One Question About Lackey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

One Question About Lackey

Do we REALLY have to watch this guy pitch for 5 YEARS?????!!!!

Seriously has there EVER been a worse pitcher that has and will perform so poorly right out of the gate of a new contract for the Red Sox?? I can not believe we keep this guy. How can he be so bad?????

His stuff is slow and inconsistent. I just don't see any corner to turn here. Good location...bad location...it really doesn't matter when they hit all of it. 

This is 10x worse than Dice K. I can't believe I even Typed that.

At least there is no "No Trade Clause"....geez I hope there isn't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: One Question About Lackey

Yeah I never wanted him to begin with, I live in Southern California and watched him pitch a lot. He was a huge waste of money and I have to say I saw this coming. I didn't think he would be this bad, but Theo w t f man?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I would "DL" him and send him to FL.  He's ruining opportunities to get this team on a hot streak.  Giving up this many runs gives the Sox ZERO chance at winning games.  Send him to FL for awhile and tell him to come back when he has stuff on his pitches.  Give that spot in the rotation to someone who can at least keep the Sox in the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

I thought it was crazy to give Lackey a 5 year top dollar contract. It was. The good new is that there is only 3 full years left pay. Pretty clear that Lackey goes through the motions and gets paid about the same for being terrible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Pitching incompetence aside, did you see how he showed up Crawford on the misplay he made in Wednesday night's game?

THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY INEXCUSABLE AND RED SOX MANAGEMENT MUST ADDRESS THIS ASAP!!

AGREE?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSFAN2. Show RSFAN2's posts

I wonder if the Angels scouts and management are that much better than the Red Sox. They didn't sign him for a reason. But it was also mentioned his wife is battling Cancer... Lost 2 sisters and my mother is fighting it now. Let me tell you and it will definitely change your life...Im just sayin

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brunobeer. Show Brunobeer's posts

Maybe our All Star catchers (NOT) are not helping the  pitchers. I keep saying since last fall we need catching. Somone who can throw out a runner. We could have had Pudge R for a song.
    Maybe management must go
     No new catcher = no wins

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yaz. Show the_yaz's posts

you will have to watch him pitch for 5 years.
    as is the case with  all of THEO'S BAD  signings, which are too numerous to mention, the SOX are stuck with the bum.
    the only way the SOX can get rid of SLACKEY is 1) john henry eats his contract(not likely)
    or 2)make it look like an accident.
    i think the SLACKEY signing and the CRAWFORD signing should put an end to THEO's reign of stupidity and ineptness with the SOX. HOPEFULLY! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

make it look like an accident?  that was funny.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Well If he has that serious issue at home they need to get him off the field. It doesn't seem right if that is the case. He seems like a stand up guy I just do not like his baseball abilities. Or complete lack thereof.

If this guy is that mentally messed, shouldnt the pitching coach know this? Isn't this unhealthy for a human? 

Please get him out. My vote is.............Aceves. Get him in there asap.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: One Question About Lackey:
    [QUOTE]I would "DL" him and send him to FL.  He's ruining opportunities to get this team on a hot streak.  Giving up this many runs gives the Sox ZERO chance at winning games.  Send him to FL for awhile and tell him to come back when he has stuff on his pitches.  Give that spot in the rotation to someone who can at least keep the Sox in the game.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Time for a phantom injury to crop up while he gets his head straight.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Lackey's ERA currently stands at 8.01    ...... real lousy for a pitcher hauling away the kind of money he's getting.
    Among the very worst of signings by Theo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yaz. Show the_yaz's posts

please quit making excuses for the SLACKEY; he's very capable of making his own, which he does after every start.

SLACKEY, LUGO, DREW, CRAWFORD--4 good reasons to FIRE the inept one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

not making excuses but the guy did throw 7 innings and gave up 4 runs after 110 pitches. he should not have been in the game after that point.
    problem is that Albers, Aceves and Hill were spent, and no one trusts Wake

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]I would "DL" him and send him to FL.  He's ruining opportunities to get this team on a hot streak.  Giving up this many runs gives the Sox ZERO chance at winning games.  Send him to FL for awhile and tell him to come back when he has stuff on his pitches.  Give that spot in the rotation to someone who can at least keep the Sox in the game.

SPC; You wanted to send Youk to Fl or was it AAA the other day cause he wasnt hitting..Its not realistic and its NOT going to happen. This is who Lackey is. Hes a 14-10 pitcher with a 4.5 ERA....I didnt like the signing either FWIW, but hes here now and Im sure hes not going to be traded anytime soon. Plus, if you were a GM would you pay 15.5 per season for him? I wouldnt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One Question About Lackey : I read that this morning and thought the same thing.  I say they DL the guy, send him home to be with his wife for a few weeks, and then maybe he comes back stronger. When you are fighting cancer baseball seems so insignificant...
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth[/QUOTE]

I didnt know that.. I can understand if his head isnt all the way into it now.. Thats very understandable. Life and loves ones are much more important than a game..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

IF THE CANCER ISSUE IS CORRECT, THEN , YES IT SHOULD
    BE ADDRESSED, AND HE SHOULD BE GIVEN TIME OFF, BECAUSE
    SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT WITH HIM.  YET..GEOFF ZAUN, WHO
     KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT THE GAME OF BASEBALL
    SAID IT CLEARLY LAST NITE, WED, MAY 11.  HE QUOTED SOME
    MEMBERS OF THE ANGELS WHO SAID THAT LACKEY'S PITCHES
    HAVE SHOWN A PRETTY MARKED DROPOFF IN SPEED AND
    SPIN AND THAT HITTERS CAN PICK IT UP MORE EASILY. ADD
    TO THIS THE FACT THAT HE WAS A "HORSE" FOR THE ANGELS
    FOR ABOUT 7 YEARS AND THIS TOOK A TOLL ON HIS ARM. SO
    WE SIGNED A " WORN OUT HORSE " WITH A 60 MIL. CONTRACT
    FOR 4 YEARS.   HOW CAN THEO EXPLAIN THIS ?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scarhill2000. Show scarhill2000's posts

Lackey is being paid $15M to have his head in the game.  Many of us little people have personal issues.  Most of don't have $15M so we must have our head in the game. I work with a man whose child has serious health issues.  The man makes less than $10 an hour.  He shows up and does his job.  If Lackey's problems are that he cannot get his head in the game due to personal problems, he should take some time off without pay.  That he would continue to accept millions without giving 100 percent is disgraceful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yaz. Show the_yaz's posts

"he should take some time off w/o pay."--scarhill

how about 5 years?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]. the only way the SOX can get rid of SLACKEY is  2)make it look like an accident. Posted by the_yaz[/QUOTE]

and if they plant the evidence with #33 they can "kill" 2 birds with 1 stone....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Lackey didn't pitch the game on Tuesday night though.  The Sox being under .500 is not all the fault of Lackey so I think to indicate he alone is ruining the chances of a hot streak is inaccurate and unfair to Lackey. To be honest I am kind of schocked at Lackey's performance, I think he is better than this and will find it because he has never given any indication that he is this type of pitcher over the long haul.  Whether or not to send him down to Fort Myers is another story and I don't think you can just do that to every slumping player SPC.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

[QUOTE]Pitching incompetence aside, did you see how he showed up Crawford on the misplay he made in Wednesday night's game? THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY INEXCUSABLE AND RED SOX MANAGEMENT MUST ADDRESS THIS ASAP!! AGREE?
    Posted by drpjn[/QUOTE]
    I thought the same thing.  I only saw one replay of the 'long single off the wall' but it sure looked like Crawford was nowhere near that ball.  No excuse for Lackey to throw his arms up like a baby though.

if you have a link to the play again, would love to shrug at it again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: One Question About Lackey : I didnt know that.. I can understand if his head isnt all the way into it now.. Thats very understandable. Life and loves ones are much more important than a game..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Gretzky continued playing in a regular season hockey game at MSG after a section of glass was smashed spraying shards all over his wife who was carted away all bloody.  if memory serves he tallied 2 assists.
    @$%@$# lackey.  he shows up 1 more player on the diamond and the rest of the team should pull a Full Metal Jacket on him and beat him with socks stuffed with bars of soap.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

I did not see the game, What happened between Crawford and Lackluster?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey is being paid $15M to have his head in the game.  Many of us little people have personal issues.  Most of don't have $15M so we must have our head in the game. I work with a man whose child has serious health issues.  The man makes less than $10 an hour.  He shows up and does his job.  If Lackey's problems are that he cannot get his head in the game due to personal problems, he should take some time off without pay.  That he would continue to accept millions without giving 100 percent is disgraceful.
    Posted by scarhill2000[/QUOTE]

Thats a pretty pathetic and dumbazz thing to say...I dont care how much someone is making. If your wife is battling breast cancer and your 3000 miles away Its gonna be tough on anyone.. What the heck do you care about his pay, Its not your money. get a life.

Sections
Shortcuts