On WEEI , Ben says that he heard from his good friend SOFTY/SOFTLAW ........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: On WEEI , Ben says that he heard from his good friend SOFTY/SOFTLAW ........

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

You nailed it BILL.

softy would have flipped and flopped by now.

Sox4ever

Actually Mr Moon,  This board is not the same with out SOFTY......   Sort of, like the "edge is off" !!    Put another way, probably the same feeling when we finally get to 2016, & whats next !!!     But I, for one does miss Softy & his opinions !!!!    As DAD would say......... "SON, its just not the same without that boy on this board" !!!

Only thing that would be better Bill is if you would join Softy out of here.  And Willie......I'm not trying to run you off the board like you said in your other useless thread.....you've already done that twice to yourself....and from what I hear strike 3 is right around the corner!

It's been great to see a kinder and gentler board of late, maybe you didn't notice.  Perhaps taking a light hearted approach would be nice.

How much of that goes hand and hand with Softy being gone?

I think a number of things figure into it.  I and others have been requesting less name calling.  The mods are out in full force, I have never seen them so tough.  The other day I responded to a poster by saying "thanks!' when he told me to have a good vacation and my post was delelted.  

I think too that some posters like to attack and pile on certain posters here, bill and softy being two examples.

Posters choose to post or not to post.  If a poster starts a thread I dislike I tend to ignore it.  When bill or softy start a thread or post I can ignore them or not.  It seems to me that some posters here love to engage and name call rather than ignore.

On a certain level I believe some posters enjoy attacking others so in a way bill and softy served a purpose. Wink

Not to get into name calling but you can't say softy didn't have a tendency to be extremely vile to other posters. People pick on bill because he is goofy, people got extremely upset with the manner softy conducted himself. Hence why he was banned 30 million times. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: On WEEI , Ben says that he heard from his good friend SOFTY/SOFTLAW ........

[QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

You nailed it BILL.

softy would have flipped and flopped by now.

Sox4ever

Actually Mr Moon,  This board is not the same with out SOFTY......   Sort of, like the "edge is off" !!    Put another way, probably the same feeling when we finally get to 2016, & whats next !!!     But I, for one does miss Softy & his opinions !!!!    As DAD would say......... "SON, its just not the same without that boy on this board" !!!

Only thing that would be better Bill is if you would join Softy out of here.  And Willie......I'm not trying to run you off the board like you said in your other useless thread.....you've already done that twice to yourself....and from what I hear strike 3 is right around the corner!

It's been great to see a kinder and gentler board of late, maybe you didn't notice.  Perhaps taking a light hearted approach would be nice.

How much of that goes hand and hand with Softy being gone?

I think a number of things figure into it.  I and others have been requesting less name calling.  The mods are out in full force, I have never seen them so tough.  The other day I responded to a poster by saying "thanks!' when he told me to have a good vacation and my post was delelted.  

I think too that some posters like to attack and pile on certain posters here, bill and softy being two examples.

Posters choose to post or not to post.  If a poster starts a thread I dislike I tend to ignore it.  When bill or softy start a thread or post I can ignore them or not.  It seems to me that some posters here love to engage and name call rather than ignore.

On a certain level I believe some posters enjoy attacking others so in a way bill and softy served a purpose. Wink

Not to get into name calling but you can't say softy didn't have a tendency to be extremely vile to other posters. People pick on bill because he is goofy, people got extremely upset with the manner softy conducted himself. Hence why he was banned 30 million times. 

[/QUOTE]

Joe~

Thanks for your post.

This is how I see it and please keep in mind these are just my observations.  As always I could be way out in left field!

I hear what you are saying and there is some truth to it but...

I have been here for a few years and this is what I have observed.  There seems to be a group mentality among some here. The attackers change names but not their approach.  

A poster says something that others don't agree with.  Instead of and intelligent back and forth the current "attack mob" come out of the wood work to pile on.  It's happened to me on more than one occasion.  

Look at this thread.  I comment on what I feel is an offensive avatar and the hoards come out with their nasty comments, some of them vile.  I choose not to interect with these "gentlemen".  It would be easy to loose my temper and attack them but that is a waste of my time.  Things get out of control and nothing is accomplished.

Way back when softy didn't have the problems he had on this board. He would post like others without all the drama.  I'm not saying he became intense  because he was attacked constantly but a person can only take so much.  I have seen him post some very  mild things but because it's him he gets attacked. I have seen other poster post much worse but don't get attacked because they are not on the attackers "list"

I didn't have a problem with softy.  I know we have similar political beliefs but I thought he was an intelligent man who made some good points.  It's a shame he went into attack mode in the end but I do believe he may have been provoked.

As far as bill goes, it's just wrong.  He has been posting the same way for years and no one bothered him.  Some how he got on the 'attackers list' and it's never ending.  Bill's posts don't hurt a soul yet "they" come out of the woodwork to make his life miserable.  Again, I see others make "dopy" comments without being harassed.

My son is ADHD and very intelligent, he was kind of 'dopy' as a kid.  He was picked on and attacked without mercy.  I have no patience with people who think it's ok to pick on someone who is harmless but as you say 'dopy'

Sorry for the long post.  Again these are just my observations.  Attack squad come out in full force if you wish but I have most of you on ignore Sealed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I have been here for a few years and this is what I have observed.  There seems to be a group mentality among some here. The attackers change names but not their approach.  

A poster says something that others don't agree with.  Instead of and intelligent back and forth the current "attack mob" come out of the wood work to pile on.  It's happened to me on more than one occasion.  

Look at this thread.  I comment on what I feel is an offensive avatar and the hoards come out with their nasty comments, some of them vile.  I choose not to interect with these "gentlemen".  It would be easy to loose my temper and attack them but that is a waste of my time.  Things get out of control and nothing is accomplished.

Way back when softy didn't have the problems he had on this board. He would post like others without all the drama.  I'm not saying he became intense  because he was attacked constantly but a person can only take so much.  I have seen him post some very  mild things but because it's him he gets attacked. I have seen other poster post much worse but don't get attacked because they are not on the attackers "list"

I didn't have a problem with softy.  I know we have similar political beliefs but I thought he was an intelligent man who made some good points.  It's a shame he went into attack mode in the end but I do believe he may have been provoked.

As far as bill goes, it's just wrong.  He has been posting the same way for years and no one bothered him.  Some how he got on the 'attackers list' and it's never ending.  Bill's posts don't hurt a soul yet "they" come out of the woodwork to make his life miserable.  Again, I see others make "dopy" comments without being harassed.

My son is ADHD and very intelligent, he was kind of 'dopy' as a kid.  He was picked on and attacked without mercy.  I have no patience with people who think it's ok to pick on someone who is harmless but as you say 'dopy'

Sorry for the long post.  Again these are just my observations.  Attack squad come out in full force if you wish but I have most of you on ignore Sealed

Personally I don't think it's as group mentality although I can see how it could appear that way.  Bill and Softy draw a lot of negative response because of their own attacks on certain Red Sox players and personnel.  Such as Ortiz and Ellsbury.

It just happens that there are a lot of people who disagree with them vehemently and also find that they cross the line into being unreasonable and vitriolic.       

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

Personally I don't think it's as group mentality although I can see how it could appear that way.  Bill and Softy draw a lot of negative response because of their own attacks on certain Red Sox players and personnel.  Such as Ortiz and Ellsbury.

It just happens that there are a lot of people who disagree with them vehently and also find that they cross the line into being unreasonable and vitriolic.       

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your point of view.

My dad was the most devoted fan in the universe but he didn't hesitate to express his displeasure if he didn't like how a guy was playing.  It doesn't bother me if a poster doesn't like a player, they arn't gods afterall.  I didn't like manny and some did not like my opinion but they didn't change my mind.

IMHO it's fine to disagree but that's not what I see.  Bill isn't given a chance.  People think the worst of him even if he isn't trying to be difficult.

Bill is bill, he can be funny at times.  I think his sense of humor may be lost on some.  

Just think about how you would feel if no matter how you tried you were attacked?  As I said I'm on the attack list but it doesn't bother me.

I post with people I would have a drink with in the real world.  I have heated discussions with some but they are good debates, nothing ugly, no name calling.  If I wouldn't have a drink with them in the real world I ignore them.

I do understand where you are coming from, I just see it a bit differently Smile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It just happens that there are a lot of people who disagree with them vehently and also find that they cross the line into being unreasonable and vitriolic.       

[/QUOTE]

My dad was the most devoted fan in the universe but he didn't hesitate to express his displeasure if he didn't like how a guy was playing.  It doesn't bother me if a poster doesn't like a player, they arn't gods afterall.  I didn't like manny and some did not like my opinion but they didn't change my mind.

IMHO it's fine to disagree but that's not what I see.  Bill isn't given a chance.  People think the worst of him even if he isn't trying to be difficult.

Bill is bill, he can be funny at times.  I think his sense of humor may be lost on some.  

Just think about how you would feel if no matter how you tried you were attacked?  As I said I'm on the attack list but it doesn't bother me.

I post with people I would have a drink with in the real world.  I have heated discussions with some but they are good debates, nothing ugly, no name calling.  If I wouldn't have a drink with them in the real world I ignore them.

I do understand where you are coming from, I just see it a bit differently Smile

[/QUOTE]  Another B I N G O !!!!    >RESPECT & HUMOR .....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow......you know what.  I feel changed, I feel the love and the sky above just seems to have brightened a bit!  How about we all get together, join hands and sing Kumbaya??

Yeah.....I don't want to do that either.  Can you and Bill go away now?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow......you know what.  I feel changed, I feel the love and the sky above just seems to have brightened a bit!  How about we all get together, join hands and sing Kumbaya??

Yeah.....I don't want to do that either.  Can you and Bill go away now?

[/QUOTE]  Association...........  "Fellowship & Partnership"  !!!