One hit and 10k's later

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: One hit and 10k's later

In Response to Re: One hit and 10k's later:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hit and 10k's later : And I'm not disagreeing ...  yet; where's the proof that this was a prediction ?  Otherwise, it's like saying about a long-shot in a horse race; "He's 50-1, but I think he's better than that, I have a hunch it's a good long-shot bet, and I'll use a little funny money on it; if I lose, it's no harm, no foul"
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Excellent analogy! In horse racing or any wagering circles, longshot players expect to lose X amount of times. It only takes one hit to stake many more wagers.

In 2009, I made a long-shot projection that the team would win 100 games - for the first time in 62 years. I fell 5 wins short as Smoltz couldn't replace the injured Dice. It was no mistake. Just a projection that didn't pan out.

In contrast, had this thread author said he projected that the Sox would end up with that one lone hit, instead of venting, then it would have been a prediction that didn't materialize. But he didn't. He panicked, as would a patron who saw his horse break last in a fast first quarter.

The race doesn't end until they cross that finish line.
    Many here don't have the patience to wait.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hit and 10k's later : kinda like your prediction that the orioles would be in second place.
    Posted by ---The-Babe---[/QUOTE]
    that prediction is laughable

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hit and 10k's later : But your projection was wrong, so that was a mistake.

Wrong ... and lame. If he guaranteed it like SPC (who's mysteriously absent since the Bruins won the Cup; what a hypocrit), that would be different.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hit and 10k's later : Wrong ... and lame. If he guaranteed it like SPC (who's mysteriously absent since the Bruins won the Cup; what a hypocrit), that would be different.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

spc always disappears when the red flops aren't going well

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hit and 10k's later : that prediction is laughable
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12[/QUOTE]

Not as laughable as some longshot horses I've bet on!
    The O's are in fact better this year than they've been in many years.
    But they are in a really tough division.

Makes me wonder how they'd do in the NL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hit and 10k's later : spc always disappears when the red flops aren't going well

But he's first to point out when others don't post, even if it's not TRUE. And he would start Multiple Threads the same day on this topic. That's why he's a hypocrit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hit and 10k's later : You wrongly projected them to come in 2nd, so it was a mistake. I fiugured the excuses were coming.

Thats funny coming from you, who continually derided "homerun Beckett" as a pitcher, but unsurprisingly, we haven't seen you post how well he is now doing.
    It must be coming....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to One hit and 10k's later:
    [QUOTE]And we still have one hit against another average team and pitcher.  Someones got to get this offense going.  We shouldn'nt be this bad regardless of losing a couple of players and Ells sitting.  
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Apparently not only is this team a compelte failure if they ever lose a single game, they are also a complete failure if they even trail at any point.

(And Bud Norris is actually a pretty good pitcher FWIW.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yes. Trailing is no longer allowed here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hit and 10k's later : Just The Babe. I just see you are quick to point out others' errors but quickly dismiss yours with excuses.

You're a middle-aged Yankee fan who spends his entire life on a Sox board saying things like "Red Flops", "Big Floppy", "Papelblown", "Beckhit", ect., and just arguing with Sox fans because you get some kind of joy out of it that you, apparently, don't have in your life. Of course, you're only "the Babe". Why would anyone like you, who spends their time the way you do, have other names here? LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hit and 10k's later : You're a middle-aged Yankee fan who spends his entire life on a Sox board saying things like "Red Flops", "Big Floppy", "Papelblown", "Beckhit", ect., and just arguing with Sox fans because you get some kind of joy out of it that you, apparently, don't have in your life. Of course, you're only "the Babe". Why would anyone like you, who spends their time the way you do, have other names here? LOL
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Ok, pike.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]i'll tell ya,folks should not give up on Drew just yet. he usually starts hitting in the second half of the season,as you probably know.
    Posted by jerrynewyork[/QUOTE]

Drew has really struggled but could still help our cause more than I believe McD or Cameron ever could.  Great comeback for the guys last night after sleeping through most of the game.  I hope this gets us going on a hot streak.

P.S. Two more hits for the kid, I love the help he has given us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 5/22/2011
    Last: 7/1/2011
    Bud Norris is like this, I have him on my fantasy team for his nice amount of K's, but then he blows up. I've been waiting for it all night, happy it happened :)

Thanks for the layer of info, NU...'

I know its the next day, but as I was following the game on-line last night, the box score sure read strong ... and even the last read wasn't too bad in most cases.  

I'd be somewhat interested in Bud on the Sox.  But that blow up inning wouod get him hounded into the Monstah ...

I'm just glad the Sox got their usual explosive inning.

It ain't over until its over .... heard that somewhere ...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

[QUOTE]typical wakefield outing too, 5 and a third 5 runs 11 hits............ Wrong. Wake's average pitching line for 2011 (10 starts): 6.1 IP 3.3 ERs 5.8 H 2.1 BB 1.29 WHIP 4.84 ERA Rounded off: 6 IP and 3 ERs.   Find me some other 6th starters with those numbers. Not so typical, is it?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

When you say it like that Moon, Wake might be our finest chip in a mid-season trade. Not so sure if I'm exagerating too much. ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hit and 10k's later : When you say it like that Moon, Wake might be our finest chip in a mid-season trade. Not so sure if I'm exagerating too much. ;)
    Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure you will ever see Wake traded to another team.  He is more valuable than some think even if we don't use him in the PS.  I personally see Wake retiring in a Sox uniform and never playing for another team but some guys just want to play forever.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Sitting Crawbust and going with a hot Reddick was what sparked the offense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Sitting Crawbust and going with a hot Reddick was what sparked the offense.
    Posted by redsoxcorpseman[/QUOTE]

Even when Crawford was sitting guys like Cam/Drew and McD played and did very little so getting Carl back and playing the hot hand in Reddick should have more results.  Carl will get things going, I'm not sure Drew or McD will.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

Carl will get things going is getting like "the check is in the male". Even if he "gets it going", it doesn't solve the imbalance that Theo has contstructed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One hit and 10k's later : You wrongly projected them to come in 2nd, so it was a mistake. I fiugured the excuses were coming.

I don't recall the original prediction - was it that the O's would be in 2nd place at the half-way point?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Carl will get things going is getting like "the check is in the male". Even if he "gets it going", it doesn't solve the imbalance that Theo has contstructed.

I agree three LHH OF wasn't needed but you still field the best players.  Why McD is in the lineup tonight over Reddick is a complete mystery.  Even Sutton would be better choice.  Now watch, McD will get two hits tonight and management will take that as him being on a role.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Carl will get things going is getting like "the check is in the male". Even if he "gets it going", it doesn't solve the imbalance that Theo has contstructed.

Freudian slip?