Once again I was 100% correct...this time...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time...

In Response to Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time... : you were excited to hear that beckett thinks the fans dont have the right to know how players behave during a game???? what???? you were excited to hear him not even address his habit of abandoning the clubhouse during games to eat/drink??? Its not like this is the first time... seriously Space...i have no idea what you are saying my southpaw brother...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I know you don't my friend.  But, its all good.  It's true, I just don't care that much about the whole affair.  Its not that your position does not have merit.  It does.  Josh's historical pattern of clubhouse behavior certainly paints a less than rosy picture.  However, I think the placing of too much emphasis on this behavior is missing the forest for the trees.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time... : I know you don't my friend.  But, its all good.  It's true, I just don't care that much about the whole affair.  Its not that your position does not have merit.  It does.  Josh's historical pattern of clubhouse behavior certainly paints a less than rosy picture.  However, I think the placing of too much emphasis on this behavior is missing the forest for the trees.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

i like your style....focus on the big stuff...dont sweat the snacks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Personally, I could give two hoots about what goes on in the Clubhouse and I think a ballplayer has a right to expect some privacy within those walls. Of course there are exceptions, but pitchers who are not pitching that day, having  some chicken and beer are not one of them in my mind. That whole incident was just something to hang a hat on why the team folded.....and not the inept way that most of the team played in September....if they has won and succeeded in the playoffs not one word would have been said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I'm sure we only got tidbits of what really went on within the organization. The beer and chicken was meant to appease while the real issues were kept close to the vest.
    You've heard it said that the '04 idiots took shots of Jack Daniels before or during games, but the the '04 team had the chemistry and was a family.....the
    '11 team was a dysfunctional family at best, and I think rather cliquish. This is all speculation on my part but it makes the most sense for the collapse.
    Even Youk said that while the team was winning, discord was overlooked to some degree.
    The collapse falls squarely on the shoulders of Francona. He lost control of his team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Beckett has taken a year off, every other year under his massive contract. And although last year was one of his good years, he was unable to finish the season in a good enough physical condition to provide quality pitching performances in the last part of the season.

The only accountability these slugs have is fan criticism, so don't give Beckett a pass.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I didn't agree with giving him the 4 yr deal after his up+down years and shoddy work ethic, uncoachability,etc. But he's ours now, and it's root for him or against the Red Sox. I don't suggest that anyone calling for him to be traded is disloyal, they are certainly entitled to their opinion. But once the games start I hope they'll be on board. He ain't going anywhere until his contract is up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time... : you were excited to hear that beckett thinks the fans dont have the right to know how players behave during a game???? what???? you were excited to hear him not even address his habit of abandoning the clubhouse during games to eat/drink??? Its not like this is the first time... seriously Space...i have no idea what you are saying my southpaw brother...

I understand exactly what he is saying ..... btw, why just Beckett?? why arent you ragging on Lester who is guilty of the same behavior??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time... : I understand exactly what he is saying ..... btw, why just Beckett?? why arent you ragging on Lester who is guilty of the same behavior??
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

lester addressed this much earlier
    he didnt tell the fans it was none of our biz
    he was not paid extra to be the role model (like beckett was)
    he did not ever do this before...

good enough reasons, no?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time...": [QUOTE]Beckett has taken a year off, every other year under his massive contract. And although last year was one of his good years, he was unable to finish the season in a good enough physical condition to provide quality pitching performances in the last part of the season. The only accountability these slugs have is fan criticism, so don't give Beckett a pass. Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE] Last year was the first year of becketts "massive" contract.... But don't let facts get in your way!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "Once again I was 100% correct...this time...": [QUOTE]about Slosh Buckett...I spent this entire hot stove telling you that he is a cancer to the team and cares nothing about his teammates - his latest self-serving "interview" should clear things up for the perpetually polyanna and register once and for all that this guy needs to be dealt with asap... Posted by georom4[/QUOTE] Nice nickname! You should change the title of your thread to 100% wrong like you have been all winter

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

[QUOTE]We need five Becketts.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]
    Agreed! Seems some RS fans want to rip Beckett because he did not discuss the beer/wings w/ media. I agree w/ Beckett what happens in clubhouse should stay in clubhouse. Media more the problem looking to stir the pot - so to speak, looking for scapegoats. If fans are foolish enough to play along so be it. But because Lester adressed the matter he free of the mud slinging? Beckett was best RS starter last year, and if next years RS team is to make the playoffs Beckett is going to need to be a big part of it. Time for some RS fans to move on, or grow up?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Once again I was 100% correct...this time...:
    [QUOTE]about Slosh Buckett...I spent this entire hot stove telling you that he is a cancer to the team and cares nothing about his teammates - his latest self-serving "interview" should clear things up for the perpetually polyanna and register once and for all that this guy needs to be dealt with asap...

Best part of the post ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time... : I know you don't my friend.  But, its all good.  It's true, I just don't care that much about the whole affair.  Its not that your position does not have merit.  It does.  Josh's historical pattern of clubhouse behavior certainly paints a less than rosy picture.  However, I think the placing of too much emphasis on this behavior is missing the forest for the trees.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Spaceman, 

I respect your opinions but with this one you miss the point. It's not that Georom4 is missing the forest for the trees. He got lost in the forest (poor soul) needing to relieve himself, he keeps on lifting his hind leg and missing the tree and hitting the wet ground instead. 

Sorry for the poor anology, but my point is he is so blinded like others of his ilk, by his hatred of certain players that he has little to no logic in his rants and ramblings.  in that what goes on 

Personally, I agree with Beckett in that what goes on in the club house should stay in the club house. If much of the press were not so reactionary in blowing these stories out of proportion by hyping any incident they get a hold of it might be a different story, but the press writers for the Globe and Herald are very often notoriously guilty of this. 

I get Bleacher Report online and many times the subject line written is very misleading and over blown compared to the facts in the actual article. Bill Belichek and the Pats keep it in the club house. Life with the Sox would be so much simpler if it were the same with the Red Sox. If the press had less to feed on then they can tell less false hoods. 

Hetchinspete 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

pete has me on ignore, but cant stop writing on my threads....just plain wrong....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time...": [QUOTE]pete has me on ignore, but cant stop writing on my threads....just plain wrong.... Posted by georom4[/QUOTE] Kinda like your opinion on Beckett

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Please stop Beckett is not going anywhere. What is done is done and cannot be taken back. I do not think that Lackey was a great influence on these guys. never had these problems prior to him getting here. Maybe there was more to the Angels not going after him after the 2009 season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]We need 5 Becketts.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Agreed, or at least 2 more.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time... : lester addressed this much earlier he didnt tell the fans it was none of our biz he was not paid extra to be the role model (like beckett was) he did not ever do this before... good enough reasons, no?

One, it is none of our business
    Two, since when was Beckett paid extra to be a role model??? what then is Crawford since he makes more???
    Beckett did what before?? eat chicken and drink a brew or two?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

Brother George posted this months ago. He is one step ahead of you guys.

Re: Interesting interview with fired strength and conditioning coach

posted at 11/4/2011 3:05 PM EDT
    First: 4/9/2009
    Last: 2/7/2012
    who cares who it was - the entire team was in a funk...some were fat, some were lifeless, some were indifferent, and none of them had direction because of our weak manager...move on my friends and let's talk about 2012....we still have pedey, ells, agon, and youk to build a team around...and that aint bad.....now if the pitchers can tow the line once again...

As always - 100% correct!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time...": Kinda like your opinion on Beckett
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

Georom4, 

I have all trolls on ignore which is my priviledge. I'm reading what others have to say about your posts and agreeing with them. If you would get off of your tirade against individual players based on pure hatred, maybe I'd take you off of ignore, but since I do not read your posts I guess I will never take you off of ignore. I'd rather read comments of people who base opinions on intelligence and not blind hatred and stupidity.    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Brother George posted this months ago. He is one step ahead of you guys. Re: Interesting interview with fired strength and conditioning coach posted at 11/4/2011 3:05 PM EDT georom4 Posts: 3987 First: 4/9/2009 Last: 2/7/2012 who cares who it was - the entire team was in a funk...some were fat, some were lifeless, some were indifferent, and none of them had direction because of our weak manager...move on my friends and let's talk about 2012....we still have pedey, ells, agon, and youk to build a team around...and that aint bad.....now if the pitchers can tow the line once again... As always - 100% correct!
    Posted by NunciRom[/QUOTE]

i basically posted this same thought yesterday...but i think we would be a better team w.o beckett's mulehead and salary on the team....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time... : i basically posted this same thought yesterday...but i think we would be a better team w.o beckett's mulehead and salary on the team....

Mulehead, LOLOL. I liked Slosh Buckette better, LOL. You are funny Bro.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The forum has been taken over by juveniles using schoolyard nicknames. I warned Harness about this last summer and he thought that I was a trouble maker. Look at the front page now and you can't help agreeing with me. Someone had better give Harness a call or send him an email ASAP.