On the April sample pipe dreaming Aviles, See the Great Jed Lowrie Half-Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

On the April sample pipe dreaming Aviles, See the Great Jed Lowrie Half-Season

Peter Abraham, get back to me when the season wraps up. Aviles has no business as the everyday SS. At the end of April, pretty weak to stand on a soap box and say "I told you so on AViles". Either Aviles is the UIF'er or Punto is. If it is Aviles, until Youk gets healthy, Aviles needs to fill-in at 3rd. At this point, if Youk goes on DL, Middlebrooks needs to start logging MLB starter time. Aviles is never going to be everyday SS material, and he most certainly isn't 3b starter material, either. Iglesias should go the rest of the way as the everyday SS. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: On the April sample pipe dreaming Aviles, See the Great Jed Lowrie Half-Season

In Response to On the April sample pipe dreaming Aviles, See the Great Jed Lowrie Half-Season:
    Peter Abraham, get back to me when the season wraps up. Aviles has no business as the everyday SS. At the end of April, pretty weak to stand on a soap box and say "I told you so on AViles". Either Aviles is the UIF'er or Punto is. If it is Aviles, until Youk gets healthy, Aviles needs to fill-in at 3rd. At this point, if Youk goes on DL, Middlebrooks needs to start logging MLB starter time. Aviles is never going to be everyday SS material, and he most certainly isn't 3b starter material, either. Iglesias should go the rest of the way as the everyday SS.   
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Except aviles has hit over 300 in every season he has had over 400 PAs (full time)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Re: On the April sample pipe dreaming Aviles, See the Great Jed Lowrie Half-Season

Super Jed
    3 HR
    0 Errors
    3rd in MLB at SS in  WAR
    2nd in MLB at SS in OPS .927
    18th highest WAR in all of MLB

Bill Hall is golfing with Lugo, and Teixeira is a superstar "profile".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Don't forget about Ciriaco--who had a pretty good ST and has had a pretty good April for the PawSox hitting around .300. He had some major league time with the Pirates, I believe. He started at SS yesterday after Iggy was promoted.

There are options.

I am happy for Jed and Reddick--both good players that are getting an opportunity and making the most of it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Aviles leads all SS in MLB in HRs, Rs, RBIs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

Once again Hank the Skank you try to spin the fact that youre an idiot. Aviles is making you look stupid like many other players have in the past. Dont ever let facts get in the way of your reasoning. How are Lugo and Cameron doing?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to On the April sample pipe dreaming Aviles, See the Great Jed Lowrie Half-Season:
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

"On the April sample pipe dreaming Aviles"

Please try and put your words together so they form some sort of cohesive thought.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Aviles' career numbers are pretty decent, if you've looked, and his healthy seasons have been darned good. I don't see anything particularly surprising about his performance so far, except perhaps his power.

He may not keep this up all season, but right now it sure beats Iglesias being in there with a .400 OPS.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

And yet hank makes wrong assumptions about the Sox offense based on the April pipe dreaming sample. Hmmmm!

Sections
Shortcuts