Old Post

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Old Post

The 2011 MLB All star game is almost three months away.
    The Red Sox have their backs up against the wall as
    they face the last place Seattle Mariners this week-end.
    Suddenly the 2011 Sox season is on the brink because of
    their slow start.

As we enter the final days of April, the underdogs Yanks are
    apparently running away with the East Division. Bartolo Colon
    turns back the clock, stopping Chicago... The White Sox are
    currently last in the Majors in hitter WAR, 21st in wOBA and
    24th in wRC+. And according to a Yanks blog,  Bartolo Colon
    is probably still not a good bet to last the whole season. 

The Red Sox are trailing the underdogs Yanks by 4 games
    with 138 games remaining on their schedule. The Yanks
    fans are ultra confident with their 4 games lead over the
    Red Sox, although the 2004 ALCS catastrophe is still 
    fresh in my memory.

I don`t blame the Yanks fans for being ultra optimistic in 
    April, but being realistic is another story. According to the
    experts, Yanks had to deal with Phil Hughes and his arm
    issues, and has in general been searching for back-end 
    rotation help for quite some time. And if we add 
    Jorge (132) Posada to the discussion, then we`re talking
    in Creole.

The Red Sox are currently encountering some minor 
    turbulence, but it`s like a minor hangover in the early
    morning. Outside of New York, no one is betting money 
    against Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez. Of Course not! 
    No one wants to lose money throwing stones at the moon. 
    Right? Crawford and Gonzalez are for real.

Finally, I want to congratulate the Yanks and their fans 
    for leading the AL East in the final week of April.... but 
    don`t run to the bank yet... Hold the Champagne....
    "The 2004 ALCS is still fresh in my memory"

Just enjoy it while it lasts.

Thanks for reading 

-SB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Re: Baseball Fantasy: Sox Backs` Against The Wall, Yanks Running Away with E Division

In Response to Baseball Fantasy: Sox Backs` Against The Wall, Yanks Running Away with E Division:
    [QUOTE]The 2011 MLB All star game is almost three months away. The Red Sox have their backs up against the wall as they face the last place Seattle Mariners this week-end. Suddenly the 2011 Sox season is on the brink because of their slow start. As we enter the final days of April, the underdogs Yanks are apparently running away with the East Division. Bartolo Colon turns back the clock, stopping Chicago... The White Sox are currently last in the Majors in hitter WAR, 21st in wOBA and 24th in wRC+. And according to a Yanks blog,  Bartolo Colon is probably still not a good bet to last the whole season.  The Red Sox are trailing the underdogs Yanks by 4 games with 138 games remaining on their schedule. The Yanks fans are ultra confident with their 4 games lead over the Red Sox,  although the 2004 ALCS catastrophe is still fresh in my  memory. I don`t blame the Yanks fans for being ultra optimistic in April, but being realistic is another story. According to the experts, Yanks had to deal with Phil Hughes and his arm issues, and has in general been searching for back-end rotation help for quite some time. And if we add Jorge (132) Posada to the discussion, then we`re talking in Creole. The Red Sox are currently encountering some minor turbulence, but it`s like minor hangover in the early morning. Outside of  New York, no one is betting money against Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez. Of Course not! No one wants to lose money throwing  stones at the moon. Right? Crawford and Gonzalez are for real. Finally, I want to congratulate the Yanks and their fans for leading the AL East in the final week of April.... but don`t run to the bank yet... Hold the Champagne.... "The 2004 ALCS is still fresh in my memory" Just enjoy it while it lasts. Thanks for reading  -SB
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817[/QUOTE]
    I think Hal and Hank just cancelled the rest of the season and conceded the division based on your post.  You hold such power and influence it is astounding.  Though they said they will be playing tonights game, I'll be in Section 228 hopefully MikeyinQueens shows up too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Natick-Ned. Show Natick-Ned's posts

Re: Baseball Fantasy: Sox Backs` Against The Wall, Yanks Running Away with E Division

In Response to Re: Baseball Fantasy: Sox Backs` Against The Wall, Yanks Running Away with E Division:
    [QUOTE]Very clever. Jim Valvano: Don't give up , d on't ever give up .
    Posted by realdealsox[/QUOTE]

I wish that you had let this thread remain on page three. You just made Mikey's day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: Baseball Fantasy: Sox Backs` Against The Wall, Yanks Running Away with E Division:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baseball Fantasy: Sox Backs` Against The Wall, Yanks Running Away with E Division : I wish that you had let this thread remain on page three. You just made Mikey's day.
    Posted by Natick-Ned[/QUOTE]

Pike at least Beni is original you just ride on his coattails.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Yes, congrats to the April champions -- the Yankees!  I'm glad the Red Sox didn't pick the month of April to be champions. We'll wait until the end of the season. Smile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, congrats to the April champions -- the Yankees!  I'm glad the Red Sox didn't pick the month of April to be champions. We'll wait until the end of the season.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Yeah!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

But shouldn't this also apply to the negative April Yankee stats SB so often digs up? (ie. Hence the conclusion, The truth hurts.) Therein lies the hypocrisy; talking out of both corners of his mouth for any posturing whatsoever. (As a last resort, he would grope via conspiracies, if necessary.) Kim, he sucked you into that as well, since you're his rubber stamp.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Yankees are playing like crap too but have a better record because of Boston's slow start.

I don't know of any gloating going on with Yankee fans the problem is Boston was so over-hyped in the pre-season all the Sox team weaknesses that were glossed over then are now transparent to all. No team is perfect.

Still on track for 110 wins Captain Frivolous?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Capt. Frivolous again

playing the hand he was dealt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Filling in for Zac today TWM? You're getting pretty good with the photoshop.

I think it's more players not playing up to their potential rather than glaring weaknesses, other than catcher. Now that's a problem. They did take a gamble there, and it is not paying off, at least so far.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Mike,

It's so early, let's see how the Yankees pitching holds up, Tampa doesn't look like they're going away anytime soon.

So far it looks like Russell Martin was a steal.

Imo health will determine who will win the ALE again this season like it has the past few because all of the teams are so talented.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Mike, It's so early, let's see how the Yankees pitching holds up, Tampa doesn't look like they're going away anytime soon. So far it looks like Russell Martin was a steal. Imo health will determine who will win the ALE again this season like it has the past few because all of the teams are so talented.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Got to agree with you about Martin, TWM. Sometimes those reclamation projects pay off, like Beltre with the sox last year.

A long ways to go yet, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. The baseball gods are very fickle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I believe, Thatwasme, and obvious alias, needs his head examined. I'm not all that surprised that MikeNagy finds him engaging.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baseball Fantasy: Sox Backs` Against The Wall, Yanks Running Away with E Division : Got to agree with you about Martin, TWM. Sometimes those reclamation projects pay off, like Belte with the sox last year. A long ways to go yet, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. The baseball gods are very fickle.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

I agree. Martin has looked very good...so far. There is still a lot of season left.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]I believe, Thatwasme, and obvious alias, needs his head examined. I'm not all that surprised that MikeNagy finds him engaging.

It seems that some other posters and their many alias characters who are obsessed with the Yankees need to have their heads examined.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]I believe, Thatwasme, and obvious alias, needs his head examined. I'm not all that surprised that MikeNagy finds him engaging.

I've known him for years kim. He's a good baseball fan. The people who've been on this board a lot longer than you know who he is. He's just poking fun at your buddy. If Smiley pokes the yankee fans with a stick, they are going to poke him back. Maybe if he tried to engage them in serious dialog..... nah.

It may surprise you to know that there have been posters who've been here for years before you arrived.

Read his dialog, he's not gloating or trolling, he's just taking a shot back at your little pal.

I think that you need to lighten up little bit, we're fans of different teams, this is not a life and death struggle against the forces of evil.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I've known him for years kim. He's a good baseball fan. The people who've been on this board a lot longer than you know who he is. He's just poking fun at your buddy. If Smiley pokes the yankee fans with a stick, they are going to poke him back. Maybe if he tried to engage them in serious dialog..... nah.

It may surprise you to know that there have been posters who've been here for years before you arrived.

Read his dialog, he's not gloating or trolling, he's just taking a shot back at your little pal.

I think that you need to lighten up little bit, we're fans of different teams, this is not a life and death struggle against the forces of evil. --- MikeNagy
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Really?  171 posts over three years, and that pic is one of them? I don't think I'm missing anything by not knowing him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]I've known him for years kim. He's a good baseball fan. The people who've been on this board a lot longer than you know who he is. He's just poking fun at your buddy. If Smiley pokes the yankee fans with a stick, they are going to poke him back. Maybe if he tried to engage them in serious dialog..... nah. It may surprise you to know that there have been posters who've been here for years before you arrived. Read his dialog, he's not gloating or trolling, he's just taking a shot back at your little pal. I think that you need to lighten up little bit, we're fans of different teams, this is not a life and death struggle against the forces of evil. --- MikeNagy ------------------------------------------------------- Really?  171 posts over three years, and that pic is one of them? I don't think I'm missing anything by not knowing him.

A little history for you kim. Near the end of May, 2008, BDC revamped this board. It was horrible for a couple of months. That is why you see a lot of posters with first post dates around the end of May, 2008. Some posters retained their original first post dates but most were restarted as if it were their first post.

There was a long running thread called "Dem Yanks". It was a little community of friends, half sox fans and half yankee fans. They got disgusted with the new board and moved their thread to another forum.

A couple of months later BDC improved this forum so it was usable again.

TWM was one of that group.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I've been on here since 2004 I just don't post too often anymore just come over to read what others have to say to see what some of the other old timers have to say, I know who they are.

In the old days you were banned for making harmless comments and you needed multiple names to continue to post but this has always been mine here.

Yeah I'm a Yankee homer but I give credit where it's due too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baseball Fantasy: Sox Backs` Against The Wall, Yanks Running Away with E Division : I agree. Martin has looked very good...so far. There is still a lot of season left.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

He may not hit like this all season, but he is a defensive animal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baseball Fantasy: Sox Backs` Against The Wall, Yanks Running Away with E Division : He may not hit like this all season, but he is a defensive animal.

Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Hey Steve, it`s official, Jorge(130)Posada is the worst hitter in baseball.

With two hits in his last 32 at-bats, Posada entered Friday batting .130, lowest among the 193 qualifying players, according to Stats LLC. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baseball Fantasy: Sox Backs` Against The Wall, Yanks Running Away with E Division : Hey Steve, it`s official, Jorge(130)Posada is the worst hitter in baseball. With two hits in his last 32 at-bats, Posada entered Friday batting .130, lowest among the 193 qualifying players, according to Stats LLC.   
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817[/QUOTE]

And why the Yankees signed Russell Martin.

Jorge will more then likely get benched if he keeps it up, the Yankees will bring up Montero to DH, new catcher, new era.

How are the Sox catching corp doing?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Heard Frivolous Beni hit the town last night, how'd you do?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Heard Frivolous Beni hit the town last night, how'd you do?

Posted by ThatWasMe

Days of aging impact players are long gone.

how'd you do?

Sections
Shortcuts