On Boston Globe 10.0

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

On Boston Globe 10.0

Bob Ryan claimed that Derek Jeter is better than the following 3 K Hit Club Members, in decreasing order (This surprised me too)

Al Kaline       (Ryan's only tough one)
    Wade Boggs (WFAN disagrees)
    Yaz            (WFAN disagrees)
    Cal Ripken (Ryan's partner Dumont disagrees)
    Lou Brock (WFAN disagrees)
    Robin Yount (As mentioned on WFAN only)
    Paul Molitor
    Eddie Murray (WFAN disagrees)
    Rafael Palmiero
    Craig Biggio

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Re: On Boston Globe 10.0

Bob Ryan needs to find another field of endeavor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: On Boston Globe 10.0:
    [QUOTE]Bob Ryan needs to find another field of endeavor.
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]

Perhaps he's a little more objective than you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

ok in order if I agree.....kaline...NO...399 Hrs.....Boggs..NO ..5 Batting titles....Yaz...NO...Triple Crown.....better defender....over 3k hits....400 hrs.....Cal Ripken.....NO....but it is close.....Lou Brock....YES.......Molitor.....YES.....Eddie Murray......NO.....Gold Glove 1b.....over 500 hrs....Biggio....Maybe.....thats 2 Yes and 1 maybe....and I assume Bob Ryan doesnt think Jeter is better than the other 20 guys with 3k hits so I wont mention them either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]ok in order if I agree.....kaline...NO...399 Hrs.....Boggs..NO ..5 Batting titles....Yaz...NO...Triple Crown.....better defender....over 3k hits....400 hrs.....Cal Ripken.....NO....but it is close.....Lou Brock....YES.......Molitor.....YES.....Eddie Murray......NO.....Gold Glove 1b.....over 500 hrs....Biggio....Maybe.....thats 2 Yes and 1 maybe....and I assume Bob Ryan doesnt think Jeter is better than the other 20 guys with 3k hits so I wont mention them either.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

I guess you're forgetting the 5 Rings, Clutch Play, 5 GGs (spurious or not) and his .317 Career BA before 2010. Regardless, I assume you'd take him over Palmiero. Winfield is another possibility. And Biggio? R U kidding?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to On Boston Globe 10.0:
    [QUOTE]Bob Ryan claimed that Derek Jeter is better than the following 3 K Hit Club Members, in decreasing order (This surprised me too) Al Kaline       (Ryan's only tough one ) Wade Boggs (WFAN disagrees) Yaz            (WFAN disagrees) Cal Ripken (Ryan's partner Dumont disagrees) Lou Brock (WFAN disagrees) Robin Yount (As mentioned on WFAN only) Paul Molitor Eddie Murray (WFAN disagrees) Rafael Palmiero Craig Biggio
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Bob Ryan must not know much about these guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to On Boston Globe 10.0 : Bob Ryan must not know much about these guys.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

He's been a sportswriter for decades, so this is not the case. You don't have to agree with him, however.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: On Boston Globe 10.0 : He's been a sportswriter for decades, so this is not the case. You don't have to agree with him, however.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I know who Bob Ryan is nh, just don't agree and I have always been a huge Jeter fan.  I would agree he may be the most well liked captain/role model for the game.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I can't imagine how you're supposed to determine who is 'better' between Jeter and a player like Yaz.  Totally different types of players in different eras. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.