On the farm 8/8/14

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

On the farm 8/8/14

Mookie playing CF has 4 hits in two games--both wins. Ranaudo pitched and won--would have been nice seeing him matched up with the Angels tonight.

Eduardo Rodriquez is on the mound and has had 6 shutout innings striking out 9 so far giving up 3 hits. He's pitching with a 1-0 lead.

In 11.1 inn he has struck out 16 and allowed 1 run and given up 4 or 5 hits  since coming over in the Miller trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Re: On the farm 8/8/14

And Webster outdueled Jared Weaver.  Good night for the farm. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Swihart with a home run tonight too.  Betts had a 3 hit game, Rodriguez pitched a nice game with 0 runs and 9 K's in 6 innings. Manuel Margot had a 3 hit game, the OTHER Betts hit his 8th HR in 44 games, Victor Acosta with a 3 hit day adding in a walk and a SB, and 2014 3rd rounder Jake Cosart pitched a nice outing in 3 innings.

And of course Webster showed much more promise in his outing tonight than he has all season, and against a much more potent offense.

Good night all around for the kids. There have been and will continue to be growing pains, but they showed us tonight why they are hyped up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from therazcreation. Show therazcreation's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Swihart with a home run tonight too.  Betts had a 3 hit game, Rodriguez pitched a nice game with 0 runs and 9 K's in 6 innings. Manuel Margot had a 3 hit game, the OTHER Betts hit his 8th HR in 44 games, Victor Acosta with a 3 hit day adding in a walk and a SB, and 2014 3rd rounder Jake Cosart pitched a nice outing in 3 innings.

And of course Webster showed much more promise in his outing tonight than he has all season, and against a much more potent offense.

Good night all around for the kids. There have been and will continue to be growing pains, but they showed us tonight why they are hyped up.

[/QUOTE]

Yet Betts is back at Pawtucket so we can have Kelly Johnson on the roster.  Who the bleep is running things in Boston. If I was the head scouting director I would slap some people around for being stupid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

It just goes to the adage---when the Sox, that means BenC and JF, come to their senses and put their best 25 players in the dugout and the manager realizes the fans want to see the team win as many games as possible and make it difficult for opposing teams in a pennant race to win that that's what it's all about.

Instead Mookie is playing CF, which is fine, and batting leadoff--where he should be batting at the Maj. League level and playing CF or SS @ AAA. Instead of playing Mookie in CF for Boston and Holt playing SS for Boston and K. Johnson being DFA'd and sitting Xander and JBJ and Nava.

Hembree and Corey Brown have not seen any playing time since the team left NE.

So much for competition. We will get the we are playing our best players until we are mathematically eliminated. Oh well it's like spitting and talking in the wind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

You don't sit Bogaerts, he still probably has the highest ceiling of any young player on this team and in our organization....AND he's been looking better lately at the plate and in the field.

We might not be "mathematically" eliminated, but effectively we are.  remember it's not just about us it's about what everyone else does as well.  How many division games are left???? everyone above us has to win some of those games so how many do we have to win????

The season is over, its' time to let our best talent get reps against MLB caliber players and season them for next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Agree b ig time. These guys need to play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Rodriguez, was dealing with a lot of things this year, after his call up to Double AA. His wife was having a baby, they just got married, a lot for a 21 year old to go through. Besides, trying to stay focus on Pitching. The couple had the baby, and he can now move forward on Pitching.
    He's 21, so they are going to keep an eye on his Pitch count. 6 innings is what I expect from a kid his age, or no more than 100 pitches, if that.
    With Minor League Pitchers, I look at BB's, and hits allowed, K's are nice, but control is the secret to Pitching. He allowed 3 hits and walked 3, could be the Umpire had a tight Strike Zone, he allowed less hits than innings Pitched.
    I have high hopes for this kid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rodriguez, was dealing with a lot of things this year, after his call up to Double AA. His wife was having a baby, they just got married, a lot for a 21 year old to go through. Besides, trying to stay focus on Pitching. The couple had the baby, and he can now move forward on Pitching.
    He's 21, so they are going to keep an eye on his Pitch count. 6 innings is what I expect from a kid his age, or no more than 100 pitches, if that.
    With Minor League Pitchers, I look at BB's, and hits allowed, K's are nice, but control is the secret to Pitching. He allowed 3 hits and walked 3, could be the Umpire had a tight Strike Zone, he allowed less hits than innings Pitched.

[/QUOTE]

Good post, and great points.  People tend to take the human element out of all of this and forget that these guys aren't only human but they are also very very young.

They are at the same age that is equivalent to a kid in college away from home for the first time in his life, a time when kids learn through there mistakes.  People look at what these kids do in the minors and expect some kind of linear development and when they don't see it they immediately think the prospect has no talent, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

I have high hopes for the kid as well, a lot of people were really high on him and I'm sure the Sox are too if they traded for him with a divisional opponent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Another good sign for Rodriguez, that he might be turning corner, when he was Traded, he stayed in the Eastern League, didn't change to another league where batters don't know him. Just read he was dealing with a knee injury too, that's why only 94 innings to this point, compared to 148 innings last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottwad. Show scottwad's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good post, and great points.  People tend to take the human element out of all of this and forget that these guys aren't only human but they are also very very young.

They are at the same age that is equivalent to a kid in college away from home for the first time in his life, a time when kids learn through there mistakes.  People look at what these kids do in the minors and expect some kind of linear development and when they don't see it they immediately think the prospect has no talent, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

I have high hopes for the kid as well, a lot of people were really high on him and I'm sure the Sox are too if they traded for him with a divisional opponent.

[/QUOTE]

Young players crack when the pressure gets intense. Many players that have big potential fail when the real pressure hits. This is not realized until they move up to where everything is analyzed and the lights on them are bright.

scottwad24

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I also look at HR's allowed, tells me what kind of stuff they have. I go by the 1 for 10 ratio, 1 HR for 10 innings pitched. Less than a HR a game. This year he allowed 6 HRs for 94 innings, that I like.
    For his career 20 HRS in 460 innings. That's real good.

That kid CJ Edwards pitched 260 innings, before he allowed his 1st HR, I'm sure that's one of the reasons Theo went after him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to therazcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yet Betts is back at Pawtucket so we can have Kelly Johnson on the roster.  Who the bleep is running things in Boston. If I was the head scouting director I would slap some people around for being stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Amen; and didn't Ortiz say yesterday or the day before something like, "we're not playing for numbers and money, we 're playing to win games". Maybe some of the other team leaders should speak up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

PaswSox are looking for a Play-off spot too. Could be a reason, for Betts going down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Hembree hopefully will get a chance to rejoin the Sox before the Sept. call ups--going 4 innings after 2 was the most he had thrown before appeared to be an accomplishment. Maybe they are giving a team like the Marlins a chance to see what we have on the farm.

I would think a guy like JBJ would do so well in  Houston--big OF and little or no pressure.

Buch or Webster, Taz, WMB and  JBJ  for Springer and younger prospect.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Trey Ball has been pitching well lately.  2nd HF stats look promising.

1st HF: 9 GS, 7.07 ERA, .353 opponent batting AVG

2nd HF: 10 GS, 3.40 ERA, .232 AVG

17. This post has been removed.