On a brighter note...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

On a brighter note...

Who isn't absolutely delighted with the play of Brock Holt?  If others on the team were playing up to his level, the Sox would be leading the league. 

Naysayers may question the sample size or his endurance and label him a utility player, but there is no denying that he's been a rock of consistency since being inserted into the starting lineup on a daily basis.

G     AB     Ave.     RBI     OPS

32   131    .336      15      .839

I say put him at 3B batting first with Bogearts at SS batting second, juggle the outfield if necessary by platooning, but set the top of the everyday lineup and let the season play out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: On a brighter note...

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who isn't absolutely delighted with the play of Brock Holt?  If others on the team were playing up to his level, the Sox would be leading the league. 

Naysayers may question the sample size or his endurance and label him a utility player, but there is no denying that he's been a rock of consistency since being inserted into the starting lineup on a daily basis.

I say put him at 3B batting first with Bogearts at SS batting second, juggle the outfield if necessary by platooning, but set the top of the everyday lineup and let the season play out.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

He has been fun to watch.

It's getting to the point that I'm disappointed if he's not on 1st in his AB.

He's also played pretty good D, no matter what position they put him in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Agreed.  I was actually a fan of the Drew signing (still am as it's a long season) but I REALLY think this lineup needs some consistency.  Right now it seems like other than 2B every position is platooned.  I know the injuries do not help but for the time being I would like to see how things play out with a consistent lineup.  Now if only we could find a GOOD hitter to play in the 6 spot.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No way that Bogarets should be batting second.  That is why he is struggling.  When he batted #5, he is above his offense stats.

Put him back to the #5 spot.  Lineup should be: Holt, Pedrioa, Papi, Napoli, Bogarets, AJP, whoever play RF, Drew and JBJ

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

At what point do people stop making comps like "yeah, well remember when everyone was all gaga over Pedro Ciriaco?"  First off, even on Pedro's initial Yankee-killing hot streak, he was a punch and Judy hitter.  Holt, even with an inevitable cool-off, is a very different hitter:  he laces the ball and has better plate discipline.  Second, at least to me, it has been plenty large enough sample size now that I have turned the corner from "wow, this kid is really making the most of his opportunity, but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop" to "this kid is for real, period."    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i hope you are right space.  he's a kid that it is easy to root for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Victorino (who), injury has hurt, especially when you get a lead-off batter who is getting on base.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Holt has hit at every level, but hasnt been given his fair shot having regular playing time in MLB. I hope he can keep it going throughout the season. I expect a cool off, but hes a .294BA in the minors and a decent .340OBP, so hes got a legit shot. The OBP doesnt scream leadoff hitter, so Id like to see how the next few weeks go and just how far back to earth he falls.

Whatever happens, hes been a spark on both offense and defense.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We need a manager for our manager,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has been a very pleasant surprise...nobody could bench him but himself... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No way that Bogarets should be batting second.  That is why he is struggling.  When he batted #5, he is above his offense stats.

Put him back to the #5 spot.  Lineup should be: Holt, Pedrioa, Papi, Napoli, Bogarets, AJP, whoever play RF, Drew and JBJ

[/QUOTE]

You make a very good point.  And I certainly would go along with that lineup provided Farrell sticks to it for consistency on a day-to-day basis.  The time for experimentation is over.  Fill out the lineup card and make the commitment to the players and fans that this is the team that will represent the franchise, barring injuries, for the rest of the season.