One last comment tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

One last comment tonight

It was a great effort by the offense to take the lead after Papi's double so we should be proud of our clubs effort here at the very least.  With that said, guys like Drew and Middy are equally important to our overall success and need to be replaced more frequently if they continue to struggle.  Hanrahan is not going to hold up under the pressure here in the AL East so please pitch him very little or make a trade.

Tough game for Lester and our pen!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: One last comment tonight

In response to craze4sox's comment:

It was a great effort by the offense to take the lead after Papi's double so we should be proud of our clubs effort here at the very least.  With that said, guys like Drew and Middy are equally important to our overall success and need to be replaced more frequently if they continue to struggle.  Hanrahan is not going to hold up under the pressure here in the AL East so please pitch him very little or make a trade.

Tough game for Lester and our pen!

Didn't see the game....but it's one of 162 too soon to make definitive statements about any of the players or the team. Drew is what he is a 1 year filler who'll either be traded or replaced by July if he doesn't start squaring up the ball...Middlebrooks is an entirely different dynamic. Sending him down is an option but it would signal they've lost confidence in him to be the 3rd baseman of the now and the future. A conclusion that while still to early is one that Cherington has to make sooner than later (by years end). I'd just drop him to 8th in the line up, let him hit and see if he can figure it out. 

Hanaran will be fine....Bailey is the closer and will likely keep that job for the rest of the year...Not sure that pitching in the AL East is any more difficult that any other division..pitching in Boston/NewYork now that can be given the ardent followers of each teams fans...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Napoli should had been replaced by Gomes and swtich Carp to 1B and Gomes to LF.  Naps struck out all of his ABs last night.  I know Carp would had to face lefty but he was hitting over .400 and hit a HR previous AB.  

And my choise would have been Uehara over Hanrahan in the 8th.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Napoli should had been replaced by Gomes and swtich Carp to 1B and Gomes to LF.  Naps struck out all of his ABs last night.  I know Carp would had to face lefty but he was hitting over .400 and hit a HR previous AB.  

It's so easy to be a next morning manager.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Couple of thoughts:  Napoli has a lot of RBIs , but he has had many , many opportunities. He has also left a lot of base runners.  His bat speed still seems a little too slow to catch up with a good fastball. Toronto has a very strong lineup. It was just a matter of time before they started to produce. The next five games should provide a clue as to whether the Sox can sustain their early pace. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

It's amazing how people can lose focus on what happened in a game.  So here it is:  we lost because Lester, Tazawa, and Hanrahan were bombed by the Jays, period.  It was not a hitting problem, but a pitching problem.  Yes, the ump cost a couple runs by interfering with Salty (who, let's not forget, is fully capable of making a bad throw completely on his own), but that is conjecture, and don't forget that Toronto got that big double with 2 outs in that inning, so I'm thinking those bases were going to get cleared anyway. 

The hitters, despite the pickoff of Ellsbury and other issues, still produced 7 runs, which in most games should be enough to win.  Did I forget to mention the Sox are up there in the AL in runs scored and still have the best record in MLB. 

I respect craze4sox, but think one loss after winning 5 in a row is hardly justification for dumping Drew and Middlebrooks who are as a minimum the best SS/3B fielding combo the Sox have had in some time and one of the reasons why the pitching has been so good. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Middy will be Ok IMO, Drew has been trending upwards since his .100 BA. Although slowly, its still improving. Naps is going to have a bad game now and then. He has a lot of RBI opportunities which means a lot of RBI and a lot of runners LOB. Goes with the territory.

The team was bound to have a rough game sooner or later. The umpire didnt help any, handing the jays 2 runs after he interfered with Salty's throw to 1b. But, It is what it is.

Buch going tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Couple of thoughts:  Napoli has a lot of RBIs , but he has had many , many opportunities. He has also left a lot of base runners.  His bat speed still seems a little too slow to catch up with a good fastball. Toronto has a very strong lineup. It was just a matter of time before they started to produce. The next five games should provide a clue as to whether the Sox can sustain their early pace. 

Napoli is batting .308 w/RISP and .290 with men on base, both respectable and both higher than his season average of .269. He's batting .238 with nobody on base. So it's a bit unfair to imply that he's not hitting well with runners on base.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

In response to seannybboi's comment:

It's so easy to be a next morning manager.

No,  I was thinking this last night when Carp was replaced by Gomes.