Old Timer's Walk Up Songs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tropical-Nation. Show Tropical-Nation's posts

Old Timer's Walk Up Songs?

I'm a bit Old School, and don't see the need for a signature song, but the current PeteAb thread about what song Bailey will choose got me thinking.....
    what if there had been walk up songs Back in the  Day? What would Yaz or Marris or Whitey Ford or Tiant or Lomborgh  have chosen?

Ted Williams famously said  'I only know three songs..the National Anthem, the Marine Hymn and Take Me out to the Ballgame'..so my nomination for Ted, if he would have allowed such a profane, mundane use, will be the song about Montezuma and Tripoli....

What's yours?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Re: Old Timer's Walk Up Songs?

m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Anything but the silly holding hands and singing Sweet Caroline.    Something that will uplift the crowd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

HOW ABOUT  ANCHORS AWAY  ?????   OR THE WALK ON WATER SONG THAT THEY SING WHEN THE "BIG O" ENTERS THE ARENA !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

For Tiant, I'm thinking "Ba Ba Loo", made famous by Ricky Ricardo on I love Lucy.

Or Carmen Miranda singing "Lets do the Copacabana" even though she's Brazilian and the Copacabana is in Brazil.  And they have to show Carmen Miranda singing the song on the big screen with headdress made with fruit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Wow, I got my first ever post removed on this thread.  Yay.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Old Timer's Walk Up Songs?:
    Wow, I got my first ever post removed on this thread.  Yay.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus
    SPACEMAN..... NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL !!Cool........  I WILL SAY, THAT AFTER A WHILE, YA GET USED TO IT !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts