OMG, do we need to find a new closa? KOJI really channeled his recent MARIANO last night!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

OMG, do we need to find a new closa? KOJI really channeled his recent MARIANO last night!

actually, i'm only half kidding! tells u how high his bar has been. first time since 2011 he's lost a game (in 119 appearances)... just 8 more hitters away from setting the all-time record for consecutiwe outs.. sad thing is shane should hawe had that first out had his hammy beeb right!~

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmn. Show paulmn's posts

Re: OMG, do we need to find a new closa? KOJI really channeled his recent MARIANO last night!

He has brought shame upon his people.  Only repetence is to start a new streak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: OMG, do we need to find a new closa? KOJI really channeled his recent MARIANO last night!

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

actually, i'm only half kidding! tells u how high his bar has been. first time since 2011 he's lost a game (in 119 appearances)... just 8 more hitters away from setting the all-time record for consecutiwe outs.. sad thing is shane should hawe had that first out had his hammy beeb right!~

but victorino isnt going to risk himself making that tough catch.  If that was a game in the month of may, Victorino would try to make a diving back handed catch.

Smart move by Victorino to save his health for the post season!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

His second-half ERA is probably all the way up to 0.50 or something by now...what a disaster!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Small sample size be dammed: Koji = Daisuke

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

"Half kidding?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No way is a new closer needed, but I do have one thought about last night.  Normally he mixes the fastballs with the splitters, and that's all he needs to be successful.  However, with the leadoff batter in the 9th, he threw three straight fastballs.  The first two were strikes, and the third one, out of the strike zone, was still hittable and ended up being a triple.  Maybe the third fastball in a row was one too many.  He got the next three out with a combo of the two pitches, but the first of them got a sac fly, and I'll be it wasn't off of a splitter. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

No way is a new closer needed, but I do have one thought about last night.  Normally he mixes the fastballs with the splitters, and that's all he needs to be successful.  However, with the leadoff batter in the 9th, he threw three straight fastballs.  The first two were strikes, and the third one, out of the strike zone, was still hittable and ended up being a triple.  Maybe the third fastball in a row was one too many.  He got the next three out with a combo of the two pitches, but the first of them got a sac fly, and I'll be it wasn't off of a splitter. 

So you noticed that, too.  IIRC nearly everything he throws is down in the zone, whether it's the FB or the splitter, and usually at the very bottom of the zone.  Last night just about everything was up and nothing looked like a splitter.  I had to wonder if the splitter wasn't working while he was in the pen and he tried to tough it out with the FB. 

Tomorrow is another day.  I'm not giving up on him yet.  Partly because he's all we've got!  :-)