One change I want..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

One change I want..........

The one change I want right now and it does not include firing, trading or any change to the lineup.
    I want the pitchers to hit some batters/pitch inside. Back when they were on a tear how many times did we see RS pitchers hitting guys. How many times did we see close altercations ...A lot...

RS pitchers need to be much more aggressive.
    Be positive and beat the crap out of the inside of the plate.
    Make hitters a whole lot more wary of leaning too close to home plate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: One change I want..........

they have not been pitching inside enough, not necessarily hitting batters but they do need to pitch inside more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

That makes sense - put more batters on base so when the pitcher gives up a home run, more runs are scored.

This is what I want - I want the pitchers to make key pitches when they need to.  I want the Ace on the squad NOT to give up 6 runs to the worst team in the division.  I want the Ace not to give up 2 home runs in one game to a guy batting .226.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to One change I want..........:
    [QUOTE]The one change I want right now and it does not include firing, trading or any change to the lineup. I want the pitchers to hit some batters/pitch inside. Back when they were on a tear how many times did we see RS pitchers hitting guys. How many times did we see close altercations ...A lot... RS pitchers need to be much more aggressive. Be positive and beat the crap out of the inside of the plate. Make hitters a whole lot more wary of leaning too close to home plate.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Putting men on base is not the answer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411795. Show user_4411795's posts

I've never thought the Sox don't put enough pitches inside, in fact I think they're quite good at that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

i just want pitchers; the SOX don't have any.
    if lester and beckett are aces, well, then the meaning of what that implies has drastically changed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FredMertz. Show FredMertz's posts

The RS have three of the top six pitchers in terms of batters hit.

...and you want more of that?

Sure, Lackey is doing great in leading the majors in hit batters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

we need a new manager - not a new pitching coach...or a new GM because it is apparent that he really calls the shots on the field and Tito is a yes man for Theo/Bill James

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

In Response to Re: One change I want..........:
    [QUOTE]we need a new manager - not a new pitching coach...or a new GM because it is apparent that he really calls the shots on the field and Tito is a yes man for Theo/Bill James
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

YES!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]The one change I want right now and it does not include firing, trading or any change to the lineup. I want the pitchers to hit some batters/pitch inside. Back when they were on a tear how many times did we see RS pitchers hitting guys. How many times did we see close altercations ...A lot... RS pitchers need to be much more aggressive. Be positive and beat the crap out of the inside of the plate. Make hitters a whole lot more wary of leaning too close to home plate.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

So that they can put more runners on base and give up more runs? And please, any pitch from Wakefield and Lackey would barely cause an pain at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

There's this thing called suspension...not a good time to brushback or purposely hit someone. Bad timing. Or if Lackey did it, a necessary evil.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]JIMMYBOY.......  B I N G O YOUR MAKING ALL MY POINTS !!!   PLEASE USE  "" WHEN QUOTING ME !!!WinkCool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

In Response to Re: One change I want..........:
    [QUOTE]There's this thing called suspension...not a good time to brushback or purposely hit someone. Bad timing. Or if Lackey did it, a necessary evil.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

slackey being suspended; instant improvement of pitching staff.
    what would it take to get slackey an unpaid suspension for 3 years?
    other than murder.
    how about stealing money that he didn't earn?
    hell, if that was the case, crawful would get a life sentence.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

jimfromflorida, I could not disagree more with your OP.  The one change we need more of from the pitchers is attacking the strike zone.  The Sox already lead MLB in HBP's, so more of that isn't going to help, especially when it puts people on base. 

And a caveat for "attacking the strike zone."  What I really mean is better command of pitches.  Other teams seem to have pitchers who can get strikes without having to throw the ball into the middle of the strike zone.  Ours have a problem with that--and that absolutely includes Lester and Beckett.