One last chicken and beer thread for old times' sake?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

One last chicken and beer thread for old times' sake?

This one is for the fans. I bantered about with the idea last night, but what I'm seeing on the forum this morning has given me the impetus to actually do it.

1. CHICKEN: Most of what's being posted on here is chicken #%@! right now. And for me, that's strong language, because I don't have those things in my vocabulary. I'm just that SICK of reading it. (yes, I know "then stay off the forum"....etc.) No one is annoyed more than me, but for God's sake suck it up and SHUT UP already! Some of your are ready to storm Fenway, lynch BC, BV, and Luccino, and burn the stadium down. We're three games into the season, and it may well get worse before it gets better, but it WILL get better. Do you think the team is going to lose 100 games? NYY are 0-3, do you think they should cut Sabathia? I'm really glad the team doesn't feel about itself the way the fans do. If they did, they'd go 1-161. Get over it.

2. BEER: I have absolutely no doubt that alcohol is involved in the creation of most of these threads. It HAS to be, no one could post some of the drivel I've read on here the last four days without being sloppy drunk. Trade Ellsbury, release Crawford, release Beckett, Aviles and Punto are no good (despite both getting 3 hits each yesterday), Bucholz is washed up (despite having not pitched since last June), bring back Wakefield, (really?), fire Valentine.....etc. ad nauseum. So sleep it off, pick yourself up and get back to work. If the players don't do that (and they will) why bother even playing the games? Hand the division to the Rays and go fishing/golfing/hunting/dress shopping.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: One last chicken and beer thread for old times' sake?

I did have 20 piece Chicken McNuggets and a Coors Light for Saturdays game...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: One last chicken and beer thread for old times' sake?":
    I did have 20 piece Chicken McNuggets and a Coors Light for Saturdays game... Posted by beavis
    LOL...I dont drink, but I'm sure I had chicken on Friday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I eat lots of chicken, but I don't drink.

I predict you have not seen the last of the chicken and beer comments and jokes.

I try to make at least one fried chicken joke every week.

I even have a cool pic of Mitt Romney eating chicken saved in my files for special occasions ( I'd show it now, but I am on a different PC terminal right now).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Chicken & Beer ?????   What are we talking about, here ??????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scoobydew. Show scoobydew's posts

They will be 1-5 after the Toronto series.  Bobby V deserved a better chance but he signed on and how gets to suffer through the mess.

Meantime Joe Madden stands baseball on its head by employing the goofiest defenses and moving guys around in the batting order by quick pick lotto.  The Sox will need more genius like that to compete in 2012.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Why not alcoholic chicken?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: One last chicken and beer thread for old times' sake?:
    Posted by LloydDobler

You just made your millions...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Posted by LloydDobler

I always marinate my chicken in Jack Daniels. Doesn't everyone?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

They will be 1-5 after the Toronto series.  Bobby V deserved a better chance but he signed on and how gets to suffer through the mess. Meantime Joe Madden stands baseball on its head by employing the goofiest defenses and moving guys around in the batting order by quick pick lotto.  The Sox will need more genius like that to compete in 2012.
    Posted by scoobydew

It's no secret why Tampa does well. They have starting pitchers that overachieve , unlike our guys who have consistently underachieved since '07. The goofy defenses are just a sideshow. The real show is James Shields and David Price.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: One last chicken and beer thread for old times' sake? : I always marinate my chicken in Jack Daniels. Doesn't everyone?
    Posted by jesseyeric

I marinate my liver in Jack Daniels.

The alcoholic chicken was an extremely obscure "Seinfeld" reference.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Great posts! Glad to see RSN hasn't lost it's sense of humor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

+

I really don't see the problem.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: One last chicken and beer thread for old times' sake?":
    + I really don't see the problem. Posted by carnie
    Ok carnie. You broke me down. Tell you what, you eat the beer and chicken, I'll date the girl.....:-)

Sections
Shortcuts