Old Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

Re: Yanks Are Paying More than Triple Market Value For their Players- Sox Getting Better Value

In Response to Re: Yanks Are Paying More than Triple Market Value For their Players- Sox Getting Better Value:
    [QUOTE]Help I want to confess. I have an obsession. Everywhere I look I see your face... I see your smile. I hardly seem to miss...And I tried to resist I just cannot exist without the Yankees. Derek, I see heaven in your smile. Really ? -------------------------------------------------- There, now it reads like an authentic Smiley post!
    Posted by Allseeing-Eye[/QUOTE]

Actually, Derek (262) Jeter isn`t smiling lately... and I don`t
    blame (262) him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Yanks Are Paying More than Triple Market Value For their Players- Sox Getting Better Value

In Response to Re: Yanks Are Paying More than Triple Market Value For their Players- Sox Getting Better Value:
    [QUOTE]That guy with the bird on his head, I've seen him perform with the Phish. Mike what's his name. Could that be the Mikey on the other thread?
    Posted by kbev97[/QUOTE]

You may be right; then again, maybe not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Rafael Sorriano, Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada anyone ? The Yanks are currently paying more than triple market value for their players. Jorge Posada isn`t hitting like a real DH right now... Jorge Posada is hitting like a DA (Designated for assignment). Derek Jeter is currently suffering from ARS (Age-Related Slump). Mark Teixeira is finally establishing himself as a .250 hitter. A.J.Burnett is probaly a good five innings pitcher. Mariano Rivera isn`t pitching like the old Mariano... and to make worse, Mariano has more miles in his gas mileage than an old Ford Pickup truck. A-Rod the highest paid player in baseball is off to a good start, but his age and hip issue may turns this smoking gun into a water pistol. And the Yanks Nation is already felling very sorry for the costly acquisiton of Rafael Sorriano. The Yanks are paying million and million of dollars for these atletes, and they are getting small returns for their huge investment. The Yanks are a good team, but the price is too high... their price is even higher than the Empire State Building On the hand, The Red Sox are also paying top dollars to their players, but they may get better returns for their money than the Yanks. Carl Crawford and J.D Drew are the only players on Sox roster that are not earning their money right now. But the good news is that Crawford is still very young and J.D Drew is playing his last year in Boston. Also the Red Sox have the best defenseve & SP rotation in baseball. The Red Sox are young and exciting. In term of long term investment, Theo Epstein will get better returns from his investment. The facts are there. Trust me. -- Beni -------------------------------------------------- So true, Beni!  And you know, some people can't handle the truth!
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Yankees WPct - .636
    RS WPct -- .458

You were saying?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Nice intelligent respone from Mikey Boy- Blah, Blah, Blah. The fact that his Yanks won 12-3 is secondary to him. He is full of so much hate that he comes to this forum and do his thing. My guess is that he is also Babe. Yet Jessey and Pinstripezac are enablers of this complete idiot. Perhaps not enablers but alias's. Might be only one person. -- sunslav ------------------------------------------- You couldn't pay me enough to go to a Yankee board and spend my time reading what Yankee fans have to say -- about the Yankees or the Red Sox. I couldn't care less. How no one ever mentions the obvious Yankee aliases on this board is hilarious.  It never comes up.

You keep saying this but you never reveal who they are. Why is that? There is a monkey around here alright. Can you guess who?

Hey Sun - who do you want Zac, Jete and myself to call out? Babe - Done it! Mikey? I tell him to leave it alone, he doesn't want to. What exactly would you like us to do?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]Hello kim! how is the Queen of the Red Sox Nation doing ? Apparently, Mikeythebu_ is my stalker.  -- Beni -------------------------------------------------- I'm good, Beni, and thank you!  How are you?  Mikey has no lifey. lol  His whole existence is all about YOU. He just doesn't seem to realize that.
    Yet you're writing to yourself

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -THE-BABE--. Show -THE-BABE--'s posts

[QUOTE]Hello kim! how is the Queen of the Red Sox Nation doing ? Apparently, Mikeythebu_ is my stalker.  -- Beni -------------------------------------------------- I'm good, Beni, and thank you!  How are you?  Mikey has no lifey. lol  His whole existence is all about YOU. He just doesn't seem to realize that.

And your whole existence is about Yankee fans. The next time you actually talk about baseball will be your first. Those who live in glass houses......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks Are Paying More than Triple Market Value For their Players- Sox Getting Better Value : And your whole existence is about Yankee fans. The next time you actually talk about baseball will be your first. Those who live in glass houses......
    Posted by -THE-BABE--[/QUOTE]

Amen.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

A silly OP.  Who cares what the Yankees spend on players?  Give them credit for trying to get good players.  Right now they are leading the AL East. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yanks Are Paying More than Triple Market Value For their Players- Sox Getting Better Value : Actually, Derek (262) Jeter isn`t smiling lately... and I don`t blame (262) him.
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817[/QUOTE]

Wow Carl (.160) Crawford must be on the verge of a major breakdown and I understand why (.160) What is the market value for .160? Ouch

Trust me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from justbaseball. Show justbaseball's posts

logic and adult reasoning don't work with Mr. Beni.......here are the rules

redsox players are good even when performing bad, they will definately improve.

yankees players are bad, they will never improve.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Yanks Are Paying More than Triple Market Value For their Players- Sox Getting Better Value:
    [QUOTE]Rafael Sorriano, Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada anyone ?  The Yanks are currently paying more than triple market value for their players.  Jorge Posada isn`t hitting like a real DH right now... Jorge Posada is hitting like a DA (Designated for assignment). Derek Jeter is currently suffering from ARS (Age-Related Slump). Mark Teixeira is finally establishing himself as a .250 hitter.  A.J.Burnett is probaly a good five innings pitcher. Mariano Rivera  isn`t pitching like the old Mariano... and to make worse, Mariano  has more miles in his gas mileage than an old Ford Pickup truck.  A-Rod the highest paid player in baseball is off to a good start, but his age and hip issue may turns this smoking gun into a water pistol. And the Yanks Nation is already felling very sorry for the  costly acquisiton of Rafael Sorriano. The Yanks are paying million and million of dollars for these atletes, and they are getting small returns for their huge investment.  The Yanks are a good team, but the price is too high... their price is even higher than the Empire State Building  On the hand, The Red Sox are also paying top dollars to their players, but they may get better returns for their money than the Yanks. Carl Crawford and J.D Drew are the only players on Sox roster that are not earning their money right now. But the good news is that Crawford is still very young and J.D Drew is playing his last year in Boston. Also the Red Sox have the best defenseve & SP rotation in baseball. The Red Sox are young and exciting. In term of long term investment, Theo Epstein will get better returns from his investment. The facts are there. Trust me. Thanks for reading... -SB

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Yanks Are Paying More than Triple Market Value For their Players- Sox Getting Better Value:
    [QUOTE]Rafael Sorriano, Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada anyone ?  The Yanks are currently paying more than triple market value for their players.  Jorge Posada isn`t hitting like a real DH right now... Jorge Posada is hitting like a DA (Designated for assignment). Derek Jeter is currently suffering from ARS (Age-Related Slump). Mark Teixeira is finally establishing himself as a .250 hitter.  A.J.Burnett is probaly a good five innings pitcher. Mariano Rivera  isn`t pitching like the old Mariano... and to make worse, Mariano  has more miles in his gas mileage than an old Ford Pickup truck.  A-Rod the highest paid player in baseball is off to a good start, but his age and hip issue may turns this smoking gun into a water pistol. And the Yanks Nation is already felling very sorry for the  costly acquisiton of Rafael Sorriano. The Yanks are paying million and million of dollars for these atletes, and they are getting small returns for their huge investment.  The Yanks are a good team, but the price is too high... their price is even higher than the Empire State Building  On the hand, The Red Sox are also paying top dollars to their players, but they may get better returns for their money than the Yanks. Carl Crawford and J.D Drew are the only players on Sox roster that are not earning their money right now. But the good news is that Crawford is still very young and J.D Drew is playing his last year in Boston. Also the Red Sox have the best defenseve & SP rotation in baseball. The Red Sox are young and exciting. In term of long term investment, Theo Epstein will get better returns from his investment. The facts are there. Trust me. Thanks for reading... -SB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

Fans, media on verge of mutiny against New York Yankees captain Derek Jeter

While www.nydailynews.com/topics/YES+Network" title="YES Network">YES analysts www.nydailynews.com/topics/Paul+O'Neill+(Baseball)" title="Paul O'Neill (Baseball)">Paul O'Neill and www.nydailynews.com/topics/John+Flaherty" title="John Flaherty">John Flaherty acknowledged and discussed Jeter's hitting problems, they only walked to the edge of the cliff. They didn't attempt to look ahead and talk about what Girardi's options are if Jeter stays in a funk. They didn't speculate on what the overall affect would be on the team.

Especially if Jeter, the "icon," stays stubborn and protests any demotion.

But O'Neill was most effective when he tried to explain what Jeter is going through. "It does become frustrating for a player when every day you hear about your age and that you're slowing down," O'Neill said Saturday with
    Jeter up and the bases loaded. "You start getting it in the back of your mind and you're trying to prove people wrong instead of just going out and playing."

There may come a time, and it may be soon, where the media's role in this becomes a major issue. That's exactly where O'Neill was going when he said it becomes "frustrating" when you are constantly reminded you are on the downside.

Will this get to Jeter? Or will he remain, like always, calm and in control. Jeter may be subjected to the most intense media scrutiny, and negativity, that he's ever faced. And if YES decides to air his postgame media sessions, even more fans will be focused on him to see how he reacts. On Saturday and Sunday, Jeter didn't appear on the postgame show.

Curry interviewed Jeter, off camera, before Sunday's game. He said Jeter told him he doesn't believe he's struggling. "He's a guy who has as much confidence as anyone who goes out there for the Yankees," Curry said in the third inning Sunday.

Unfortunately, all that confidence won't help Jeter answer questions from his ever-growing number of critics.

www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2011/05/03/2011-05-03_fans_media_on_verge_of_mutiny_against_the_captain.html">http://www.nydailynews.com/spo...he_captain.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

And yet, the Yankees are 17-9, in 1st place. One of the reasons is Jeter's defense, which, despite postage stamp range, is reliable, as is everyone else at practically every position. Who would have thought it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In the even of a Yanks loss and a Sox win (against the Angels which has become automatic) Smiley/Chain etc will be here to warn us that the Yankee sky is falling and that the "monster" as he calls the Red Sox are ready to romp.  Its a day to day thing with him, if they lose he's underground.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

The basic reason is the Yankee propensity to hit home runs with men on base. Jeter's defense is mediocre and not expected especially for someone earning that much money. Jeter's dismal performance would be center stage if the Yanks didn't have the 17-9 record. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]The basic reason is the Yankee propensity to hit home runs with men on base. Jeter's defense is mediocre and not expected especially for someone earning that much money. Jeter's dismal performance would be center stage if the Yanks didn't have the 17-9 record. 
    Posted by ConcernTroll[/QUOTE]

ok

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

posted at 5/3/2011 8:48 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=41a7054f2c80f3100a78ec587763e3ba&plckUserId=41a7054f2c80f3100a78ec587763e3ba">
    First: 9/23/2005
    Last: 5/3/2011
    And yet, the Yankees are 17-9, in 1st place. One of the reasons is Jeter's defense, which, despite postage stamp range, is reliable, as is everyone else at practically every position. Who would have thought it.
    steve, you feeling safe with that lead?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

[QUOTE]In the even of a Yanks loss and a Sox win (against the Angels which has become automatic) Smiley/Chain etc will be here to warn us that the Yankee sky is falling and that the "monster" as he calls the Red Sox are ready to romp.  Its a day to day thing with him, if they lose he's underground.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]I
    I'm looking forward to tomorrows thread..