One of the Sox's biggest decisions for next year is solving the RF problem - some options.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Re: One of the Sox's biggest decisions for next year is solving the RF problem - some options.

Ethier is ANOTHER LEFT HANDED HITTER!
    Quentin is playing a solid RF this season and has a very fine arm.
    He can hit for power.
    Forget Kalish and Reddick. Those guys are 4th outfielders.
    What some here are blind to is, with Youk on the decline, there is no right handed power on the Sox at all. Please don't mention Pedroia or Scutaro.
    In my 52 years of following this team, this is the least balanced one ever.
    Consider this....if Ellsbury had his usual single digit homers this year, you would need to go back to the deadball era in to find a Sox outfield with so few homers and RBI.
    Granderson and Bautista each have more homers than any combination of starting OF in Boston.
    Yes, RF is a big offseason need, and not with anyone now wearing a Boston uniform as the answer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Re: One of the Sox's biggest decisions for next year is solving the RF problem - some options.

In Response to One of the Sox's biggest decisions for next year is solving the RF problem - some options.:
    [QUOTE]Option 1 - Keep it in house let Reddick or Kalish win the job. Option 2 - Find a Rh platoon for Reddick or Kalish.  Good luck.  I'm interested in hearing some possibilities.  I'll throw out Marlon Byrd. Option 3 - Free Agent - not much there though: Beltran and Ludwick are two possible as I'd prefer someone who can hit Rh and help balance line-up out. Option 4  - Trade - Carlos Quintan - other ideas? Option 5 - Mega trade - Kemp; Stanton. * Obviously a lot of factors: budget, Papi, other teams' interests.
    Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]

Forget next year until it gets here.   Let's put this one away and send the Yanks golfing as we did in 2004. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

In Response to One of the Sox's biggest decisions for next year is solving the RF problem - some options.:
    [QUOTE]Option 1 - Keep it in house let Reddick or Kalish win the job. Option 2 - Find a Rh platoon for Reddick or Kalish.  Good luck.  I'm interested in hearing some possibilities.  I'll throw out Marlon Byrd. Option 3 - Free Agent - not much there though: Beltran and Ludwick are two possible as I'd prefer someone who can hit Rh and help balance line-up out. Option 4  - Trade - Carlos Quintan - other ideas? Option 5 - Mega trade - Kemp; Stanton. * Obviously a lot of factors: budget, Papi, other teams' interests.
    Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]

Keep it in-house, or go after a cheap, short-term solution (Swisher, Willingham, Beltran, etc... if these ARE cheap and short-term, maybe two years, three at the most). Our lineup is loaded with a Kalish or Reddick playing right... save the money for Ellsbury, perhaps Papelbon, or a front-line starter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Hanley Ramirez as an OF'er: 

I see copying Softlaw without attribution is how a shallow mind operates. You are a little late on that idea, just as you are late on every other issue.]

Nice to see Miller prove what a joke it has been to not invest innings in younger pitching.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Here's a look at the top OF'ers by OPS since 2009...
    (1,000 + PAs)

Bautista  .968
    Braun       .924
    C. Gonz   .923
    Holliday   .923
    Hamilton .909
    Berkman .887
    N. Cruz    .875
    J. Upton  .871
    Beltran   .865
    Swisher  .858
    Choo       .854
    Werth     .848
    M. Kemp .847
    S. Smith .841
    Willing.  .841
    Ethier     .838
    Grandy  .838
    L. Scott .834
    Zobrist   .833
    McCutch .828
    J.Bruce  .826
    J. Kubel  .821
    Cuddyer .818
    Victorino .818
    C. Hart    .817
    Quentin  .816
    Pence     .815
    Hunter   .814
    Hawpe   .810
    Drew      .806
    Ellsb      .804
    Ibanez  .799
    Crawford .798
    J. Bay      .796
    A. Jones  .790

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

WOW. Kemp - the retirement league stud, isn't even in the top 10 OPS since 2009 from his own peers. What a shocker!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

"Retirement League"????
    How about it if you ask Miguel Cabrara, Josh Hamilton, Jason Bay, Adrian Gonzalez, JJ Hardy, Vlad Guerrero and Jose Bautista for starters, how the NL is so weak compared to the AL.
    Funny, these guys, among others chewed the AL pitching up and spit it out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: One of the Sox's biggest decisions for next year is solving the RF problem - some options.:
    [QUOTE]I like the mega-trade option.  Ellsbury's value will be at an all-time high - use him to get some super prospects from contending teams, and send them in a package with our own to get an Upton, Stanton or McCutchen.  Not only does it make us younger and more balanced, but it makes the Crawford signing look smart in retrospect.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

ACtually, it might make more sense to offer Ellsbury for Ryan Zimmerman.

If Youkilis moves into a 1B/3B/DH role, as has been specualted by us clueless types, the Sox could move Ellsbury fora RHH 3B.

Zimmerman, like ellsbury, has two eyars left.  Unlike Ellsbury, they are going to cost about $28mill.  Even though arbitration, it is unlikely Ellsbury costs half of that over the next 2 seasons.

Washington has the recently drafted Anthony Rendon to step in at 3B.  I know he has not played a single inning of pro ball yet.  But there is only one team that has a postion player on their roster whom thye promoted there the same year he was drafted.  The team is Washington, and the player is Zimmerman.   Given the similarities in the two, and thjat it worked before, it is not so ridiculous that Washington would promote Rendon right to MLB.

And the Nats were very hot for a CF at the trade deadline, with rumors that they were actually considering trading Drew Storen for Denard Span.   Granted, they kept Storen.  But what would they give up for Ellsbury?

Oh, and since this is a RF thread - let Reddick lose the job before we replace him...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: One of the Sox's biggest decisions for next year is solving the RF problem - some options.:
    [QUOTE]Hanley Ramirez as an OF'er:  I see copying Softlaw without attribution is how a shallow mind operates. You are a little late on that idea, just as you are late on every other issue.]

You haven't told the truth in months. I was getting HanRam way before your idiotic Mike Lowell ofr HanRam rant.

Nice to see Miller prove what a joke it has been to not invest innings in younger pitching.

What a joke it would have been to bring him up in April as you wanted. Look up his April AAA numbers.

When can we expect Miller to revert to his career norm?
    (5.72 ERA/1.746 WHIP with over 60 MLB starts)

What's Miller's numbers since mid-2009?

(hint: he's ranked #182 out of 187 starters with a 5.61 ERA from 2009-2011)

Silly clown. Give it up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One of the Sox's biggest decisions for next year is solving the RF problem - some options. : [QUOTE]Hanley Ramirez as an OF'er:  I see copying Softlaw without attribution is how a shallow mind operates. You are a little late on that idea, just as you are late on every other issue.] You haven't told the truth in months. I was getting HanRam way before your idiotic Mike Lowell ofr HanRam rant. Nice to see Miller prove what a joke it has been to not invest innings in younger pitching. What a joke it would have been to bring him up in April as you wanted. Look up his April AAA numbers. When can we expect Miller to revert to his career norm? (5.72 ERA/1.746 WHIP with over 60 MLB starts) What's Miller's numbers since mid-2009? (hint: he's ranked #182 out of 187 starters with a 5.61 ERA from 2009-2011) Silly clown. Give it up.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

softy humiliated as always

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ram, you know I was a big "go get HanRam" poster from way back. Back before the time you wanted AGon. Back to the time some joker (not softy: we actually agreed on this idea long ago, but he thought FLA would take Lowell!  LOL) kept saying the Marlins would never trade HanRam because the needed to fill up their new stadium. Well, it didn't work. HanRam will make $45M the next 3 years. Now is the time to make an offer and switch him to OF.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Hanley Ramirez as an OF'er:  I see copying Softlaw without attribution is how a shallow mind operates. You are a little late on that idea, just as you are late on every other issue.] Nice to see Miller prove what a joke it has been to not invest innings in younger pitching.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

This coming from the Sybil of identities.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Boy moon if the Pirates gave us McCutchen the entire organization should be thrown out of the league. As mutch as I would like him I want to see the Pirates put somehting together and get some pride restored. 

I wonder if Jason Bay would turn it around if he went back to the Pirates, you never know.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE] don't think we have the farm to get Kemp. Kid, you don't know what you are talking about, as usual. You were slobbering over Tex, calling for Agon in 2010, then claiming Agon would stay in San Diego and they would demand a "ransom" to trade him. Kemp wants out of LA and is making standard "I want to stay in LA" to get them bidding high and make a big market. He's a FA in one year, and will cost around 10M or more to a team that has zero chance of contending in 2012. Kemp can be had for 2012 trade and the Red Sox remain one of few teams who can afford to extend Kemp.   We will likely monitor his situation as he appraoches free agency.  if the Dodgers can just sell the team and get some financial stability they can easily afford him in that market and would need a superstar. Are you an infant. Kemp isn't monitored, he's a known market sale who is on every large market dim bulbed gm.   say Ells gets arb this winter (after turning down a fair Weaver like extension).   Theo isn't going to offer any weaver like extension, you idiot. See Crawford. Theo is lying about serious attempts to try to sign Ellsbury beyond FA. After next winter if he and Kemp are both free agents we can offer them the same type of cash and pick one of them Ellsbury isn't a FA until a year past Kemp. And it doesn't work that way. No way to "pick one" when:   1. Dodgers will solicit trade market for Kemp   2. Even if Dodgers don't pull the trade trigger, mistake, FA isn't about picking. FA competition for Kemp will be keener than trade and extension market 3. Only a fool would even consider picking Ellsbury with Crawford, even if a FA could be "picked". Draft picks are picks. Even the Yankees can't pick FA, but unlike Red Sox, can outbid any team. 4. CBA is not in place that guarantees draft compensation, and Dodgers can do better that by far 5. No guarantee that Ellsbury obtains type A status, despite euphoria over career year after Agon came over 6. Crawford is better than Ellsbury, despite 2011, and despite the fact that Theo was a fool for buying long on Crawford wheelchair. No doubt, his plans were to trade Ellsbury, and if he has a lick of sense he will do so and not double his mistake of career year in a bubble fools gold. He should have traded for a star young slugging high career ops v. lhp long before now, and moved the overloaded farm line on younger lefty chippers. Instead he's a laughing stock for paying Crawford 20M a year when Ellsbury is still here. Mike Aviles after flailing is comical.  7. Only way to cut his Crawford mistake is to try and capture value by dealing Ellsbury 2 years of control away while media and most red sox fans think he's better than Agon. Perhaps there is a Gm as stupid as Theo was on Crawford. Let's hope so.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

Speaking of stupid ,So is your post .And you knew Crawford was  goimg to have a bad year? Your a f....n dummie.

Sections
Shortcuts