Old 2nd Grade Players with Permanent Structural Damage: Napoli has permanent hip damage

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Old 2nd Grade Players with Permanent Structural Damage: Napoli has permanent hip damage

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Napoli is a DH/bench 1st base and catcher in emergency profile. The hip is the clincher on any notion of value in a contract beyond one year. His value and fit ends beyond a contract offer of one year @ base 15M with an option/1M buyout, and that's a big risk.

Let this guy send his medical records elsewhere and beg for more millions. Any team that gurantees more than one year will regret it. 

Hip Hip Hurray !!! Agree

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Old 2nd Grade Players with Permanent Structural Damage: Napoli has permanent hip damage

Some posters here have permanent brain damage, but still put up big numbers.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

The Napoli hip issue should have already scared the Sox off and gotten them to move on to whatever plan B might be.

I will agree with softy in that I could see signing him for only one year at a time but not for three years.

It is too bad that such an injury has shown up as a healthy powerful right handed hitter for possibly three years could have been a good fit, but since it has surfaced it certainly fills the thought process with lots of negatives.

Too bad for Napoli as well because I cannot imagine any team not looking at the same MRI test and thinking that he is worth three year to them either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

When Napoli was signed I actually liked it.  After seeing the amount of money that others have signed for...at about the same skill evel...I actually liked it more as I think by striking early Ben actually saved money....HOWEVER.....

Now that the hip issue is here....it may be time to bolt....EVEN IF THE HIP ISN'T A MAJOR ISSUE.  Here's why...  The second Naps plays for us and gets injured people are going to wonder if it's the hip...."His back is hurt....must be because of his hip"...  "His leg is sore...must be his hip".  Naps will be under HUGE scrutiny here and he simply is not used to being under the microscope.  Look no further than Crawford to see what the microscope that is Boston can do to you.  I agree with the OP....1 year for big bucks and call it a day....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Napoli is a DH/bench 1st base and catcher in emergency profile. The hip is the clincher on any notion of value in a contract beyond one year. His value and fit ends beyond a contract offer of one year @ base 15M with an option/1M buyout, and that's a big risk.

Let this guy send his medical records elsewhere and beg for more millions. Any team that gurantees more than one year will regret it. 

As Dad would say...........   "SON, as KATE SMITH would say, when the hips go, all you can do then is sing GOD BLESS AMERICA in the 7th inning" !!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

So far, if they don't back way out of Napoli original offer, they are looking at nearly 50 million guranteed to two old veterans with high miles and serious permanent structural damage.

AS THE "BIG O" WOULD SAY.......  "SON, HANG ON TO YOUR HAT, WE ARE GOING OVER THE FISCAL CLIFT TO A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY" !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I'd walk away and wrap up Laroche. I can't help but wonder why the obvious is never obvious to this front office. Snap out of it and stop dragging this out! He's not gonna cave! Give up and grab Laroche before he's gone. Second round pick be damned.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Would VMart be a target that might not cost much in prospects--the Tigers could then use the savings to sign Soriano.

The Sox would have a switchhitting 1 b for only a couple of years. He would not be the 20-30 HR guy but a good clubhouse guy, we know that. In addition an emergency catcher if needed.

I also thought Softy's lead on Nap was a good thought--offer him a 1 year deal @ $15--maybe it's been out there before but I thought very reasonable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Softlaw1 did u catch the latest on Tori Hunter?

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/article_external/torii_hunter_gay_teammate_would_be_difficult_and_uncomfortable/12541357

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Guru-Meditation-. Show -Guru-Meditation-'s posts

Sections
Shortcuts