon, and a future HOFer he's part of the history of the sport and 2004 was our history and we will always remember that we beat the BEST CLOSER of all time to make our history great.  Bringing that up isn't saying "see you stink as a closer" rather it validates how great he truly was.

To him, between players who are friends with eachother, it was a roast....he had a smile on his face and he looked happy.  To Keith Olberman, and homer fans who don't know any better it was insulting.....but who cares abou them???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to CTJake14's comment:

Who cares about Rivera's sendoff or what Olberman said about it?

people who brought us to this obviously

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

must admit to not seeing the whole thing for i wasnt there and dont think it was ive but from what i read they really pushed in 2004 and pushed up the HOF stock of pedy and ortiz. i usually like keith but methinks his yankee fandom clouds him here and that he's taking up his frustrations with us right about now. still with the platform of his national show and access to 100k viewers that could put us in a bad national light. how can we compete with that kind of spin. his whole show seemed to have been dedicated to just us and our lack of tact with dittohead guests! 

he also scorned the gifts given incl more reminders of 2004 and a chair from 1934 spray painted with #42, a cheap rubber anyone can get. he even went to ebay to show how cheap and unoriginal our gifts actually were. he later took a shot at the crappy art by a 6 yo (lester's kid)... to him, they were 3 jabro gifts! interesting how noone mentioned the donation to Mo's charity in panama. methinks that was around 6 figures!

btw, for a-fraud's ceremony day, we should bring back tek and arroyo for old times sake and have some syringes on set and perhaps a donkey!

If you want to check it out , it's on YouTube. It was obvious that Rivera , and everyone , enjoyed it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

must admit to not seeing the whole thing for i wasnt there and dont think it was ive but from what i read they really pushed in 2004 and pushed up the HOF stock of pedy and ortiz. i usually like keith but methinks his yankee fandom clouds him here and that he's taking up his frustrations with us right about now. still with the platform of his national show and access to 100k viewers that could put us in a bad national light. how can we compete with that kind of spin. his whole show seemed to have been dedicated to just us and our lack of tact with dittohead guests! 

he also scorned the gifts given incl more reminders of 2004 and a chair from 1934 spray painted with #42, a cheap rubber anyone can get. he even went to ebay to show how cheap and unoriginal our gifts actually were. he later took a shot at the crappy art by a 6 yo (lester's kid)... to him, they were 3 jabro gifts! interesting how noone mentioned the donation to Mo's charity in panama. methinks that was around 6 figures!

btw, for a-fraud's ceremony day, we should bring back tek and arroyo for old times sake and have some syringes on set and perhaps a donkey!

someone did(andrewmitch i think) wondered about the size of the check

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

I don't think the Red Sox are selling their '34 seats or scoreboard number plates anywhere, so the notion that they can be easily obtained is bogus.  The art is a matter of taste.  Not all paintings need to be realist.  One of the best known sports artists, LeRoy Neiman, painted expressionist portraits of sports figures, creating some of the most well-loved sports-themed paintings.  I have yet to see any high quality images of the Mariano painting, so it's hard to judge the quality of the painting and certianly not dismiss it as amatuerish by people who know nothing about art. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Willing to bet that if and when Mo hears of this, he'll put a stop to it.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard from Olberman, and that is saying something. 

Classiest part of those gifts was NOT saying how much the check was.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

OLBERMAN was an A hole, is an A Hole, and will ALWAYS be an A Hole!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Not to mention, irrelevant.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Not to mention, irrelevant.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

Amen!

Sections
Shortcuts