On a positive note.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

On a positive note.....

I thought Scutaro played well at SS, making two sparkling plays in the field.
    Beckett also swing the bat well given he usually stands there and takes three and sits down.
    Lee brought his A game, and I don't think it would have mattered what line-up we put out there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: On a positive note.....

On another positive note, as I personally requested 1.5 months ago, we will soon acquire Carlos Beltran.  He will play RF, occasionally DH'ing, and of course bat 6th.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

In Response to Re: On a positive note.....:
    [QUOTE]On another positive note, as I personally requested 1.5 months ago, we will soon acquire Carlos Beltran.  He will play RF, occasionally DH'ing, and of course bat 6th.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

The burning question:   

What's left of talent in the farm system, who will Theo have to part with in order to get Carlos Beltran  ?
    He won't come cheap in terms of salary and talent.      

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

In Response to On a positive note.....:
    [QUOTE]I thought Scutaro played well at SS, making two sparkling plays in the field. Beckett also swing the bat well given he usually stands there and takes three and sits down. Lee brought his A game, and I don't think it would have mattered what line-up we put out there.

Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

LOL...bright side...beckett swinging the bat well? That should really help down the stretch. Maybe he can pinch hit for crawful or varitick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to On a positive note..... : LOL...bright side...beckett swinging the bat well? That should really help down the stretch. Maybe he can pinch hit for crawful or varitick.
    Posted by The--Babe[/QUOTE]

Varitek has a higher OPS than Jeter.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

yes they both should retire.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: On a positive note..... : The burning question:    What's left of talent in the farm system, who will Theo have to part with in order to get Carlos Beltran  ? He won't come cheap in terms of salary and talent.      
    Posted by Diamondtalk[/QUOTE]

If we are taking on Beltran, as a rental, and the balance of his $18M Salary without the Mets having to take Drew or Cam in return: I would say 1 or 2  B level prospects. Other than a salary dump--the Mets are  only 9.5 games out--there's always a wildcard possibility--why trade Beltran with a .281, 11 HR's and 53 RBI.

There likely will be a lot of interest in Beltran. The Sox can look to the farm in the next month--Navarro, Nava, Lin and Hassan--if they are looking for a RHanded bat. Certainly Reddick should be given a fultime shot @ RF the way he has been hitting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: On a positive note..... : Varitek has a higher OPS than Jeter.   

Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

So two wrongs make a right in your book?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

another positive note is something i noticed about beckett; or rather noticed was missing about beckett. about 25 pounds. i haven't seen him pitch since last year. i wonder where his professionalism was the last few years. he is so good he seemed ok, but he was not at his best carrying all that weight. but he's back now. so that's good. same with "not that fat" whathisname at dh. be in shape and good things happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

also, jenks didn't look to bad after a lond DL stint.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Red Sox getting Beltran??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Another positive note:  Lee is not a Yankee.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee-yazzer. Show thee-yazzer's posts

i'm positive this SOX team isn't worth 180 million smackeroos.
    nice job THEO.

"no bad signing goes unpunished."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]Another positive note:  Lee is not a Yankee.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    Amen to that!!