Once again I was 100% correct...this time...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Once again I was 100% correct...this time...

about Slosh Buckett...I spent this entire hot stove telling you that he is a cancer to the team and cares nothing about his teammates - his latest self-serving "interview" should clear things up for the perpetually polyanna and register once and for all that this guy needs to be dealt with asap...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time...

In response to "Once again I was 100% correct...this time...": [QUOTE]about Slosh Buckett...I spent this entire hot stove telling you that he is a cancer to the team and cares nothing about his teammates - his latest self-serving "interview" should clear things up for the perpetually polyanna and register once and for all that this guy needs to be dealt with asap... Posted by georom4[/QUOTE] Lol..."Slosh Bucket" - What are you 6? They have meds for OCD by the way...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Bill...have some hope my friend - tell Dad that Beckett will be dealt by the trade deadline if he continues to just be himself - an ungrateful, underperforming, overpaid, bad teammate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time...:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Once again I was 100% correct...this time...": Lol..."Slosh Bucket" - What are you 6? They have meds for OCD by the way...
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

give those meds to your babydaddy, slosh buckett....he is the one who seems to be denying reality - i can see it very clearly....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Georom and BILL-006 share the same opinion on yet another post a bout Beckett, WHAT A FREAKIN SURPRISE!!

geo you are only 100% correct in your own mind and to the few that agree with you on occasion...like Bill here!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

We need 5 Becketts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time... : SO, OH WISE SOXDOG67...... LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE ON BOARD WITH THE "CHICKEN MAN" AND HIS 64MIL CONTRACT ??  IT'S A LOT LIKE THE "BIG O" GIVING "SOLARNDRA" 535MIL OF TAXPAYERS $$$$$$$   SAME RESULTS TOO !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

BILL, until someone shows a half an ounce of logic and/or common sense, and suggests something that will make the Red Sox a better, or equal, team to what Beckett brings to the rotation, then yes I am on board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Beckett is a moron and sets a bad example off the field.  On the field he gives everything he has.

I am not saying I am okay with that but as soxdog says unless you get something better you stick with Beckett.  I wasn't one that gave Francona a lot of flack but in retrospect someone needs to get up Beckett's azz and not kowtow to him all the time.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett is a moron and sets a bad example off the field.  On the field he gives everything he has. I am not saying I am okay with that but as soxdog says unless you get something better you stick with Beckett.  I wasn't one that gave Francona a lot of flack but in retrospect someone needs to get up Beckett's azz and not kowtow to him all the time.  
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

snake, you speak the truth with forked tongue....Beckett was always one of my fav players because of that intensity - i cant believe he would act like he did late last yr....although i saw the idiotic, stubborn, me first-team last attitude in early 2010 when he lost his cool against the yanks and started plucking hitters all over the place....so many on this board jumped to his defense saying he would never have done that intentionally to the team and put them in that position with risp everywhere, but i think time has shown he was more than capable of doing just that...

these latest comments only confirm the obvious to me...although apparently to so many it is still a mystery....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time... : snake, you speak the truth with forked tongue....Beckett was always one of my fav players because of that intensity - i cant believe he would act like he did late last yr....although i saw the idiotic, stubborn, me first-team last attitude in early 2010 when he lost his cool against the yanks and started plucking hitters all over the place....so many on this board jumped to his defense saying he would never have done that intentionally to the team and put them in that position with risp everywhere, but i think time has shown he was more than capable of doing just that... these latest comments only confirm the obvious to me...although apparently to so many it is still a mystery....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

And I agree in theory but do you REALLY want to dump him for a lesser talent because he is such an idiot?  

That's easy to say but when it comes right down to it we all know what we are going to get on the field from Beckett.  Even on down years the guy is a horse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i think we should trade him for prospects - i even bet Roy or Joey or someone that this would happen this year....i was hoping a straight up trade for Garza...but we are making a big mistake by waiting - when we are 6 games out at the trade deadline and beckett is finally being held accountable for his mediocre pitching and bad attitude, we will lucky to find someone to take him,  even if we agree to pay 1/2 his salary....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]i think we should trade him for prospects - i even bet Roy or Joey or someone that this would happen this year....i was hoping a straight up trade for Garza...but we are making a big mistake by waiting - when we are 6 games out at the trade deadline and beckett is finally being held accountable for his mediocre pitching and bad attitude, we will lucky to find someone to take him,  even if we agree to pay 1/2 his salary....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

CLUELESS!!!!

The rotation needs to fill two spots at this point and this numbskull wants to dump one of their top two starters for prospects!

CLUELESS!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Once again I was 100% correct...this time... : CLUELESS!!!! The rotation needs to fill two spots at this point and this numbskull wants to dump one of their top two starters for prospects! CLUELESS!!!!
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

we needed two starters the last three years....how many games has beckett won in that time? you could replace him with anyone and get decent results with this team.....case in point - Wakefield...or do you think Wakie is still good?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

At the risk of belaboring the obvious, Beckett showed a lack of PR skills when he embraced the "clubhouse code".  This is not exactly BPD/NYPD terrain.  To assume that Geo is a chronically disgruntled Bosox fan who represents NOBODY in RSN or MLB at large is absurd.  In my brief travels across a number of different MLB fan sites, there has been a fair amount of negative reaction to Beckett's comments.  It does NOT matter that the causal dimensions of Fowl Beer did or did not affect the team performance.  People here are rushing to point out it had NO bearing on the Bosox el foldo.  Well, that might be correct in the real world, but the reality of the perceptual assumptions among many fans is that it was either causal or a serious symptom of a dysfunctional team....As far as I am concerned, Beckett was obtuse at best, and indifferent at worst when he made those comments.  Kids can understand the concept of drinking beer during a ball game, and whether those kids have parents struggling with substance abuse issues or not, they deserve a baseball role model who speaks carefully on the issue.  In my opinion, to say what he said, especially given the fact that kids are looking up to him, shows a kind of adolescent, pissy, and "I am entitled" insensitivity that is completely lacking in class...He has had plenty of time to think about how he might respond on a live MLB show so he gets no pass from me.  Beckett is a really, really good pitcher, but he is yet another baseball-moneyed brat in my book.... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

We need five Becketts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

unload Becket for a pitcher of lower quality or a couple of prospects ,and that's all you're gonna get for a problem child with a $50 million contract,and the race for a 4th place division finish is on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

You know, other than him not giving the mia culpa Georom and others wanted (personally i am glad he didn't deliver some fake-azz A-rod style Sorry everybody), the interview gave me much to be excited for.  Josh is obviously pizzed about September, excited about playing for Bobby V., and he is a family man now.  And, as a nascent papa myself, I think that can only be an additional plus for an excellent season from Beckett.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]You know, other than him not giving the mia culpa Georom and others wanted (personally i am glad he didn't deliver some fake-azz A-rod style Sorry everybody), the interview gave me much to be excited for.  Josh is obviously pizzed about September, excited about playing for Bobby V., and he is a family man now.  And, as a nascent papa myself, I think that can only be an additional plus for an excellent season from Beckett.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

you were excited to hear that beckett thinks the fans dont have the right to know how players behave during a game???? what????

you were excited to hear him not even address his habit of abandoning the clubhouse during games to eat/drink??? Its not like this is the first time...

seriously Space...i have no idea what you are saying my southpaw brother...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Congratulations~~~

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

My roommate and his brother actually grew up with Beckett in Spring, Texas. He was telling me that last time he went home and hung out with everyone, they ragged on him for hours about the "beer and chicken" incident and the Sox choking in September. 

Apparently he got pissed at all of them and made it pretty clear to check out his number this year. 

Beckett is known for his fiery disposition, especially when trying to prove someone wrong. I think he regains his summer '11 form and become the shut down pitcher we all know he can be!

Sections
Shortcuts