On breaking up the clubhouse ....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

On breaking up the clubhouse ....

Correct me if I am remembering this incorrectly ...

There was a virus in the clubhouse last year, maybe the season  before.  The team was not likeable, the rich discontent, spoiled divas that they were ...

There was a reasonable understanding that this season would be a rebuilding year, one of several, but that was ok because we unloaded most of the problems mentioned above.

Cherrington screwed up bringing in questionable players as to talent and didn't promote our favorite prospects, so things were gonna be even worse for even longer than expected.

The Company od Eeyores bemoaned, in a fashione that would make their spiritual leader proud....

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.

And now ... after an amazing revival, a first place team, a clubhouse full of real gamers, gritty, dirtdogs  and more ...

we want to break this up?  TRADE the bum, we hear, already .... this time it is Naopli, has been Salty, Doubie, Drew, Papi, Ellsbury  ...

Cherrington has proven to be a true baseball wizard, the new skipper is everyting we could have hoped for and more ...

and sitting today - in mid July - just 10 games short of all the wins of the disaster that was last season ... we have the ungrateful, uneducated fans that want to break up the team we have found not just likeable but can stand behind whole heartedly ...

Seriously?

Amazing.    A guy goes into a slump - dump him.  A guy pitches poorly for a game or two - or maybe even a month - and some of us are ready to count him out.

More wins than any other team in the majors .... and you're bailing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Re: On breaking up the clubhouse ....

Not denying anything you wrote. Intresting now how Ben and our Scouts deals with the toughest part of a season, key injuries.

He started by signing Conteras and Lyons to Minor League deals. They are not make or break moves, but they are smart ones. Hasn't lost any Prospects, and you never know who comes out of Leftfield to have an impact.

Both these guys had good seasons, just never know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The Eeyores aren't really Red Sox fans.  I don't go to my kids' games and only go home happy if they win.  I've spent a lifetime rooting for the team through thick, thin, and when they were Valentined. Just enjoy the games and root for the players.  Like we did when we were kids.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

There was a virus in the clubhouse last year, maybe the season  before.  The team was not likeable, the rich discontent, spoiled divas that they were ...

There was a reasonable understanding that this season would be a rebuilding year, one of several, but that was ok because we unloaded most of the problems mentioned above.

Cherrington screwed up bringing in questionable players as to talent and didn't promote our favorite prospects, so things were gonna be even worse for even longer than expected.

The Company od Eeyores bemoaned, in a fashione that would make their spiritual leader proud....

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.

And now ... after an amazing revival, a first place team, a clubhouse full of real gamers, gritty, dirtdogs  and more ...

we want to break this up?  TRADE the bum, we hear, already .... this time it is Naopli, has been Salty, Doubie, Drew, Papi, Ellsbury  ...

Cherrington has proven to be a true baseball wizard, the new skipper is everyting we could have hoped for and more ...

and sitting today - in mid July - just 10 games short of all the wins of the disaster that was last season ... we have the ungrateful, uneducated fans that want to break up the team we have found not just likeable but can stand behind whole heartedly ...

Seriously?

Amazing.    A guy goes into a slump - dump him.  A guy pitches poorly for a game or two - or maybe even a month - and some of us are ready to count him out.

The only guy bailing ......Is Buch.... Yes he really is becoming  a real pain in the neck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

The Eeyores aren't really Red Sox fans.  I don't go to my kids' games and only go home happy if they win.  I've spent a lifetime rooting for the team through thick, thin, and when they were Valentined. Just enjoy the games and root for the players.  Like we did when we were kids.

I know your very balanced outlook from the past, Joe.  It's the kind of outlook I appreciate.   It doesn't mean we have to be happy about everything all the time, but it does support the team.  Through thick and thin is surely a way ofcoming to appreciate when it is thick!  :o)  I remember the '60s fairly well.  Not as well as some, but I remember the feeling more than anything.  The Sox were never loved less because of where they finished in the race.  Enjoyed more, honestly, when things went well, but never loved less. 

I fought against the notion that they weren't likeable last season, more in the sense that so many were calling them that.  But the team never lost my support.  BV did ... first skipper to say I truly ended up not liking since I cannot recall.  He was harder on the team than anyone, tore it up.  I don't like that of our own fans, expect it of our opponents ... but not from the skipper. 

I am more than delighted to have the team where it is ... they win, they scrap, they come back - and though they don't have the HR power of some teams, they can win in more than just power.  They still score a lot ....

I admit now, this squad IS more likeable ... the spirit in the dugout, the idea that they aren't going to give up even on a bad night.  And it's a team that everyone can contribute to ...

I don't post that much any more because of how busy I am, but Saturday mornings are free sometimes. 

Enjoy, friends, enjoy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I know your very balanced outlook from the past, Joe.  It's the kind of outlook I appreciate.   It doesn't mean we have to be happy about everything all the time, but it does support the team. 

Yeah, I get it, we don't have to be celebrating an egregious decision like Valentine, but there should be a certainb humbleness to our approach that informs us that these guys know 10x as much as we do.  There are reasons for what they do.  I don't mind debating certain signings, but I object to calling the GM an idiot because he drafted certain players, or signed guys to minor league contracts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

I know your very balanced outlook from the past, Joe.  It's the kind of outlook I appreciate.   It doesn't mean we have to be happy about everything all the time, but it does support the team.  Through thick and thin is surely a way ofcoming to appreciate when it is thick!  :o)  I remember the '60s fairly well.  Not as well as some, but I remember the feeling more than anything.  The Sox were never loved less because of where they finished in the race.  Enjoyed more, honestly, when things went well, but never loved less. 

I fought against the notion that they weren't likeable last season, more in the sense that so many were calling them that.  But the team never lost my support.  BV did ... first skipper to say I truly ended up not liking since I cannot recall.  He was harder on the team than anyone, tore it up.  I don't like that of our own fans, expect it of our opponents ... but not from the skipper. 

I am more than delighted to have the team where it is ... they win, they scrap, they come back - and though they don't have the HR power of some teams, they can win in more than just power.  They still score a lot ....

I admit now, this squad IS more likeable ... the spirit in the dugout, the idea that they aren't going to give up even on a bad night.  And it's a team that everyone can contribute to ...

I don't post that much any more because of how busy I am, but Saturday mornings are free sometimes. 

Enjoy, friends, enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

We need for you to have more Saturday mornings.  It's great to have you back.  :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Seriously?

hello ol friend. When I was 12 years old I said dump them too! Now im old and senile. I say keep em and that BC knows a hell of a lot more than I do. Too many fantasy baseball kids on here these days!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I know your very balanced outlook from the past, Joe.  It's the kind of outlook I appreciate.   It doesn't mean we have to be happy about everything all the time, but it does support the team. 

Yeah, I get it, we don't have to be celebrating an egregious decision like Valentine, but there should be a certainb humbleness to our approach that informs us that these guys know 10x as much as we do.  There are reasons for what they do.  I don't mind debating certain signings, but I object to calling the GM an idiot because he drafted certain players, or signed guys to minor league contracts.

Even georom?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to notin's comment:

[QUOTE]

Even georom?

[/QUOTE]

i was the first to call for papi to resign, play Iggy, i liked farrell's signing, hated the drew signing....the obvious answer to your question is NO

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

if were up to Joey/Notin we would still be throwing wakefield every fifth game, Tek catching due to his excellent CERA, and gushing over Beckett's performance in 2007 after yet another lousy outing...these "positive" posters literally had to be brought into the 21st century kicking and screaming baseball.reference nonsense...

As always - 100% correct!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

if were up to Joey/Notin we would still be throwing wakefield every fifth game, Tek catching due to his excellent CERA, and gushing over Beckett's performance in 2007 after yet another lousy outing...these "positive" posters literally had to be brought into the 21st century kicking and screaming baseball.reference nonsense...

As always - 100% correct!

Your memory is somewhat reliable, geo.  While sticking up for Wake and Tek - not necessarily Beckett, they never called for their eternal application.  More the thought that considering the alternatives, it is better to both appreciate the former talent while not killing it's present with meanness. 

When one considers the options of the day, especially with Theo and Luccino battling for who would make baseball operational decisions - player allocation, whatever one may call it, it is much more fair to treat who we have or had with respect than just cutting them loose. WE DID CUT THEM LOOSE (trade them, etc.) last season and it was the worst season since I was 9 years old. 

Wake wasn't a bum and Tek wasn't an albatross, but some sure acted like it.  Aged and aging, but not the bums some made them out to  be.  Could things have been better?  Of course.  But considering again one other point - neither you nor I nor anyone on this forum MADE ACTUAL personnel decisions, it was moot to be harsh and denegrating.

As for you being the first to pull for beinging back Papi, I've got the bones on that one.  I NEVER gave up on him.  OK, OK, there were others that never did either, but I can tell ya we had our hands full of the get rid of Papi crowd.

I remember a time when you even began questioning Pedey ... urp. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

[QUOTE]

hello ol friend. When I was 12 years old I said dump them too! Now im old and senile. I say keep em and that BC knows a hell of a lot more than I do. Too many fantasy baseball kids on here these days!

[/QUOTE]

Ahh, but we had baseball cards and Strat-o-matic baseball and we COULD  trade em.  Hehe...

I only remember Jack Clark as a late season, end of career pick up that I was really unhappy with ... and took it out on him.  Like he was the guy who made the trade.   Silly me.

There are others, Offerman is one that easily comes to mind, that I thought were mistakes, but I didn't blame the players. 

And before free agency came into play, I was even more about US v the opposing team.  We mattered ...

Senile is a warm, comfy place.   Enjoy!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

[QUOTE]

The only guy bailing ......Is Buch.... Yes he really is becoming  a real pain in the neck.

[/QUOTE]

Funny.  In a painful sorta way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Enjoy, friends, enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

We need for you to have more Saturday mornings.  It's great to have you back.  :-)

[/QUOTE]

Hehe, thanks!  I happen to have this afternoon off, too.  Very rare.  I have a problem with my speaking voice right now, so the Sunday Evening Discipleship class I teach is on hold.  I am told to rest the voice, so my fingers are free to type away!  {8oD)

Sections
Shortcuts