ON APRIL 20TH (100TH BIRTHDAY) HOW ABOUT A SEND OFF FOR WAKE & TECK.......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: ON APRIL 20TH (100TH BIRTHDAY) HOW ABOUT A SEND OFF FOR WAKE & TECK.......

All well and good Bill, but they are not making it easy on the Red Sox as you can read below:

• Nothing new on Jason Varitek or Tim Wakefield. Kind of a tricky spot for the Red Sox, who aren't obligated to announce anything. But at the same time, fans want to know. I would guess it's up to Jason and Tim to announce anything.

Posada dealt with it professionally. These guys may be showing their true colors.

Lastly, they are free agents and thus, no onus on the Red Sox. They are free to sign with 29 other teams, but obviously, the Red Sox see the same thing the other teams do.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

4/20?
    i thought they preferred beer?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: ON APRIL 20TH (100TH BIRTHDAY) HOW ABOUT A SEND OFF FOR WAKE & TECK.......:
    [QUOTE]4/20? i thought they preferred beer?
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

A few years back they sported the Green jerseys for a 4/20 game vs. the Yanks, coincidence..... I think not.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

As dad would say "Son, always remember to respect the old folks in the family."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: ON APRIL 20TH (100TH BIRTHDAY) HOW ABOUT A SEND OFF FOR WAKE & TECK.......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ON APRIL 20TH (100TH BIRTHDAY) HOW ABOUT A SEND OFF FOR WAKE & TECK....... : A few years back they sported the Green jerseys for a 4/20 game vs. the Yanks, coincidence..... I think not.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

I remember it well. That was a Friday night game, on ESPN I believe. The Sox wore the green, and came back to burn Rivera for a win in the ninth or tenth inning. The following Sunday night game, also on ESPN, was the game where Drew/Ramirez/Lowell/Varitek hit four HR in a row to put the Sox up 4-3. Yanks retook the lead at 5-4, then Lowell addeed a 3R HR to put the Sox back up 7-5. Great games that weekend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

There is a reason why neither player is back this year.
    Perhaps a send-off is appropriate for Red Sox faithfuls.

...sad to see two stalwarts from the decade ride into their sunsets alone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

A retirement ceremony is probably planned in conjunction with the 100th anniversary of Ye Olde Ballpark.

By right, John Henry should offer one free 8 ounce glass of beer with a commemorative engraved  picture of the R.M.S. Titanic on the glass.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

100 years is a very important milestone. Management might invite the living Hall of Famers and other key veterans through the years - Yaz, Rice, Pesky; a representative of the Williams family perhaps.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ON APRIL 20TH (100TH BIRTHDAY) HOW ABOUT A SEND OFF FOR WAKE & TECK....... : I think an 8oz glass of beer with a commemorative chicken wing engraved on it would be more appropriate than a ship that has nothing to do with the sawx. 
    Posted by TBSHBT1969[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what we've been missing on the board.

Sections
Shortcuts