One can never have tooo many Hitting Coaches.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

One can never have tooo many Hitting Coaches.

Seems to be a priority from what I am reading, interviewing hitting coaches and planning on having two of them. As one poster said on another site: how about getting some hitters first.

Honestly for every one thing this ownership group did right they are now doing wrong.

Great move letting Magafan walk just to then decide you want two hitting coaches. Not much different than letting a proven Fenway commodity like Ross walk and then sign Ludwick.

Just please come out and say we know we won't compete in 2013 but we will in 2014. Take the pain away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: One can never have tooo many Hitting Coaches.

I also do not like the idea of two hitting coaches.

Oh well, at least Valentine is gone.   LOL

Tom Brady and the Patriots are taking my pain from the Red Sox away. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I am coool with anything they do if it is for the future and the sooner they admit we will suck in 2013 the better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am coool with anything they do if it is for the future and the sooner they admit we will suck in 2013 the better.

[/QUOTE]

why will we suck? we have core players..we just have to add the right players...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

why will we suck? we have core players..we just have to add the right players...

[/QUOTE]

Because of injuries, down years and BV making an overall nightmare and taking away any bit of unity this team had, its no wonder they failed.

There is a solid group of core players on this team which need to have players that are the right fit here, not so much the best players. Cody Ross is far from the best RF'er, but hes a solid fit in Boston.

Chemistry is important on a team. I know some wont agree or care, but I believe this to be true. I believe you can take a group of good players and make a great team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Seems to be a priority from what I am reading, interviewing hitting coaches and planning on having two of them. As one poster said on another site: how about getting some hitters first.

Is there a priority to hiring?  Did BC just tell Hamilton's agent that we cannot sign him yet because we do not have a hitting coach?  If we don't hire a hitting coach until 4/1/2013, does that mean we only go with a 21-man roster?

Seriously, these guys work 60-70 hours a week.

If Ben puts out an offer to a hitting coach on Monday morning at 8 AM, do you think he tells his secretary to hold all his calls for the next 3 weeks until he hears back from the hitting coach?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

core players? Where? They will get rid of Iggy just wait and see. Lavarnway is a hot or miss. Lester has his head up his azz. Elles is in his last year.

What core do we have? Pedroia, Clay, and Middlebrooks. That is about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

" Core " means nothing.  It is just more media nonsense.  Don't buy into it.  Put together a good team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

every team has a core.... most teams finish at .500 or worse each year. some core's are rotten.

A year ago you might say we had an excellent core but most of that is gone now and Lav nor Iggy showed anything in Aug/Sept to prove they belonged. Lester continued to be terrible, Elles is terrible, and Ortiz is not part of a core at 37. No real core here.

Core core core core core. I like the word though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Core is just a word.  You need good players to win.  Call them anything you want.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Pedroia, Middlebrooks, and hopefully one of either Iggy/Lavarnway can be here for the next 5+ years. Hoestly there is nobody on our current pitching staff I can see here for more than another 2 years. Lester will be moved out if he does not turn it around. 

The team should just come out and say "hey we won't be competitive for 2013 because we are going to need a year to get it all back on-line." No way can they fix this thing with players like LaRoche or Greinke. 

Sections
Shortcuts