One of these 3 Teams ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: One of these 3 Teams ...

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Nice thread for you to put up, Steven, in a difficult year for you. I, of course, believe as always that the Sox will win. No shocker there. lol

Maybe we can pull you over to the dark side...um, no...you're already on the dark side. I guess I mean bright side. :)

Every yr's a fun yr, even if they lose 120 games. Otherwise, one would be a fair weather fan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Everybody forgetting the Rays? I'm just happy if we make the playoffs. I want the division title badly so they won't have to have that stupid one game playoff as a wild card team. That is one of the dumbest ideas MLB has ever done.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

While I love what RS have done this year. I definitely feel just about anyone of the playoff teams could win it if they got hot at right time. No dominant team. Thing that worries me the most about RS is their record vs. other teams top pitchers. We seem to beat up on the pitchers we are supposed to but bats tend to go very silent vs. other teams #1 starters. To win a WS we will have to change that trend and win some games against other teams top starters. Last game we lost was to O's Tillman, while we beat up on the Rienzo, Santiago, Chen, etc..... We'll need to beat a Price, Moore, Darvish, Scherzer, Verlander, or Kershaw, to get to where we want to be a WS winner.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I love what RS have done this year. I definitely feel just about anyone of the playoff teams could win it if they got hot at right time. No dominant team. Thing that worries me the most about RS is their record vs. other teams top pitchers. We seem to beat up on the pitchers we are supposed to but bats tend to go very silent vs. other teams #1 starters. To win a WS we will have to change that trend and win some games against other teams top starters. Last game we lost was to O's Tillman, while we beat up on the Rienzo, Santiago, Chen, etc..... We'll need to beat a Price, Moore, Darvish, Scherzer, Verlander, or Kershaw, to get to where we want to be a WS winner.

[/QUOTE

sox will face some tough pitching starting today, would be more than satified if we play just a bit above 500 next 13 dates  ( 3 Detroit, 3 tampa, 7 yanks)...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:

Everybody forgetting the Rays? I'm just happy if we make the playoffs. I want the division title badly so they won't have to have that stupid one game playoff as a wild card team. That is one of the dumbest ideas MLB has ever done.

If the Sox play .500 ball the rest of the season, it would give them 94 wins. The Rays would have to go 19-8 to tie. While nothing is guaranteed, after this weekend, I am certainly liking our chances of winning the division.   The Sox just have to take it one game at a time, and take nothing for granted.

As far as winning the World Series, it's a tough road for any of the teams, no matter how good or dominant they seem.  I think the Red Sox have as good a chance as any of the other contenders.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Not to toot my own horn but when I said is it possible we could reverse 69-93 to 93-69, most people said it's possible but I was being too optimistic. Most people said 85-87, give or take. Not to jinx it but it looks like even more then 93. Keep our fingers crossed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Sox clicking on practically all cylinders now, which bodes well for the Playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

99% chance Boston wins the WS

9. This post has been removed.