OLD MAN JETER ON DL FOR JOGGING YOUNG!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

OLD MAN JETER ON DL FOR JOGGING YOUNG!

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6660933

In what could be a trend and an insight into the future, jeter was placed on the dl with a pulled calf. its an injury most likely to happen to the old. as you get older you pull stuff. playing a demanding position makes it even more likely with all that tourque and pressure on the body. a sox fan couldnt be happier. next arod will pull an oblique or perhaps his a-s-s muscle from all those steroid shots from him and his "cousin". mariano is due to come up lame one of these days after a wayward cutter. clearly bartolo colon is due for a breakdown (oh wait a minute)..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: OLD MAN JETER ON DL FOR JOGGING YOUNG!

oy.....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Jeter was put on the DL for one reason... To Get his 3000 hit at the Stadium in front of the home crowd !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: OLD MAN JETER ON DL FOR JOGGING YOUNG!:
    [QUOTE]Jeter was put on the DL for one reason... To Get his 3000 hit at the Stadium in front of the home crowd !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

ironically it looks like the mets will benefit by selling the xtra tickets

lucky for george he's dead

cause this would kill him

he probably would do what you suggested ALaGatorAL

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Jeter was put on the DL for one reason... To Get his 3000 hit at the Stadium in front of the home crowd !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]thats dumb. y would he fake an injury at 6 hits left.. he only gets 3 games at home before a 2 week road trip. u may have a point if hehad only 2 hits left. also the pennant race is far more important to a jeter than 3k hits.. sorry

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Wow...Jeter's getting older...What a revelation!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Sounds like a J.D.Drew moment for Old Derek.

I once pulled a calf....it's mother wasn't too thrilled with me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Wow...Jeter's getting older...What a revelation!!
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]thats y u dont give 38 yo guys 4 year deals that average over 15M per year! look at theo with ortiz, we will hold the line on the 2 despite him being clearly superior to jete at this time. if he wants to walk or go to the bloated yanks for 4 years, we will give him a thank you watch as we bid him adios. how the yanks continue to give in to agaent blakmail when they hold all the cards is amazing. they should have offered jete a 2 year 35m if he walked, so what. odds of him walking, almost zero. y? the only reason he is "great" is because he plays on the yanks and has been put in position of being a perennial winner every year. ridiculous! yanks are full of dumb deals. only the one with mariano makes logical sense. cc sabathia? dumb deal. posada, tex, a-rod? all dumb!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLD MAN JETER ON DL FOR JOGGING YOUNG! : thats y u dont give 38 yo guys 4 year deals that average over 15M per year! look at theo with ortiz, we will hold the line on the 2 despite him being clearly superior to jete at this time. if he wants to walk or go to the bloated yanks for 4 years, we will give him a thank you watch as we bid him adios. how the yanks continue to give in to agaent blakmail when they hold all the cards is amazing. they should have offered jete a 2 year 35m if he walked, so what. odds of him walking, almost zero. y? the only reason he is "great" is because he plays on the yanks and has been put in position of being a perennial winner every year. ridiculous! yanks are full of dumb deals. only the one with mariano makes logical sense. cc sabathia? dumb deal. posada, tex, a-rod? all dumb!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Extreme ignorance; Jeters #s are eclipsed only by one other SS; Honus Wagner, who BTW has less rings than Jeter (1 v 5+), and when there were only half as many MLB Teams. Also, the recent deal was 3 yrs, and was mostly legacy related. But don't let facts get in the way with your inane posturing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLD MAN JETER ON DL FOR JOGGING YOUNG! : Extreme ignorance; Jeters #s are eclipsed only by one other SS; Honus Wagner, who BTW has less rings than Jeter (1 v 5+), and when there were only half as many MLB Teams. Also, the recent deal was 3 yrs, and was mostly legacy related. But don't let facts get in the way with your inane posturing.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]I stand fully by my points. it is a 3 year deal for the 4th is an easily met vesting option. he can be bought out but unless he chooses to retire will be there for 4 years. as of his greatness,look i am a jeter fan and would love him on my team. he's the dustin pedroia of the yanks minus the MVP title. jeter is very good not GREAT! he's a hall of famer in the tradition of scottie pippen or reggie miller. 

when the greatest of all-time get discussed (outside of NY), noone should be mentioning jeter. playing in NY may eleveate him a but come on. on sox, a-gon is more important than pedroia. jete's never really been the man. he's the man behind the man. the growler in chief, the soul, the kendrick perkins if you will (with a real game). still with out a garnett or pierce, you dont get a ring. riviera has been more significant. ditto with posada and even bernie in his prime. playing in NY has clearly ENHANCED  jeter. he would be a fan fave anywhere. we just need some perspective. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLD MAN JETER ON DL FOR JOGGING YOUNG! : I stand fully by my points. it is a 3 year deal for the 4th is an easily met vesting option. he can be bought out but unless he chooses to retire will be there for 4 years. as of his greatness,look i am a jeter fan and would love him on my team. he's the dustin pedroia of the yanks minus the MVP title. jeter is very good not GREAT! he's a hall of famer in the tradition of scottie pippen or reggie miller.  when the greatest of all-time get discussed (outside of NY), noone should be mentioning jeter. playing in NY may eleveate him a but come on. on sox, a-gon is more important than pedroia. jete's never really been the man. he's the man behind the man. the growler in chief, the soul, the kendrick perkins if you will (with a real game). still with out a garnett or pierce, you dont get a ring. riviera has been more significant. ditto with posada and even bernie in his prime. playing in NY has clearly ENHANCED  jeter. he would be a fan fave anywhere. we just need some perspective. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Entering 2010, Jeter had a .317 Career BAvg. The only SSs with 5000 AB that were higher was Wagner & Arky Vaughan. That's at least VERY GOOD, if not 1st ballot HOF worthy (Which is a good guess will happen).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds like a J.D.Drew moment for Old Derek. I once pulled a calf....it's mother wasn't too thrilled with me.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Egads what a bad pun ....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLD MAN JETER ON DL FOR JOGGING YOUNG! : Entering 2010, Jeter had a .317 Career BAvg. The only SSs with 5000 AB that were higher was Wagner & Arky Vaughan. That's at least VERY GOOD, if not 1st ballot HOF worthy (Which is a good guess will happen).
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Yes, Jetes is a sure first ballot HOF ... I don't think there is any question about that.  Not to mention he is well liked throughout all of baseball.  And that does  matter when the voting begins.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLD MAN JETER ON DL FOR JOGGING YOUNG! : Yes, Jetes is a sure first ballot HOF ... I don't think there is any question about that.  Not to mention he is well liked throughout all of baseball.  And that does  matter when the voting begins.  
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

That's been the way of the world since the beginning of time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OLD MAN JETER ON DL FOR JOGGING YOUNG! : Entering 2010, Jeter had a .317 Career BAvg. The only SSs with 5000 AB that were higher was Wagner & Arky Vaughan. That's at least VERY GOOD, if not 1st ballot HOF worthy (Which is a good guess will happen).
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]DUDE, no doubt he's a first-ballot hall of famer. wont be unanaimous for i'm sure some boston guy or ny hater will vote to be contrarian. issue is whether he was worthy of a 4 y deal! sox would have held the line as with schilling AND VARITEK. no negotiation on terms. yanks should have held that line. jete is no where near that player with the hof credential. after this one, you will have to drop him to ninth and even consider a platoon and eventually a utility role. it could get very dirty. you fight for years more than $! yanks should have gone 2/35M rather than 15m over 4years (3 guaranteed)...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

DUDE, no doubt he's a first-ballot hall of famer. wont be unanaimous for i'm sure some boston guy or ny hater will vote to be contrarian. issue is whether he was worthy of a 4 y deal! sox would have held the line as with schilling AND VARITEK. no negotiation on terms. yanks should have held that line. jete is no where near that player with the hof credential. after this one, you will have to drop him to ninth and even consider a platoon and eventually a utility role. it could get very dirty. you fight for years more than $! yanks should have gone 2/35M rather than 15m over 4years (3 guaranteed)...

-----------------------------------------------------------

You're back-pedalling now. First you talk about how he was only VERY GOOD in his prime, now you're talking about his twilight, where he clearly signed a legacy-based contract, as is often done with aging greats. Make up your mind.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

DEREK JETER

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Ok so football , check , you think Brady is Lou.

You think James is better than Jordan

Let me guess the Yanks should call up north and trade DJ for jo-jo? LMF AO How is it that spend sooooooooo much time in a sports forum but know absolutely nothing about sports? You are by far the worst poster on this entire board.