One More Trade to Make

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: One More Trade to Make

SF could use Ross for a push to a ring.

Lackey is owed $30.5M/2 plus a year at minimum wage due to the injury clause, so he is actually due about $32M/3.

Zito is owed $20M for 2013, but has a $7M buyout for 2014, so his cost would actually be $27M/1.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: One More Trade to Make:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: One More Trade to Make : Well, then, the true fans will just have to be thankful.  The reality is that the Sox's rotation is VEEERRRYY thin next season.  If Lackey could become a trustworthy #3 behind Lester and Buchholz that would be amazing.  With Doubront, Morales and maybe Aceves rounding out the rotation, they might be a contender for that 3rd WC. Just maybe the message that needed to be sent has been sent and received.  Lackey is well liked in the clubhouse, supposedly, maybe he really is not the problem all assume he is.  A fan can hope.
    Posted by parhunter55[/QUOTE]

I wasn't complaining and I am thankful that the team has a new look and hopefully outlook as well. Maybe things aren't as bad as some imagine. Sure, pitching looks weak but if Lester can continue to look cood and take it into next season, Buccholz has a similar season as this one and Lackey comes back strong from the surgery they could do well. So much is uncertain right now and let's face it...don't all of us true fans live on hope?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I care about performance and winning games, not personalities, religious affiliations, ethnic backgrounds or even likability to fans. 

If Lackey can contribute in a major way to a winning season, I will be happy.  If he can be traded for someone who then contributes to a winning season, I will be happy.  If he stays with the Sox and stinks it up, I will be unhappy.  If he is traded for a bag of balls to save money I will never enjoy, I will be unhappy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If we are really shooting for 2014, then trading Ellsbury this winter makes the most sense. (Other 2014 FAs: Salty, Breslow, Sweeney and R Hill)