On the bright side...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Re: On the bright side...

In one baseball game, anything can happen. But nothing Wakefield does justifies putting him on the de facto DL just to spot start after more than a month. That's what AAA is for.

Despite losing 4 out 5 from two loser franchises like the O's and Mariners, I like the starting pitching and where it's likely to take this team over a full season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Notice how modest Softy is now.
    If Felix perseveres, we'll never hear the end of Wake's failed start - and his unjustified roster spot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from malzone. Show malzone's posts

Face it. This is a bad team. Not the parts, but the sum. It's just wrong. It's JD Drew all over. Placid, dead, emotionally void. Dead, bad, 84-78.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: On the bright side...:
    [QUOTE]Face it. This is a bad team. Not the parts, but the sum. It's just wrong. It's JD Drew all over. Placid, dead, emotionally void. Dead, bad, 84-78.
    Posted by malzone[/QUOTE]

Sooooo, if the team wins over 84 games, will you be around to admit coming up short?
    Or is this UR one post for the year?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScottsdaleLarry-. Show ScottsdaleLarry-'s posts

Just think of the confidence they will gain by winning THAT game!

It would be a momentum changer when a last place team beats another last

place team

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

No, Wakefield's roster spot is unjustified, even if he pulls a Devern Hansack. Wakefield needs to go, in a bad way, even if he gets the W in his spot start off the de facto DL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to On the bright side...:
    [QUOTE]The stage is set to beat King Felix tomorrow. The Sox need this win to avoid a sweep, and they know this. Just think of the confidence they will gain by winning THAT game!  Nothing is set in stone in baseball. Anything can happen. I say it can be done!  Take the King down!
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from malzone. Show malzone's posts

Sooooo, if the team wins over 84 games, will you be around to admit coming up short?
    Or is this UR one post for the year?

I don't post often, but don't think I want them to win 84. I want them to win 100 or more. I just see a team that looks wrong, like all the great talent teams of the 1940s and 1970s (the '70s teams should have won at least once). It was oversold by the talent volume, but also by the writers. It always happens, in every city. The team looks good, the writers get excited.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The bright side will be if Crawford actually strikes out 4 times and not 3. 

Why is 4 better than 3?

Because it means that the Sox somehow forced Felix to face more than the minimum of 27 batters.  And that my friend would be a HUGE victory. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

Good call Kim!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Kudos to Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

On the bright side... Kim the Queen of this Forum is on our side. Period.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Your faith has been rewarded kim. Hopefully the second half of your prophecy will come true, and they will gain some confidence and momentum with this win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response ;to Re: On the bright side...:
    [QUOTE]On the bright side... Kim the Queen of this Forum is on our side. Period.
    Posted by smiley-beni-2817[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]Kudos to Kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    Exactly what I was going to say Harness, only with more exclamation points! ( maybe! )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Kim is the new Yoshimi! She's so Pop!

( I spent some time with my 11 year old niece this weekend..I'm guessing that "pop" means "popular". Pretty cool lingo I thought! ).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Kim is the new Yoshimi! She's so Pop! ( I spent some time with my 11 year old niece this weekend..I'm guessing that "pop" means "popular". Pretty cool lingo I thought! ).
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

Gag me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: On the bright side... : Gag me.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

LOL

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to On the bright side...:
    [QUOTE]The stage is set to beat King Felix tomorrow. The Sox need this win to avoid a sweep, and they know this. Just think of the confidence they will gain by winning THAT game!  Nothing is set in stone in baseball. Anything can happen. I say it can be done!  Take the King down!
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

If you posted this before the game, my congratulations.  Great post.  If asked, I would have said you had a point--nothing is set in stone--but then would have said King Felix would beat us.  Huge hit by Ortiz.  Great game by Wake (also Albers and Pap).  Great hit by Crawford. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe-. Show -The--Babe-'s posts

[QUOTE]Kim is the new Yoshimi! She's so Pop! ( I spent some time with my 11 year old niece this weekend..I'm guessing that "pop" means "popular". Pretty cool lingo I thought! ).

Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

Why would you insult Yoshi like that?!!

kim shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: On the bright side... : Gag me.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

I'll gag you.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I don't care what they said. You called it and are very, very Pop!