Old Post

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball

I am pretty sure that the Sox Nation would love to 
    see both Fartolo Colon and Freddy Garcia in Yanks`
    starting rotation the whole year. We would love it,
    love it, love it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball

In Response to Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball:
    In Response to Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball : Yeah, what's with Colon, and someone tell me again why the Sox didn't extend him after the 2008 season?  He pitched well in seven starts for us, going 4-2 with a 3.92 ERA.  Was it an injury issue?
    Posted by joel49

I vaguely recall he was uncooperative - but I forgot the exact scenario.
    He's had weight issues as well. Talented, but his motivation is erratic.
    NY will see the whole package sooner or later.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Suddenly, Bartolo Colon is another version of Roy Halladay in the AL.

Suddenly, Bartolo Colon is a very strong candidate to win the AL CY YOUNG Award.

Enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

suddenly the sox are in last place and the yankees are in first place

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You know what would be cool? Imagine yourself a Yankee fan for a day and let's see what kind of new material you come up with. I would up the ante and be a Sox fan in rebuttal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In Response to Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball:
    In Response to Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball : Yeah, what's with Colon, and someone tell me again why the Sox didn't extend him after the 2008 season?  He pitched well in seven starts for us, going 4-2 with a 3.92 ERA.  Was it an injury issue?
    Posted by joel49

If I recall correctly, he was pitching pretty well for us before he hurt himself in an interleague game (hitting or running the bases or something like that). He returned in September but then left the team without permission. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

In Response to Re: As Expected Yanks SP Rotation is a Mess- Sox have Best SP Rotation in Baseball : If I recall correctly, he was pitching pretty well for us before he hurt himself in an interleague game (hitting or running the bases or something like that). He returned in September but then left the team without permission. 
    Posted by Flapjack07

all true flap

but I believe he left the team because he felt

he was promised a starting job instead of a BP job

just before his sept 1 opt out option expired

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasloco. Show losmediasloco's posts

Colon went AWOL on the Red Sox at the end of his stay with them. They founf him in the Dominican Republic and he opted to forgo his paycheck for the remainder of the year. He was unhappy with how often he was used.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Mo's putaway stuff lacking  One of the most intriguing things about the ninth inning rally by the Blue Jays on Tuesday was  Mariano Rivera's  inability to finish off two hitters --  Adam Lind  and  Jose Molina.   Rivera had both of them in favorable two-strike counts (0-2 or 1-2) and in those situations, he's historically money to either get the out, or at worst, throw a ball and extend the at-bat a little bit more. The last three seasons, opponents on-base percentages against him in  all  two-strike counts were .137, .199 and .177.  But Lind got his hit on a 1-2 pitch, and after  John McDonald's  bunt, Molina got his hit on an 0-2 pitch (Rivera allowed only one hit all of last season on 0-2). Rivera did get an out with an 0-2 pitch (Corey Patterson's double play ball) after the damage was already done.  In 2010, Rivera allowed a total of six hits in favorable two-strike counts (as we noted, 0-2, or 1-2). This season, he's already yielded five.  A search of Baseball-Reference.com showed that Tuesday marked the first time that Rivera allowed a pair of two-strike hits in highly-favorable counts (0-2, 1-2) IN THE SAME INNING of a regular season game since September 4, 2004 against the Orioles.( Rafael Palmeiro ,  Larry Bigbie ). http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yo...y-stuff-lacking bad sign for the meatsticks.
    Posted by chain-reaction

You're right Smiley hes done...put a fork in Mo. Although he has better #'s thus far than Papelbon so I don't know what that says for Papelbon, he should retire immediately!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

Mr. Beni,

When I first came to this site I thought you were an enthusiastic, totally loyal sox fan, but I now have my doubts.  You seem to have an agenda and that agenda isn't cheering for the sox.  You seem to go out of your way to intentionally annoy yankee fans.  You claim you  are "Respectful to others" yet you call Colon "Fartolo".  That isn't very respectful or even adult like.  Another thing that is odd is that when a poster here asks you a question or attempts to engage you in actual baseball discussion you seem to just ignore everyone. 

I really praised you when I first came here but now I will have to reevaluate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Colon went AWOL on the Red Sox at the end of his stay with them. They founf him in the Dominican Republic and he opted to forgo his paycheck for the remainder of the year. He was unhappy with how often he was used.
    Posted by losmediasloco

I agree with you... He was unhappy with how often he was used.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

Mr. Beni, is there a reason you ignore so many posters that want to talk baseball with you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

Re: Old Thread

Mr. Beni, why do you ignore people the way you do.  That is not being "respectful to others".  Are  you ashamed and embarrassed of what you have posted?  Are you unable to back up what you post?  Are you a child?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

does anyone know why Mr. Beni refuses to discuss baseball with anyone but himself? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

still nothing from Mr. Beni

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Beni, why "old thread" already?, it's only been a day...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

I think this is how Mr. Beni admits his thread is full of holes and mistakes.  Actually if that were the case they all should be Old Thread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

smiley, would you be disappointed if you had a 20 million dollar a year player with 7 years left on his contract hitting below .150.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

In Response to Re: Old Thread:
    Beni, why "old thread" already?, it's only been a day...
    Posted by jete02fan

Hey Jeter, you asked for it, you got it.

It`s not a secret anymore.... Sox got the best starting

pitching rotation in baseball. Josh Beckett has been pitching 

spectacular. Should we trade him for A.J.Burnett, Freddy Garcia,

or Bartolo Colon ?

Nope!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: Old Thread:
    In Response to Re: Old Thread : Hey Jeter, you asked for it, you got it. It`s not a secret anymore.... Sox got the best starting pitching rotation in baseball. Josh Beckett has been pitching  spectacular. Should we trade him for A.J.Burnett, Freddy Garcia, or Bartolo Colon ? Nope!  
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817

Can you prove that with definitive (not Beni-slanted) stats? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

I see you changed back the name of the thread, does this mean that you are not accepting the fact that your threads are nonsense and you have no defense for them?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Mikey - why do you bother?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

The facts are there.

Beckett`s last 3 outing: INN 23.0. ER 3. ERA 1.17

Lester`s last 3 outing: INN 20.0. ER 4. ERA 1.80

Dice`s last outing: INN 7 ER 0. ERA 0.0000.00

Clay`s last outing: INN 10 ER 4. ERA 3.48

Lackey`s last outing: INN 6.0 ER 1. ERA 1.5

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

The facts are there. Beckett`s last 3 outing: INN 23.0. ER 3. ERA 1.17 Lester`s last 3 outing: INN 20.0. ER 4. ERA 1.80 Dice`s last outing: INN 7 ER 0. ERA 0.0000.00 Clay`s last outing: INN 10 ER 4. ERA 3.48 Lackey`s last outing: INN 6.0 ER 1. ERA 1.5
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817

No definitive stats would be in comparison to all of baseball from the start of the season to now.....ask MikeyinQueens or Chain-Reaction they may have those stats.

Sections
Shortcuts