Old Post

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball

Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball

posted at 4/20/2011 2:26 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=da3b458ac8fc037aa2ffff6981fd0921&plckUserId=da3b458ac8fc037aa2ffff6981fd0921">
    First: 6/6/2008
    Last: 4/20/2011
    TROLL ALERT:  SMILEY IS ACTUALLY JETE!!!!

Tongue out
    ok Space, you got me....i'm really Kimsaysthis....but only on Tuesdays...Tongue out 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

rudeness???man Beni, i can't believe you just said that, you saying i can't mess with you anymore?..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

In Response to Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball:
    [QUOTE] rudeness???man Beni, i can't believe you just said that, you saying i can't mess with you anymore?..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Hey Jete, like Kim said, we`re just having fun here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

I guess silly beni forgot the part about the sawx rotation having that incredible 5.31 ERA.

How convenient.

Actually babe, the sox starters have an era of 5.06. There is one team whose starters have a worse era..... yours 5.26

They also have the fewest innings pitched.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/pitching/split/127/league/al

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

posted at 4/20/2011 3:03 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=4acaf461d7fd6bae14eb774ef96148a9&plckUserId=4acaf461d7fd6bae14eb774ef96148a9">
    First: 4/14/2010
    Last: 4/20/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a261f8923-3125-4cb5-ad11-224538ab16b0&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:261f8923-3125-4cb5-ad11-224538ab16b0Post:767464a9-5725-46f2-8bde-bcd88a067c05">Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball:
    Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball posted at 4/20/2011 2:28 PM EDT smiley-beni-2817 Posts: 3972 First: 10/18/2008 Last: 4/20/2011 In Response to Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball : not me Beni, i get plenty of rest. ..i'm sure in your absence, you did also... Posted by jete02fan not me Beni,  get plenty of rest last night . Really, ?  yes, last night also, losses don't change me Beni, you and Miss Smartypants..(love ya Kim).. should know that, i suppose you're going to tell me you rested well after your game result...Beni let's not turn this into a thing, because i'm not the one it took a winning streak to bring back...
    Posted by jete02fan

Jete, don't go getting your panties in a bunch. He's just playing. You have to admit, it was pretty funny.Laughing
    you just wait til i catch up to you..i'll give you whatfor...Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In Response to As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball:
    [QUOTE]The bridge to Mariano Rivera is still longer than the Amazon River. Yanks SP are averaging 5.1 innings per start. They have the a 5.40 ERA, the worst in baseball... their AVG. AGE is 31.8... and they have a salary of $43.6 million dollars. In their 15 games this season, the Yankees have received just one  outing of at least seven innings from a starting pitcher. "Sabathia" The Yankees' only have one reliable starter going into the early season,  and It could get worse. In fact, the experts are expecting a better year  from Charlie  Sheen than from both: Bartolo Colon  and Freddy Garcia. On the hand, Red Sox SP rotation are pitching like the 1970 Baltimore   Orioles rotation: Jim Palmer, Mike Cuellar, Dave McNally, etc.  Josh Beckett, Jon Lester, Dice and Lackey are on a roll. The Facts  are  there. Right, Pike? Finally, in my opinion...the Red Sox have the best SP rotation in baseball.  Trust me.
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817[/QUOTE]

I noticed you posted starting pitching stats for the Yankees but not for the Red Sox (our starters' ERA is 5.06, if anyone's wondering). 

While I sincerely hope that our starters continue to pitch the way they have the last four games, it will take much more than that before we can say we have the "best rotation in baseball."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

In Response to Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball:
    In Response to As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball : I noticed you posted starting pitching stats for the Yankees but not for the Red Sox (our starters' ERA is 5.06, if anyone's wondering).  While I sincerely hope that our starters continue to pitch the way they have the last four games, it will take much more than that before we can say we have the "best rotation in baseball."
    Posted by Flapjack07

Really ? you sound like Barry Bonds: I thought it was 'flax seed oil and 
    arthritis cream

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

Mr. Beni, your last post makes no sense, I like your enthusiasm and loyalty to the sox but sometimes I don't follow what  your point is.  Could you please elaborate so we can understand what you are saying. Thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Kimsaythis says I am "doubting the Sox."

But if you actually read my post, all I am doing is stating the truth.

The Sox are in last place. I don't say they will stay there, or they belong there.

I am very much like "give 'em hell" Harry Truman. I don't really give anybody hell. I just state the truth and it sounds like hell.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Another great outing from another Sox Ace "Clay Buchholz"

Definitely, Sox have the Best SP Rotation in Baseball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]Another great outing from another Sox Ace "Clay Buchholz" Definitely, Sox have the Best SP Rotation in Baseball.

Easily the best, its not even a question.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Again nice outing from Clay Buchholz.

Now It's up to  Bartolo Colon... new york, new york.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball : Really ? you sound like Barry Bonds: I thought it was 'flax seed oil and  arthritis cream
    You're right, I was lying about that part. No real Sox fan would ever dare question the Great and Powerful Smiley. I guess my cover's blown now!

Embarassed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

Mo's putaway stuff lacking

One of the most intriguing things about the ninth inning rally by the Blue Jays on Tuesday was Mariano Rivera's inability to finish off two hitters -- Adam Lind and Jose Molina. 

Rivera had both of them in favorable two-strike counts (0-2 or 1-2) and in those situations, he's historically money to either get the out, or at worst, throw a ball and extend the at-bat a little bit more. The last three seasons, opponents on-base percentages against him in all two-strike counts were .137, .199 and .177. 

But Lind got his hit on a 1-2 pitch, and after John McDonald's bunt, Molina got his hit on an 0-2 pitch (Rivera allowed only one hit all of last season on 0-2). Rivera did get an out with an 0-2 pitch (Corey Patterson's double play ball) after the damage was already done. 

In 2010, Rivera allowed a total of six hits in favorable two-strike counts (as we noted, 0-2, or 1-2). This season, he's already yielded five. 

A search of Baseball-Reference.com showed that Tuesday marked the first time that Rivera allowed a pair of two-strike hits in highly-favorable counts (0-2, 1-2) IN THE SAME INNING of a regular season game since September 4, 2004 against the Orioles.(Rafael PalmeiroLarry Bigbie).

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yo...y-stuff-lacking
    bad sign for the meatsticks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Smiley Beni Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
    Smiley Beni Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

Smiley Beni Roll Call time........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Lester is Lester.

I'd like to see Buchholz get back on track.  I'm honestly not worried about him.  I just think he's rusty.

I do believe Beckett is back to being a borderline ace.

It's still way too early to judge Lackey and Dice-K.  I'd be happy if one of them turns out to be a surprise this year.

The Yankees do have a serious pitching problem and they may need to find a deal to make.  Burnett is what he is and after that it's pretty ugly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]Lester is Lester. I'd like to see Buchholz get back on track.  I'm honestly not worried about him.  I just think he's rusty. I do believe Beckett is back to being a borderline ace. It's still way too early to judge Lackey and Dice-K.  I'd be happy if one of them turns out to be a surprise this year. The Yankees do have a serious pitching problem and they may need to find a deal to make.  Burnett is what he is and after that it's pretty ugly.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I like how the fatman looks so far.  This was known though, the Yanks knew that it would be difficult after Burnett.  If the fatman continues to pitch well and Hughes can get on track things will be ok--as for a deal during the season, that was always the plan.   The Yanks figured to hang on and chase the Sox during the 1st half make a move for the WC while the Sox win the division.  Who knows the Yanks may end up winning the division, I still think both teams will be in the postseason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball : I like how the fatman looks so far.  This was known though, the Yanks knew that it would be difficult after Burnett.  If the fatman continues to pitch well and Hughes can get on track things will be ok--as for a deal during the season, that was always the plan.   The Yanks figured to hang on and chase the Sox during the 1st half make a move for the WC while the Sox win the division.  Who knows the Yanks may end up winning the division, I still think both teams will be in the postseason.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I'm not trying to burst your bubble but look at the fatman over the last several years.  He quits when he wants.  He plays when he wants.  Don't be shocked if he just stops showing up midseason.  He did it with the Red Sox a few years back and with the White Sox a few years back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball : Yeah but I'm not trying to burst your bubble but look at the fatman over the last several years.  He quits when he wants.  He plays when he wants.  Don't be shocked if he just stops showing up midseason.  He did it with the Red Sox a few years back and with the White Sox a few years back.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

He hasn't done it with the Yanks.  If he does then I have a problem with him.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Best rotation in baeball? Right now, No. Do they have the potential? All of them have won over 15 games before, so yeah they could be. Just not right now..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball :   How about that Bartolo Colon tonight, Smiley? ESPN was raving about his four seamer and how good he has looked all year.  But what do they know?
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what's with Colon, and someone tell me again why the Sox didn't extend him after the 2008 season?  He pitched well in seven starts for us, going 4-2 with a 3.92 ERA.  Was it an injury issue?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Great game pitched by Colon.  Martin Russell is looking good too.

You gotta give Brian Cashman credit.  He has made some pretty good moves this offseason.

But I still believe that the Red Sox will prevail.   :)